Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Family Jewels protection?

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 27th, 2010, 06:54   #16
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Getting shot in the inner thigh hurts like a mofo but nut shots not too bad (most of the time) and you pants are both thicker there (double layer for zipper) and tend to bunch up a little there giving a kinda airbag when shot.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:24   #17
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

If this were paintball, I would say wear protection, but since its airsoft, its not a issue. Unless some guy unload an m203 grenade from 2 inches away.
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:14   #18
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissa View Post
from what I have seen, and as has been stated, there is not enough energy to get through pants and still sting much (unless you are indoors) knuckle shots are the worst I have gotten so far.
there are still those times, where by chance, the fabric isn't bunched up and is touching. it feels like the BB has hit skin. rare but it still happens. lol
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:24   #19
Gerkraz

I've been shot in the testes before, from about 8 feet away. It hurt and knocked the wind out of me, but after a few minutes I was fine; no permanent damage or bruising.

I've also been shot in the lip. It swelled up like a tootsie-pop and stayed that way for about 10 days.
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 13:11   #20
grantmac

Getting tagged in the lip is by far the worst place.

Protecting your junk has never been a concern for any of the players I've gamed with, even doing CQB with hot guns it hasn't really come-up as an issue.

Use body position and cover to minimize exposure, if your doing it well 90% of the hits you take will be in the shoulder, head, neck and (maybe this is just me) knee.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:47   #21
Deaf_shooter

Never got shot in jewel so far, but I can tell that my jewel is well protection with boxer and BDU pant. My worst pain was shot in right on my little finger. It was swollen and painful enough to prevent me to go to sleep for 2 night. Then reward me with black nail that can make you lost appetite of your favourite food when you see it.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 17:23   #22
kaiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
I got hit in 1 game, 4x in the nuts. Its not that bad really, it'll sting for a bit but you can easily walk it off. If it bothers you a lot, there is a Pantac groin protector or you can simply use your dump pouch.
lol 4x in the nuts @.@ what were you wearing for reference....

Don't want to try it on myself to see :P
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 17:26   #23
Cheesevillage

The law of averages caught up with me one day and I caught one in the tip. I was running so my pants must have been tight...no blood but there was a bright red bruise and it was irritating to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 17:33   #24
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
lol 4x in the nuts @.@ what were you wearing for reference....

Don't want to try it on myself to see :P
CADPAT, but it was a CQB game. Guys laughed at me for keeping count but you know if you've been hit more then 2x then it becomes hard to not keep track.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion