Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 7th, 2015, 13:41   #16
SuperCriollo

Remember paying 640$ for brand new ICS Galil with 3 mags and sling after taxes

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 14:01   #17
FirestormX

I remember those days of looking at "all those expensive guns". I bought one, thought it was awesome, and then left the scene for a few years.
Came back to check out what was happening, and noticed "this guy's selling for only $300?! Holy shit, that's a hell of a deal, I gotta buy it. Oh wow, this one, too! And this guy! Jesus are these people insane?!"

And now I have a wall of crappy guns because I wasn't around to witness the gradual decrease in prices. (plus I just wanted "one of everything" anyway)
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 14:12   #18
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Prices are at what the buyer/market will bear. If it's priced too high, it won't sell.

It works itself out, why are you worrying about it or even care?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 14:41   #19
Aper
E-30

The big problem in 2015 is that people are fucking cheap as fuck, and wants to buy an upgraded rifle, shipped, with a blowjob, for like 100$.

People in 2015 are having a hard time paying the right prices for airsoft stuff. Especially with all those cheap brands that are selling the price of a used quality one. Sellers are tired of having to put their stuff for sale and selling it half the price they initially asked for; not because it's overpriced, but because everyone seems broke as fuck when it comes to buy stuff.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 14:54   #20
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Did not read through the posts, so I'm sure it's already been stated.

Most prices are posted as "ASKING PRICE" 99% of people are negotiable, so this is where you offer, and you guys work it out from there.

Some are not though, so, always offer, worse they say is no, or they can be douches and ignore you completely
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 14:54   #21
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Selling: great aeg, all work done by wicked awesome gunsmith, shoots like laser gun to 300ft, want $650 CASH ONLY.

Peasants:
"will you take $200 plus a broken panther arms m4?"
"Will you take $400? because i only have $400. Also, my mom wont drive me to calgary, so could you deliver it 75km to me for free?
"I dont have $650 right now, but could you hold onto it for me for 7 months without me putting down a deposit?" 7 months later "yeah i dont have the money, you can just sell it to someone else"
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:01   #22
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

My first JG m4 was like 600 bucks new, plastic body and all. Now you can get them for 200 lol.
That being said, used stuff was once as much as new. These days in reality (due to availibility) stuff should be 20-50% off of retail based on milage and condition, plus 20-50% of the cost of upgrades, again depending on milage.
If I buy a vfc and swap the polycarb piston for a lonex one and list that as an upgrade it is, and price should reflect that, again as an example if the gun was 500 new and the piston 40 the gun should resell for 270-430 depending on condition, example, "bought gun, swapped piston, played 1 game, gun too heavy" should fetch closer to the 430 mark. "Bought gun,; custom paint, played with it for t seasons, wanna try something new" should be on the low end.
as Brian said, don't like the price, don't buy, prices will have to drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:05   #23
EOD Steve

I had a very long post drafted discussing exactly how I arrive at the prices of my guns, rarity of parts, time value of money, etc, but instead I will just leave you with these two lines of wisdom:
  1. The beauty of perceived value is that it's entirely subjective.
  2. The cost of being legit is high. (taken from Karma_'s signature line)

The Steve has spoken.

Last edited by EOD Steve; July 7th, 2015 at 15:10..
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:10   #24
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

We need a rule that the price must be decreased every third bump
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:19   #25
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Selling: great aeg, all work done by wicked awesome gunsmith, shoots like laser gun to 300ft, want $650 CASH ONLY.

Peasants:
"Will you take $400? because i only have $400. Also, my mom wont drive me to calgary, so could you deliver it 75km to me for free?
"I dont have $650 right now, but could you hold onto it for me for 7 months without me putting down a deposit?" 7 months later "yeah i dont have the money, you can just sell it to someone else"
Facebook classifieds are 90000% more cancerous then ASC.

It's quite amusing.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:23   #26
Adamlxlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post

Peasants:
^This.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:32   #27
Strelok

$761 for a bone stock classic Army M24 rifle back in 2008. From A&A surplus no less.

Yeah.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 15:36   #28
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

yeah.. have you looked lately? there's some ridiculous prices being asked every now and then for stuff on the classifieds... lol.. it might as well be 2008.
Old July 7th, 2015, 16:03   #29
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I think a lot of the current issue is folks are selling shit they bought back in the day and or are basing their prices off of those old school prices not accounting for the current retail market, another issue is things like TM, once the holy grail here due to their rare Ness but now they are easily available and there are full metal guns of equal quality. Lastly folks tree airsoft guns like gold when it comes to resale, really it should be more like cars, u drive it (shoot it) value drops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 16:29   #30
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

These threads turn up every so often and all I can say is that the market is determined by supply and demand. Sellers that price their guns too high end up keeping them.

There are also some amazing deals on the Classifieds that no one pics up. There is no way a Real Sword should sit on there for even a few hours at $350 or even an LCT AK for that matter.

Back in the day (Look at my Join Date) we paid Tru ridiculous amounts of money for TM, which I know everyone says is good, but it was plastic shit compared to what we have today. I took about a 5 or 6 year hiatus from airsoft and when I came back I couldn't believe the way things had changed. Back then if you bought anything made by CYMA it was guaranteed to break within 3 shots and it was all plastic sometimes with cement inside to make it heavier. Prices are pretty good these days, so good I have gotten really really picky and only buy guns made not with metal, but actual freakin steel - unthinkable back in the early part of the century.

Anyway, what was I talking about?
Latvian291 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion