Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hello, questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 18th, 2009, 23:52   #46
coach
aka coachster

it will only fit if it's in a PEQ box or in a full stock. or you could put it in an ugly battery bag strapped to the side of the gun. :/
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 00:06   #47
KND
* AV revoked *

Well, people always recommend G&P, CA, KWA, TM for starter gun. So let me tell you something for beginner.

I always encourage people to ICS M4A1, Most of people concert that ICS can't stand out all brand that mention above because of their split mechbox and no parts are compatible, and split mechbox will be easy to break.

Yeah ! right, It's total wrong. Most of the parts on ICS are mostly v2 even it's not make for but you actually can fit it in there BUT only 3 mains parts itself that it's not V2 mechbox, The actual body itself, mechbox shells and Anti-Reversl latch. So the rest you can fit V2 mechbox parts in there, Again all parts that are not compatible are easy getting from any ICS distributor in Canada or State plus it's not that expensive though.

I bought this gun off classified for 500 $ brand news shipped and dump almost 600 to 700 $ on her already, get 10 mags with ranger plate, 2 more upper mechbox with all systema parts inside, redo some wire work, get another upper body to switch between assault type and sharp shooter and a few tacticool thing on her.

Wait a bit until are 18 then get an ICS from classified.

since shllespants show off his KWA so I show off mine as well.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 00:18   #48
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
I cant thank you guys soo much for all the advice! Thanks alot! And KND I have no idea what your talking about lol i dont know airsoft language yet lol
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:10   #49
L473ncy

Basically he says that ICS is a good brand to look for. Not the new clear ones but if you can get your hands on a black one they're great.

They have a "split mechbox" design which basically means that it's a lot easier to take apart and do spring changes and such. People say it's prone to breakage easier and think that no parts are compatible since it's a different design than the "TM" standard (Tokyo Marui basically sets the standard for aftermarket parts and accessories). Anyways, the only parts that aren't compatible on the ICS according to him are 3 parts, everything else will fit.

Also sorry to use advanced language.... A PEQ is basically a LAM unit (Laser Aiming Module). The US Army I believe it is uses a special naming convention to classify the types of accessories they are. For example PEQ if you break it down will have P, E, and Q. I forget the nomenclature but all I know is that P is personal meaning it takes one soldier to carry it rather than 2-3 people (such as a mortar), or having it mounted on a vehicle).

Anyways in airsoft the use is totally different. They're basically just the shell so that your battery can be protected. They will hold your battery, a large I believe and you should be good to go for the day. Essentially instead of rear wiring the battery to the back of the stock on the gun (since there is no room if you use certain types of stocks) what you're doing is making an alternate place to keep your battery (in your PEQ wired to the front.

If you look at KND's gun right underneath his scope and to the left that's a PEQ. If you look closely you can see two wires, what do you think they are? They're wires for the battery of course.

Really it's your choice on what brand and model of gun to get so either look up some reviews and see which looks good for your price range or camp the classifieds for some deals (sometimes you can go a few pages back to see sales that haven't been bumped up yet, it's not just the first page where all the sales are).
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:09   #50
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Thanks again L473ncy. This is helping me understand alot.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank