Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

UN Company slow to respond.

:

General

Old May 20th, 2010, 15:51   #1
Troy T. Moore

UN Company slow to respond.

Hello all,

So I have made my 3rd order with UN Company. I placed the order and waited for the shipping quote. I got the final invoice which I paid immediately. A week goes by, no update on shipping my order (I paid for express shipping, so it should have been here by now). I contact them and get no answer. So the next day I contact them with threat of a PayPal dispute and get a response within 12hrs. I am informed that some of the items I had ordered (and paid for) are "out of stock". :banghead: When I ordered and paid for the items they were in stock. I agree to have the items in stock shipped and the rest back ordered as I will still get some of what I wanted in the timeframe I was hoping. Items are shipped the next day and I have them, all is as good as it can be...I guess?

2 days ago I contact them wanting to know if they have an ETA on the outstanding items. I think it would be courteous to at least reply with "we will find out for you and let you know" e-mail. Instead, nothing.

I am trying to be patient... It has been nearly a month since I made the order. I have never opened up a PayPal dispute but I feel this may be a good option for this retailer. I don't want to be malicious, but I don't want to be jerked around either. After all, according to their website the items were in stock at the time I placed and paid for my order.

Your thoughts on my current conundrum and experiences with this retailer appreciated.
Old May 20th, 2010, 16:16   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

The retailer resolution thread is only for ASC retailers.

For online sales not including these retailers, bring them to the general forum.

This thread has been moved.

My own personal experience with UNCompany: their comms are trash and/or take forever... IF they respond. I've stopped dealing with them since because of that.

Their inventory system is also not live. It doesn't update as the actual status changes, and is only adjusted manually, so it's never accurate.

Ultimately, they will eventually ship. Whatever's not in stock will be converted to credit if you decide to ship the in stock stuff first. Otherwise, ask them to refund the full amount if you're not willing to wait for the backorder.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 16:22   #3
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
My own personal experience with UNCompany: their comms are trash and/or take forever... IF they respond. I've stopped dealing with them since because of that.
Agree with above. I am never using them again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 16:52   #4
HeadlessChicken

I made an order with them also and paid over a week ago for items that was listed as in stock. Problem was, the items I ordered from them I was only able to find through them status as in stock so I'm on the same boat as you man. I am gonna wait another week to see if my order status will change and if not, I'll query about what isn't in stock.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 18:27   #5
Troy T. Moore

Quote:
The retailer resolution thread is only for ASC retailers.

For online sales not including these retailers, bring them to the general forum.

This thread has been moved.
ops:

Thank you for the input all of you. I will e-mail again today....
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:50   #6
Volko

I would say go ahead with the dispute, there seem to be enough responses here of bad experiences with them
Volko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:59   #7
StrikeFreedom

I made an order this past weekend and received the package yesterday.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 23:10   #8
andrew321

I just ordered a 250$ order from them...and selected (and they confirmed) to have the order cancelled if any item was out of stock. So 5 days later I send them a "please tell me whats going on" email, and they tell me it's shipped, and they are out of one item.

Now I get to have half an order, and "wait" until they get one in stock.

Anyone know if paypal will back me up if in two weeks i only have half my order??
andrew321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 23:33   #9
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

I've ordered from UNCompany before, twice actually. Both went really well. I received both orders in about 3 days after I placed the order.

Just recently, I bought stuff from Tokyo-Model Company, I was sort of in the same situation as the OP, something was out of stock but they didn't tell me, so I was waiting for a few days wondering what's going on. I sent them emails and they told me the one item was out of stock and they are waiting for new stock to come in. A day or two after, they shipped everything and I received it in a matter of 2-3 days. I was worried at first, but they are a really good retailer.

As for UNCompany, I think they're still a really good retailer. Have you tried to ask for a refund on just that item? It seems retailers in Asia have a habit of not informing their customers that an item is not in stock.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 21:10   #10
turok_t

I had good experiences with UNCompany and placed many orders with them. I was in the same situation as OP and i just called them for a refund and they gave me the money back to my paypal account since one of my items were out of stock.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 16:20   #11
HeadlessChicken

Go figure, I emailed them on Friday to cancel my order, got an email today stating my order was shipped without the 1 item (the item I need) that is on back order. I'm gonna see if they'll refund me for the 1 item but I highly doubt they will...just a store credit.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 23:13   #12
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Go figure, I emailed them on Friday to cancel my order, got an email today stating my order was shipped without the 1 item (the item I need) that is on back order. I'm gonna see if they'll refund me for the 1 item but I highly doubt they will...just a store credit.
Heys its better than tell me to overpay then refused to refund/ give credit, Im going to open a dispute...like tonight.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General