:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 13th, 2010, 10:05   #1
aaronvince

kwa m93r ns2 vs. ksc m93r system 7 fullmetal

KWA link. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=4560

KSC link. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-m93r-...-system-7.html

ok so are they the same ?
- is the kwa ns2 full metal as well (or is it like that heavy plastic polymer?)
- are their internals the same? similar ? compatible? (ns2 vs system 7)
- if they are indeed different, which one is better?

anyone?
thanks.
Aaron V.
aaronvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 10:14   #2
aaronvince

video reviews KWA and KSC

KSC - YouTube- m93rII

KWA - YouTube- KWA M93R Raffica (NS2) GBB Airsoft Quality Review Pt. I

Thanks again
aaronvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 21:37   #3
Dragate

I am interested in the answer too, but better is too vague.

There are probably different advantages to each gun, which I would like to hear and rule out which ones ring true to me.
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 22:49   #4
L473ncy

That first video was poor quality. Seriously, not a review at all just some kid showing off his new "l337 a1rs0ft 6un". Not a review at all, and quite poor quality.

Second one was quite well done. I guess it's kind of expected from an "adult" (it sounds like he's 18+), not the greatest review (just needs practice or to follow a more rigorous review process) but tells you what you probably need to know. I like the intro, the middle and end not so much but it didn't detract from the overall review.

Anyways.... From my understanding there are 2 (or possibly 3 companies). KSC Taiwan, "KSC Japan", and KWA.

KSC Taiwan is the "OEM" factory and guns assembled there go straight to market after a QC test, the Japan ones are sent to Japan for a second QC check and supposedly are specially built/made for the Japanese market and KWA is the US version. (I also think that KWA doesn't have trades while the KSC does but I can't guarantee this).

Note also that KWA did "separate" from KSC a while ago and although they use the same GBB system they should be considered different entities, and they will not cross support the other companies products.
Old March 13th, 2010, 23:03   #5
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Anyways.... From my understanding there are 2 (or possibly 3 companies). KSC Taiwan, "KSC Japan", and KWA.

KSC Taiwan is the "OEM" factory and guns assembled there go straight to market after a QC test, the Japan ones are sent to Japan for a second QC check and supposedly are specially built/made for the Japanese market and KWA is the US version. (I also think that KWA doesn't have trades while the KSC does but I can't guarantee this).

Note also that KWA did "separate" from KSC a while ago and although they use the same GBB system they should be considered different entities, and they will not cross support the other companies products.
That summed it up quite nicely, L473ncy. That's my understanding as well. KSC Taiwan also has metal slides/full metal guns. KSC Japan is probably built for a slightly lower muzzle velocity, but is likely better than their Taiwanese counterparts in terms of fit, finish, reliability (due to lower FPS, at least I would think that this would improve reliability), and (this I can tell from pictures) the trades are more realistic in terms of colour (compare a KSC TW USP with a KSC JP USP - notice the whited out vs non-whited out trades? Now compare that to a RS USP). On that note, regarding trades, newer KWA's have fake white trades - chances are that the M93R that the OP is looking for will have those. AFAIK, KSC slides should fit on KWA's - I have yet to confirm this personally, but that might be something nice to know if you want to have more realistic trades (on your slide at least). Lastly, for all practical purposes, NS2 = System7, just from a different company and for a different national market.

Edit: Dang, those youtube reviews are shit.

Last edited by juicy; March 13th, 2010 at 23:06..
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:29   #6
Dragate

Hey guys. So I figured some stuff out.

KWA version has an alluminum slide. But that's about all the metal minus the usuall little bits.

The KSC version has quite a few versions. First off, it has 1st gen and 2nd gen, then it's divided into the custom full metal or non full metal. Then there's the wood type or non wood type. 1st version came out after the 2nd, thus it has many improvements and harder kicks.

I guess most people would be interested in the KSC so:

Here is a 1st version Metal(outer barrel as well): http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-g...93r-metal.html
1st verion ABS (with weights so it's only 100g lighter than the above version): http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-g...bb-pistol.html
Black (system 7, but doesn't say version): http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-g...-system-7.html

So now I'm curious as to which of these is more durable. I looked for many reviews and some of them say that they have a 1st version metal but it doesn't say anything about durability. Some say that if you get the non-metal and upgrade to metal it won't work...

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Btw the metal version is somehow cheaper than the non-metal 1st version...
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 20:55   #7
Full Metal

Just thought id chip in by saying that the kwa version is incredibly nice. I got a chance to hold one and I noticed that the frame and barrel are quite nice they are made out of high quality polymer and the aluminum slide is also very nice. Some one correct me if I am wrong. But non-metal barrel and slide= faster rate of fire
I cant attest to the quality of the ksc version but if the system 7 is the same as the ns2 system then its very good.
Full Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion