Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

$200 aeg

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 12th, 2015, 19:35   #1
henrymca

$200 aeg

I'm currently looking for an AEG for around $200. I won"t be doing an competing it will be just for target practice in my backyard. I have looked over a few guns on toronto airsoft and have found quite a few but wanted to hear your opinions and reviews on sub $200 aegs. Been looking at Lancer Tacticals, Cyma (mixed reviews), and G&G CM16 and Raider, would like your opinions
henrymca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 20:02   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Combat Machine is always a solid choice.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 21:30   #3
infernau

Echo 1 Rpk

I have an Echo 1 rpk that I've had less than 2 months, in great shape with mag and battery and bipod, $200 and it's yours. I want to get pts masada gbbr and can't justify both. Let me know what you think.
Old June 12th, 2015, 22:14   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernau View Post
I have an Echo 1 rpk that I've had less than 2 months, in great shape with mag and battery and bipod, $200 and it's yours. I want to get pts masada gbbr and can't justify both. Let me know what you think.
... This isn't facebook classified.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 23:45   #5
Slodin

Lancer I have seen the stress test video..it's quite amazing how much that cheapo held up... G&G is solid..I don't like Cyma..

I mean..if it's just backyard play..lancer might be cheap and good..although I like gas guns for backyard shooting...or basement shooting in my case...
Old June 13th, 2015, 00:55   #6
GR

If you want:

AR-15 platform: as mentioned above, G&G Combat Machines are great starter-mid level guns, Lancer Tactical is also quite nice, but is also cheaper (both money and somewhat quality wise, however, are still very nice beginner rifles).

AK's: CYMA or DBoys are your best bet at that price range. CYMA's are usually a bit more reliable internally wise, while DBoys have better externals, while not so good internals.
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 01:35   #7
Zfurlong

My cyma m14 socom is awesome. I got her and a few extras for 225$ chances are you can get one for about the same
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:31   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

G&G Combat Machines will have the best all around quality, functionality and variants available in that price range. Later on, they are easy to fix, mod and upgrade. Readily available in Canada as well.
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:53   #9
henrymca

No sales related posts out of classifieds

Last edited by BloodSport; June 17th, 2015 at 15:47..
henrymca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 06:47   #10
Ranger11
Extra Salty and vinegar

That's a great way to get banned, trying to market a gun to someone who is not age verified nor are they posting in the classified will get you banned sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymca View Post
Ok
Stay clear of Ares, they tend to have a fairly bad rep for using sup part internals that LOVE to break fairly fast, and poor QC inside, which causes un needed wear and tear on the internals and inevitable premature failure.

G&G has always been good to me in the past when I ran them, and their track record has upheld with many others as well.

Echo1 is okay, personally I am not a huge fan of them just because I'm not, but others are.

Really at this point the thing you will need to consider is that they are all stock guns, they are going to perform and last as good as a stock gun ever will. Expect it to break eventually, that is simply a matter of when and what.

Last edited by BloodSport; June 17th, 2015 at 15:48..
Ranger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 07:39   #11
hollywood...
cranky old man

selling outside the classifieds is a No No

Last edited by BloodSport; June 17th, 2015 at 15:48..
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 08:56   #12
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

I vote G&G
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 15:12   #13
Slodin

if you choose between cm16 and cm16 raider..get raider..you get the rails lol...
Old June 15th, 2015, 12:24   #14
Juke16

If you want something for target practice, just get a Lancer Tactical for $110'ish, it shouldn't break on you.

As for Ares, it seems like they've improved the quality of their parts now from what I hear coming out of Hong Kong. I'd recommend that you get one of their Amoeba guns if you just want something cheap.

G&G is always iffy, you can probably just buy one for cheap second hand since it seems like they're the prime choice of people who play for a couple months and then quit. The only thing to note about them is that they have proprietary dimensions so not all external parts are easily replaceable. Otherwise I rate them the same as Ares stuff.

If you're not set on ARs, you can get a JG or CYMA G36 for pretty cheap. They come with the advantage of a V3 gearbox which is far more durable than V2 gearboxes and are compatible with most aftermarket parts unlike G&G or Ares products.

For a bit more than $200 you could get a CYMA MP5 or AK variant, possibly a King Arms M4 with full metal bodies which are superior to plastic bodies in my opinion.

If you are absolutely certain that you won't play airsoft though, go get an air rifle instead, they're much more accurate.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 12:42   #15
_Whiskey_

G&G is a good option for the price range you have listed.

However if your going to play the sport for any length of time I would recommend the Lower priced compact VFC M4 AEG's such as the Baby M4 or the M4 Stinger

A buddy of mine Had the VFC M4 Stinger and that for the price was a very good little gun
for indoor CQB play, Metal body and externals with a Good soild VFC V2 mechbox. Again I don't know how flexible your budget is but if you can afford it the Stinger or the baby M4 by VFC would be good options in my book (if your playing indoor) Also you could add a stock to the baby when you have the funds to do so.

Best of luck

Last edited by _Whiskey_; June 15th, 2015 at 12:45..
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank