Any One Attending York University?

:

General

Old December 3rd, 2010, 14:38   #16
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Thanks!! yeah they are processing my AV right now actually i went on tuesday to get age verified, gota wait a week or two before it passes through, but yeah thanks anyway hmm ok, as im from hong kong im not too keen on cqb as thats kind of what we usually only play majority of the time but i wont mind a good ol cqb game haha just need to get a hand gun thats all, i dont like play with aegs in cqb so once i get my hand on a gbb ill play more cqb games as for now ill try find some outdoor games
A number of people here run GBBRs indoors and for CQB, myself included, we just adjust the FPS as most of us have NPAS installed. I can completely understand your desire to play an outdoor game, and I think you should give it a shot, just be prepared as it can get rather cold. The main issue against winter games here in Canada are the effects the temperature has on our guns, Gas becomes useless for the most part and electric guns die faster. I've also heard of catastrophic mechbox failures due to parts getting brittle when cold, mainly on cheap guns, but I've heard of it happening to higher end guns too. Do your research and be prepared to spend the time in the cold and you'll be ok
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 04:47   #17
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
A number of people here run GBBRs indoors and for CQB, myself included, we just adjust the FPS as most of us have NPAS installed. I can completely understand your desire to play an outdoor game, and I think you should give it a shot, just be prepared as it can get rather cold. The main issue against winter games here in Canada are the effects the temperature has on our guns, Gas becomes useless for the most part and electric guns die faster. I've also heard of catastrophic mechbox failures due to parts getting brittle when cold, mainly on cheap guns, but I've heard of it happening to higher end guns too. Do your research and be prepared to spend the time in the cold and you'll be ok
hmm never heard of the Gearbox becoming brittle problem, but ok dont think ill be playing in anything under -10 degrees haha but something like -3 to -7 wil be fine for me, just cold enough to have snow XD but yeah would be awesome :P
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 13:38   #18
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
but ok dont think ill be playing in anything under -10 degrees haha but something like -3 to -7 wil be fine for me
HAH! it'll get to that temperature by the end of December. January to March it'll be a consistent -15 degrees at best, and -35 degrees at worst. Is it your first time being in a climate like this?

Gato is completely right about the cold on airsoft, GBB's don't work, Batteries die quicker, range is lower, and AEG's with v2 mechboxes will crack if you're not careful. But you have to experience at least one game in -30 weather, friggin fantastic if you don't freeze to death
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 14:34   #19
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
HAH! it'll get to that temperature by the end of December. January to March it'll be a consistent -15 degrees at best, and -35 degrees at worst. Is it your first time being in a climate like this?

Gato is completely right about the cold on airsoft, GBB's don't work, Batteries die quicker, range is lower, and AEG's with v2 mechboxes will crack if you're not careful. But you have to experience at least one game in -30 weather, friggin fantastic if you don't freeze to death
Haha yeah it is, i was born in vancouver but i grew up in Hong Kong pretty much for the last 18 years LOL, im just back here for University but yeah i wana try play in the snow, haha some inspiration from videos on youtube by Scoutthedoggie and others thanks for the advice anyway
Project Guns
Old December 4th, 2010, 14:46   #20
Kingsix

Does it count if I live near York U?
Old December 4th, 2010, 14:49   #21
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Does it count if I live near York U?
YEAH sure hahaha just want to meet the People around that area

(maybe not jane and finch and no offense to those who live there because you guys have a bad reputation in general)

Project Guns
Old December 4th, 2010, 14:50   #22
Stocko

I go to YorkU but I don't stay on residence. I thought it was prohibited to keep any kind replica firearm in your dorm?
Stocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:02   #23
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocko View Post
I go to YorkU but I don't stay on residence. I thought it was prohibited to keep any kind replica firearm in your dorm?
True, It is considered a level 3 offense according to my Residence Handbook, any sort of weapons including hunting knives or fishing knives or any firearm even movie props, are forbidden inside residence, However i will probably leave my stuff with my aunt in north york, however i dont see why one cannot keep it under their bed or deep in the closet and only take it out to bring to games, even then it will be in a bag away from anyone slung around the back like violin or a musical instrument, an other way is to keep it in my guitar case but before people start flaming me for this, this is just what i would do and it is debatable, since my RAs cant raid my room when they feel like it and the Porter Office is away from the residence buildings because i live in Calumet
Project Guns
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:13   #24
Stocko

Quote:
True, It is considered a level 3 offense according to my Residence Handbook, any sort of weapons including hunting knives or fishing knives or any firearm even movie props, are forbidden inside residence, However i will probably leave my stuff with my aunt in north york, however i dont see why one cannot keep it under their bed or deep in the closet and only take it out to bring to games, even then it will be in a bag away from anyone slung around the back like violin or a musical instrument, an other way is to keep it in my guitar case but before people start flaming me for this, this is just what i would do and it is debatable, since my RAs cant raid my room when they feel like it and the Porter Office is away from the residence buildings because i live in Calumet
Nah no worries, I'm not flaming you, just saying that I remember it being said that you cannot bring any sort of replica firearm into dorms.

But ya Calumet is nice, my friend was there first year. Since you're already in University, I'm guessing you're around 18 years old? Get age verified =P
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:15   #25
phloudernow

Quote:
Since you're already in University, I'm guessing you're around 18 years old? Get age verified =P
Yeah, haha they should be processing it now though, i already went down to frank at velocity arms to get myself AVed, I would have gone down earlier during the school year but i was caught up with settling in with the city and everything should have done it before LOL but yeah only learnt about this huge airsoft community recently
Project Guns
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:26   #26
Stocko

Quote:
Yeah, haha they should be processing it now though, i already went down to frank at velocity arms to get myself AVed, I would have gone down earlier during the school year but i was caught up with settling in with the city and everything should have done it before LOL but yeah only learnt about this huge airsoft community recently
How did you end up finding ASC? =P
Hopefully there will be more games planned after this exam period lol
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:32   #27
phloudernow

Quote:
How did you end up finding ASC? =P
Hopefully there will be more games planned after this exam period lol
I actually found ASC from a guy at york, friend of a friend haha he saw my Airsofting pictures back in HK and asked if i was interested to play here ad obviously i was so he told me to get AVed here haha
Project Guns
Old December 4th, 2010, 15:48   #28
Kingsix

You should come to the local "outdoor field" in Downsview park when the weather gets warmer.
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:19   #29
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
TTAC3 is walking distance from Velocity Arms if I'm remembering the area right, I know you're interested in outdoor but it's worth considering a game or two, just to meet some locals and get introduced to some of the community. Anyway, like I said, welcome to the community, you'll soon learn who you do and don't want to deal with by watching these boards :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:28   #30
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
TTAC3 is walking distance from Velocity Arms if I'm remembering the area right, I know you're interested in outdoor but it's worth considering a game or two, just to meet some locals and get introduced to some of the community. Anyway, like I said, welcome to the community, you'll soon learn who you do and don't want to deal with by watching these boards :P
Hmm, i will deff do that once i come back from Hong Kong, probably do that in janurary or something, ill need to get myself a gbb pistol or so since TTAC3 is really more cqb? or do people still use AEGS?
Project Guns
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General