Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE g39 Ra tech trigger set issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 14th, 2013, 23:32   #1
mr.ying

WE g39 Ra tech trigger set issue

I bought the whole ra tech trigger set for my We g39, I figured out that the parts need some modification in order to work, does anyone here does these kind of modification that I can hire?

Thanksssss:salute:
mr.ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 00:46   #2
N_Force

Just wonder why you think of modification? Have you installed it and felt not working smooth or something? ratech parts is made out of spec sometimes. Mine AK trigger set did. Unlucky me!!
To find out, compare each side by side you will see what to mod. That's how I did and made it work.

Last edited by N_Force; June 16th, 2013 at 05:35..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:08   #3
mr.ying

yah i put the whole trigger set in 4-5 times already haha then i took it out and compared it with the stock trigger set, pretty much everything isn't the same size. I ask lots of tech, toronto airsoft to ones at pacific mall, either some of them told me they won't do it because a small mistake will cause the whole trigger set to fail or some of them told me it is a 50/50 chance it will work. So i was wondering if someone has experience in doing the job.
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:00   #4
N_Force

I'm not a gun doc. I fix my guns using my sense and feel to make it works. I would say this is fixable. For metal parts, all you need is metal file measurement. Since you've installed and uninstalled 4-5 times. Why not trying another 4-5 times to make it works? As long as slowly doing it step by step, file and check, install and check, and so on.....
but you still haven't told what exactly the problems. Is that the trigger set not smooth or not working? If so, focus on the moving contact points, when cocking the bolt (or open the upper and play around the assembled trigger set) see which are the contact points on those metal parts that needs to be file down. or check for the rubbing area. If you still have questions or not having confidence to do it, pm me since we are in TO area. Good luck.

Last edited by N_Force; June 16th, 2013 at 09:10..
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:20   #5
turok_t

You probably have contacted me, I remember speaking to you about the RAtech upgrade trigger set. Yes, the trigger set is not to spec at all, which is why I recommended the CWI trigger set. The main difference for the RAtech trigger set is that the hammer and disconnector has a hook design, as opposed to the slanted/notch design in the original WE design. You can't just compare the stock and RAtech side to side and try to modify it because 1. you dont have enough material in the first place since its a hook, and 2. any mods is just going to throw off the dynamics of the entire system. If you sand the hooks too much, the disconnector may potentially not catch the hammer after semi, and then you're stuck with a useless hammer and disconnector. This is the reason why I do not recommend you to mod the ratech trigger set.

Here is a comparison between the RAtech and CWI that I posted:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132679

Similarily, the RAtech AK trigger set is not to spec with the stock parts. I did a comparison with side by side pictures and posted in one of my threads here:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=136369

The sear is significantly shorter (you can't mod this because you cant make material) and the selector level is thinner than the stock (you can add material to make it thicker which is what I did which proven to be very successful for me). For me, because it was thinner, sometimes it wouldn't be able to push down the sear because of the vibration/recoil. Ive compared the trigger set to MULTIPLE RAtech AK trigger set and they are all the same, even contacted RAtech myself.

Anyways, to keep a long story short, I don't recommend ratech trigger sets because they have alot of issues (especially the earlier revisions) and these are common problems that many ppl have.

Last edited by turok_t; June 16th, 2013 at 11:34..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 15:16   #6
mr.ying

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
You probably have contacted me, I remember speaking to you about the RAtech upgrade trigger set. Yes, the trigger set is not to spec at all, which is why I recommended the CWI trigger set. The main difference for the RAtech trigger set is that the hammer and disconnector has a hook design, as opposed to the slanted/notch design in the original WE design. You can't just compare the stock and RAtech side to side and try to modify it because 1. you dont have enough material in the first place since its a hook, and 2. any mods is just going to throw off the dynamics of the entire system. If you sand the hooks too much, the disconnector may potentially not catch the hammer after semi, and then you're stuck with a useless hammer and disconnector. This is the reason why I do not recommend you to mod the ratech trigger set.

Here is a comparison between the RAtech and CWI that I posted:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132679

Similarily, the RAtech AK trigger set is not to spec with the stock parts. I did a comparison with side by side pictures and posted in one of my threads here:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=136369

The sear is significantly shorter (you can't mod this because you cant make material) and the selector level is thinner than the stock (you can add material to make it thicker which is what I did which proven to be very successful for me). For me, because it was thinner, sometimes it wouldn't be able to push down the sear because of the vibration/recoil. Ive compared the trigger set to MULTIPLE RAtech AK trigger set and they are all the same, even contacted RAtech myself.

Anyways, to keep a long story short, I don't recommend ratech trigger sets because they have alot of issues (especially the earlier revisions) and these are common problems that many ppl have.
@N_Force Thanks for all the suggestions, Yah i will let you know if i am still stuck on anything!!

@turok_t yah i was the one who spoke to you on the phone a while back, I went the website you told me to, to find the cwi trigger set, when i contact the sales they told me their trigger set only fits we m4. I went on goggle n try to search out other sites that sell the cwi trigger set for the g39 but no luck. I couldn't find any other place that sells the trigger set, so pretty much i am stuck with something that doesn't work and i can't fix it? Because i spent a good $120 on the trigger set so haha i sort of want to figure out a solution.

As you can see here WE G39 Series Trigger Box Disassembly & RA-Tech Install (1 of 2) - YouTube he was able to put in everything without mentioning he modded anything.. lucky guy probably he got the right set?? LOL

Do you know of any place that would sell the cwi trigger set, or is it possible you do a custom order for me?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by mr.ying; June 16th, 2013 at 15:19..
Old June 16th, 2013, 17:14   #7
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ying View Post
@N_Force Thanks for all the suggestions, Yah i will let you know if i am still stuck on anything!!

@turok_t yah i was the one who spoke to you on the phone a while back, I went the website you told me to, to find the cwi trigger set, when i contact the sales they told me their trigger set only fits we m4. I went on goggle n try to search out other sites that sell the cwi trigger set for the g39 but no luck. I couldn't find any other place that sells the trigger set, so pretty much i am stuck with something that doesn't work and i can't fix it? Because i spent a good $120 on the trigger set so haha i sort of want to figure out a solution.

As you can see here WE G39 Series Trigger Box Disassembly & RA-Tech Install (1 of 2) - YouTube he was able to put in everything without mentioning he modded anything.. lucky guy probably he got the right set?? LOL

Do you know of any place that would sell the cwi trigger set, or is it possible you do a custom order for me?

Thanks!!!
If you want, you can take the trigger set to me, and I TRY to mod it. However, if it doesn't work, I cant be responsible for rendering the set nonfunctional. Are you cool with that?

Last edited by turok_t; June 16th, 2013 at 17:18..
Old June 16th, 2013, 18:41   #8
N_Force

Say yes Mr ying, nothing to loss since you are going to order a cwi one. Good luck.

Old June 16th, 2013, 18:42   #9
mr.ying

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
If you want, you can take the trigger set to me, and I TRY to mod it. However, if it doesn't work, I cant be responsible for rendering the set nonfunctional. Are you cool with that?
I won't have a problem with that, but I would need to know how much it would cost for you to do it.
Old June 17th, 2013, 14:11   #10
turok_t

Pm sent
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner