Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airoft sniper test

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 29th, 2008, 19:31   #1
Redneck Jimbo

Airoft sniper test

Ok, before I start I just want it to be known that I have no interest in becoming a sniper what so ever. This is for experienced users and those who want to be airsoft snipers.
There should be more of a black and white set of requirements/rules to "becoming" a sniper, something like this:

1- You MUST trust and respect your fellow players, and they must trust you.

2- You should have enough experience being a regular player with regular kit and have played an X amount of games.

3- You should have the ability to judge distance (a plus or minus 10M difference is great!)

4- Thare should be a test administered consisting of range estimation, accuracy, target aqcuisition and an ability to "adjust" for windage.

5- Most importantly: An understanding of what an Airsoft sniper is. Not the Hollywood BS.

The test can be administered at an outdoor field with the game coordinator/field owner and one or more actual TRUSTED "airsoft snipers".
The test can also be given to a person as many times by as many fields as wanted by the owner/game coordinator.

Comments and ideas are welcome so is support from the ASC community.
Keep the flames down, I'm just trying to help. If you disagree explain why.
Redneck Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:36   #2
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I think there is something like that already... or there was.

some sort of BA/Sniper certification for Airsofters... something to do with the insanely hot rates they shoot, minimum engagement distances etc....

Don't know much about it, other than it was there.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:36   #3
Alexei

Your fucked, its a fucking game stop taking this shit so seriously. Also these guns fire plastic bbs how can you even mention the word sniper.BULLSHIT.
Alexei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:38   #4
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
well this threads off to a good start i see..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:40   #5
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_20 View Post
Your fucked, its a fucking game stop taking this shit so seriously. Also these guns fire plastic bbs how can you even mention the word sniper.BULLSHIT.
Heh, so much for being constructive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
I think there is something like that already... or there was.

some sort of BA/Sniper certification for Airsofters... something to do with the insanely hot rates they shoot, minimum engagement distances etc....

Don't know much about it, other than it was there.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...=Sniper+clinic

That was the last one I think, worth checking out.
Not exactly sure when the next one will be, but I hear it is in the works.

Last edited by c3sk; July 29th, 2008 at 19:46..
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:43   #6
Redneck Jimbo

So I'll point one of these toys at your eye and pull the triger, is it still a toy then?
There's a reason why there's a minimum ingagement distance. Do the words Constructive critisism mean anything to you other then "YOUR BULLSHIT!!!!"
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:43   #7
Tex

alex_20 go back under your bridge.

jimbo I think Sha Do ran a Sniper Clinic years ago not sure if it is still going or not.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:43   #8
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Miss your coffee break?

People can be hurt playing Airsoft... I (and I'm HARDLY alone in this) got a wicked face bleeder from a non-sniper shooting a stock [I think] JG... shot me from the second story of the drug lab, essentially while standing on my head...

Things like MEDs are important when shooting a gun that fires 400fps +
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:51   #9
Redneck Jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
Sorry but if i want to be a sniper at a game, i will... I think i've been around long enought... I dont need no certification...
I agree. If you have been around long enough and people trust you shure. but if somone whose been playing for a year or two or isn't trusted theres a number of people who might be pissed and will bitch and moan.
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:53   #10
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Sorry didnt read your post completely... so i erased mine... but your idea (which is not that bad for a new player) already exist in Quebec; Ask Fox_111 he's the one that make the sniper training camp.

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; July 29th, 2008 at 19:56..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:54   #11
Strelok

Quote:
Looks like Jimbo defenately pushed a button with you. What happened. baught a sniper as your first gun and wasnt impressed? Seriously, calm down. again 'its just a fucking game' as you put it. People dress up like army guys. Shoot other guys dressed simularily. Snipers have their purpose.

I like this idea though, There is a sniper forum in canada that requires you to be tested before you can be considored one to them.
________
UGGS

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 10:59..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:57   #12
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

There is a sniper clinic running that teach how to be effective and safe with a sniper rifle. I give that clinic in Québec.

It has nothing to do with elitist way of thinking. It's just to push the realism and fun to a safe limit.

Anyway, with the ever growing amount of cheap, pre-upgraded sniper rifles, we should up the process on those kind of clinics. As a complete noob can now have a ready to use rifle shooting 500fps out the box for less than 200$CAN. In the right field, they might go unchecked thinking that it's safe if they stay in the open, but most likely they won't and they'll get in too close to shoot.

If you don't know how to mesure your minimum engagement zone (60 feets at 500fps using .30g or 80 feets using heavyer bbs), you are bound to causing injuries.

There is a growing tendency of allowing hotter sniper rifles on the fields for trusted players. That's a good ting IMO. But that trust must be earned.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:57   #13
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Miss your coffee break?

People can be hurt playing Airsoft... I (and I'm HARDLY alone in this) got a wicked face bleeder from a non-sniper shooting a stock [I think] JG... shot me from the second story of the drug lab, essentially while standing on my head...

Things like MEDs are important when shooting a gun that fires 400fps +
MED's are no MORE important if the gun shoots 300, 400 or 500. I've seen more bleeders from 400FPS guns not only because there are more OF them but because lots of people seem to think that MED should start with guns that shoot 401. Heck I've gotten bleeders from guns firing 350 from over 40ft distances, should we start policing the upgrades of all guns now because there is a danger to the game? No, so why does the sniper aspect get shite on all the time?

Trigger and barrel control I think is the biggest issue people should talk MUCH MUCH more about than MED. With a 400 FPS gun I'll avoid fleshy area's best I can and always aim low when my targets with in 40 feet. This weekend past I made a mistake and completely exposed my left flank trying to take out a guy on the opposite side of a small berm with my pistol, however the person shooting at me AIMED for the head which was clearly NOT the only target. Now that particular case I really don't care because even through it was a 400 fps gun and only 30 some feet away, rounds deflected off my gear and thus me not being injured. Instances where I have snuck up on people and whispered that they were out I get shot point blank, and then there are other times where people will not stop shooting, no matter how many times you yell you're hit and they are only 40 feet from you! People get too much adrenaline and forget to control themselves, and with their being SO MANY more 400FPS and under guns I find it funny that the BIG target for trigger control, MED practice and otherwise down talking is the sniper rifle crowd.

CDN_Stalker has told me there's a round table committee or something like that that has a 500fps sniper rifle certification here in Ontario; I always thought that only had to do with OP Border Wars, but if its really a must to start getting Snipers "qualified" to use their gun, how long before Support gunners need it? Or "qualification" for upgraded guns? It could either be fun to have such systems set up, but also just become a fiasco of basket cases.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 20:01   #14
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

personally here we dont allow just anyone to step onto the field with a sniper rifle except now most of our guns shoot the same FPS as the sniper rifles. The average FPS for a gun being gamed is now in the 400fps range.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 20:05   #15
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

MED are mesured in order to have an impact energy of less than 1j. MED should be used for guns shooting 350fps with .25g. In that case, a MED of 10 feets is required to have an impact of 1j at 10feets.

Guns shooting bellow 350fps don't require MED since their impact energy is less than 1j.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion