Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where can I get a barrett .50 cal replica for airsoft ?

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 6th, 2011, 17:59   #1
Sgt.CWT

Where can I get a barrett .50 cal replica for airsoft ?

Hi, I'm pretty new in airsoft and I'm a big fan of the 50.cal ! I was wondering If any of you knew where I can get my hands on a replica ? I only found two on the net :
-the Snow wolf M99 ( spring powered and AEG version)
- the Socom Gear Barrett M82 ( can't afford the price for this one :P)

but I only found them on U.S. based site, and after reading the newbie post I understand that I need to forget getting one from U.S. or from abroad.

thanks for any info you have,

P.S.
I'm francophone so I' sorry for any mispelling or gramatical errors !
Sgt.CWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:03   #2
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

A sniper rifle is really not the best way to get into the sport. You are going to end up sinking a buttload of money into a rifle that will actually place you at a severe disadvantage compared to other players on the field. Playing as a sniper takes a lot of experience and knowledge WRT fieldcraft, cam and concealment, how to move, and most importantly, how to use a rifle shooting hotter than others safely.

Get an AEG or GBBR and get a few seasons under your belt before you move into the sniping side of the sport.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:32   #3
Sgt.CWT

thanks for the advice, but I should have tell that it will be my third gun, I already own a M16 AEg from ICS( I'm pretty sure thats it, it was my brother's one; he got a knew gun and gave me the old one ) and a S&W 40f CO2 pistol, a friend of mine got a sniper recently and I found it really nice (vsr ? think) and I was checking the sniper I could get and I really like the Barrett ...
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:33   #4
Specs

Read more into the newbie section. You will learn a lot there, it is a wealth of information do not expect the members of this forum to spoon feed you information.

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 18:49   #5
Drake
E-01

Sgt.CWT, d'après ton adresse IP tu sembles être de la région de Montréal (serait bon, en passant, de remplir les infos de ton profile; ça aide les gens qui veulent t'aider). Si tu as 18+ je te conseil fortement de passé Ã* une game (regarde dans les sections Games & Events -> Québec pour une liste et infos) et de faire vérifier ton age. Tout un nouveau monde s'ouvrira Ã* toi après ça.
Old September 6th, 2011, 19:22   #6
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROM View Post
I believe VFC makes a real good one...so locate a Canadian distributor like Milsig.ca or mach1airsoft......
discontinued.

Get age verified.
I think I saw one for sale in the classifieds...

be warned however these ARE NOT CHEAP

2000$ ish
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 21:58   #7
Sgt.CWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs View Post
Read more into the newbie section. You will learn a lot there, it is a wealth of information do not expect the members of this forum to spoon feed you information.
sorry, didn't expect spoon feeding from anybody, just asking some advice because I could'nt find what I'm looking for on my own. If there is something you think is related to my post in the newbie section that I missed or that my post is in wrong section, please let me know I'll do what is nessecary...
Old September 6th, 2011, 23:09   #8
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Forestcity surplus is supposed to be getting one in soon.
The Price won't change.
the socom gear ones go for 1500 in the states now Canadian markup. so expect 2000+ not to mention it is a heavy beast so if you're shipping....
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:20   #9
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Get AV, check the sale ads. Hope you ever find one less then 2k
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:04   #10
coach
aka coachster

Once you get av'd, there is an m82 for sale. Good price too and it's gameable.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:31   #11
Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.CWT View Post
sorry, didn't expect spoon feeding from anybody, just asking some advice because I could'nt find what I'm looking for on my own. If there is something you think is related to my post in the newbie section that I missed or that my post is in wrong section, please let me know I'll do what is nessecary...
Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive but when i re-read my message I think I may have came off a little mean. Just make sure you understand all of the rules. Untill you are age verrified we cant tell you how to get any airsoft guns in Canada. Trust me when I say that all sorts are readily available to the AVd community. Also, we will expect you to do your research on the topic you are asking questions about before you ask the question ie. we wont spoon it for you (use google).

As you can imagine we get a lot of new people here all of the time and most people ask the same sort of questions so at times it can be a bit frusterating. There is the FAQs which answer a lot of common questions but there is also a search bar at the top where you can search all of the forums threads, I really reccomend using this feature as it is extremely useful.

If you have any other questions we will most likely be happy to answer them, you can PM me if you like too!

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:07   #12
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
If you are serious about getting a M82 save up and get the Socom gear, they are expensive but out of all the other M82 replica the socom gear are the most accurate, with a little investment it can be a really nice rifle to play with the only other downside to it is that they are very heavy.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 00:09   #13
Sgt.CWT

Thanks for all your advice it is greatly appreciate ( can you say that ?), I think I'll go with a cheaper version thought I can't afford the Soccom Gear and I don't think that I will ever spend this much for an airsoft gun ( not with my actual incom thats for sure)
Old September 13th, 2011, 00:19   #14
HKGhost

For new players, an AEG is the best choice as they are more affordable and won't put a hole in your pocket. Look at more common guns as they have more upgrade parts available and mags. Get AV'ed and you'll have access to a great selection of guns at a decent price.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:16   #15
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.CWT View Post
Thanks for all your advice it is greatly appreciate ( can you say that ?), I think I'll go with a cheaper version thought I can't afford the Soccom Gear and I don't think that I will ever spend this much for an airsoft gun ( not with my actual incom thats for sure)
That's the thing, there is no cheaper version.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank