Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Threats of Physical Harm

:

ASC News and Announcements

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2014, 10:36   #16
groundraven

Send a message via MSN to groundraven
Similar things have happened to our airsoft site as well. Not so much as being threatened by other members but more harassed for the gear they wear and the weapons they use. Members are being bugged and picked on to a point where some thought of leaving.What ever happen to airsoft being a fun sport to be in.
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:38   #17
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump..... Other then that it is not needed, cooler heads need to prevail, nothing is worth getting a charge for assault or threat of assault over as it will screw up your life, job, travel plans and much much more.

Like I said in my original post. Nuff said, the details behind this post do not need to be dragged out. The post itself is enough of a warning, which also means every member has received their "first" warning about this type of incident and the second warning results in a ban now.
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:43   #18
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I came across a lot of hot tempers over the years. Both on here and on the field. Some time, a physical altercation was this close to happen but got prevented by other players.

In this age of ever present HD camera, lot's of them mounted on our helmets, it would be quite foolish to do anything violent outside of the gameplay rules.

I suggest that those with hot tempers either seek help to deal with it or find another sport. Something less stressfull, like maybe trading card or knitting?

I would never hesitate to make an arrest and press charge if I've withnessed violent act or any criminal act in game. Not that it's a recuring problem, but it still happen occasionnally.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old March 12th, 2014, 12:13   #19
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump..... Other then that it is not needed, cooler heads need to prevail, nothing is worth getting a charge for assault or threat of assault over as it will screw up your life, job, travel plans and much much more.

Like I said in my original post. Nuff said, the details behind this post do not need to be dragged out. The post itself is enough of a warning, which also means every member has received their "first" warning about this type of incident and the second warning results in a ban now.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Old March 12th, 2014, 12:15   #20
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump.....

You made my day a little less terrible.

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
Old March 12th, 2014, 13:43   #21
thebreadbandit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I suggest that those with hot tempers either seek help to deal with it or find another sport. Something less stressfull, like maybe trading card or knitting?

Their faces when they sign up for a knitting club and discover they like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buzz.gif
Views:	2050
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	42832  

Instagram: thebreadbandit
Old March 12th, 2014, 21:02   #22
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

It seems there are more and more violent incidences happening in the sport. I only got out to about five events this past year here in Edmonton, and witnessed two myself.

Both cases involved an argument over if one player was "dead" (the classic "you! you are dead! I SHOT YOU YOU ARE DEAD!!!!" issue). The first involved a player becoming hysterical and emptying a magazine into the object of their rage at arms length. The second was simply a case of a player again, demanding a player remove themselves from play and insisting they had been hit by fire, then (i watched this happen) making a very calculated, purposeful decision to as the last case, empty an entire magazine into their foil as "retribution" of a sort.

In both cases, the players were not expelled from the game nor disciplined in any way. I think it's up to game hosts/field owners at this point to start cracking down on this bs and adopt a no tolerance policy for this kind of stuff.
Old March 13th, 2014, 00:45   #23
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Absolutely zero tolerance! Here, here!
Old March 13th, 2014, 03:44   #24
BogardusFoul

Should I report a threat of violence against me even though I never actually felt threatened, and think that the individual who threatened me is a joke?

Name Tapes
Team Patches
Hats
Custom Embroidery
www.stabface.ca
Old March 13th, 2014, 06:30   #25
RitualSlaughter
a.k.a. Dakota Johnson

sad

it's terrible that things can get so out of hand in a gaming community that ppl need to worry about stuff like this, I agree that a warning first and then banning if it happens again.
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:09   #26
Jimski

if one is stupid enough to need a warning, might as well get rid of him immediately.
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:26   #27
zone 69

I have seen this behavior twice before in my time playing airsoft and it seemed the host did not know how to deal with it or just did not want to deal with it so I took it upon myself to defuse the situation and try to lay it out that it was not appropriate to act in that fashion and not to be threatening violence.

I felt the need to step in as the one being threaten was allot smaller and younger and was in the right to question his actions on braking the rules.
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:06   #28
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

didn't call hit? shoot them again.

Still don't call hit? shoot them in a more sensitive area like arms and legs... shoot him in the ass.

Still don't call hit? move to a different location and shoot them again.

Still don't call it?

Take solace in the fact that you shot the bitch multiple times and he was powerless to stop you from outsmarting, outmaneuvering and outshooting him.

Don't just assume that your gun can shoot 40000 meters, through cross wind and foliage that you can hit something the size of a quarter.

Then again, when it comes to threads like this... I'm just preaching to the choir.
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:53   #29
Corinth

Making a threat against you known to the community is a wise move but if it is felt to be serious enough, do not hesitate to speak to the proper authorities. I couldn't imagine the circumstances that would lead to such a thing but regardless of the facts it comes down to the safety of every player in the sport.

I take it upon myself to instruct my team on the basic principles of how to conduct oneself both on and off the field, to be honest, fair and to take responsibility for their actions. It can be difficult sometimes to stifle tempers once they have flared, however team leaders and game referees must act swiftly to ensure that such disagreements, no matter how petty they seem, are sorted out properly and promptly. If we want airsoft to be recognized as a sport and taken seriously, it's our jobs to present it in a good light by behaving like adults and keeping an attitude of levelheadedness.

To borrow a quote from Henry Blaha, when he was speaking of the conduct of Rugby players on and off the field:
"Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen,"
So too must we keep this in mind.

Honour and Respect... Pew! Pew!
Old March 13th, 2014, 13:14   #30
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
The fact that this thread even has to exist is completely fucking sad. We all know that there's tons of immaturity on here, and at most levels, it's all in good fun. However, we're not fucking twelve year olds. Threats of violence to someone over a fuckin' SPORT?! Grow up.
Evidently, someone needs to stop playing so much Call of Duty, or needs to sell their gear and get a new hobby. We're all adults, this "fgt ill fight u irl" bullshit has no place here. Act your fucking age.

/rant
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements