Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Force Recon & MARSOC Thread

:

USA

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:16   #586
Conker

I did. I'm pretty sure Vince did too.

Considering the straps are tightened to their max for me... it sucked trying to put the buckles together, so I scrapped the idea and moved the adapters on the duty belt.

But yeah, it'll work for some.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:08   #587
Squeezee

Interesting. Thanks for the input.

Edit: How stable was it? Did the adapters slide around at all or bend at the spot where they met? Or could you only fit one adapter on?

Last edited by Squeezee; April 18th, 2012 at 11:28..
Squeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 16:25   #588
Heiligen Wherewolf

A little update on my lid

- painted VASI black for now until I can afford a NOROTOS Shroud
- Secured the MS-2000 with extra velcro
- Got a new more sturdy helmet strap system
Heiligen Wherewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 15:56   #589
Squeezee

Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiince.... .......Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiince?

Come back I want to pay you for that MBSS .
Old April 22nd, 2012, 21:57   #590
Conker

Batallion Recon issue lists for 06/07 deployments (Iraq)

Old April 22nd, 2012, 22:47   #591
Squeezee

Half of the kit is missing . Interesting list though, thanks for sharing.

Anyway, I have a question- Once Vince comes on and I am able to buy his MBSS, would it look dumb to have the FSBE shotgun shell pouch on the chest? I'm trying to debate between that, the admin, or 2x frags.

Also, status on those photoshoot pics?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 23:20   #592
Conker

It's not dumb if you have a use for it Don't think about the look, but about functionnality. IMHO it's the key to good and convincing reenactement. Obviously references are important to understand better the SOPs and other common points within units, but more often than not, it's not convincing when someone just copies a picture.

As for the photoshoot... Vince has half of the pics, but his computer died... He still has the originals, don't worry. But don't hold your breath to see the finished product... Caparzo has the other half, but right he's in Swizerland for some time to be with his family & friends.

So I'm left waiting just like you are :P
Old April 22nd, 2012, 23:33   #593
Squeezee

Alright. I only have 6 shells but I was thinking I could put all my writing utensils in there if I lay em down flat and then a nametape or badge on the outside velcro, but I think an admin would be better for that. I could probably fit all 6 shotgun shells in a frag pouch too. The rest of my kit will be pretty functional, 3x M4 doubles on the front for 6 midcaps, MBITR to the far right (I need to get a shell or a functional one, talkabouts don't look very professional). Back will have the padded ACOG pouch and 2x flashbangs to one set and hydro offset to the other. Gonna get a MAP sometime in the future after I get a job, right now I have one of those issued Source carriers in CB.

That's probably why he hasn't been on, that sucks. My computer died last year and that was no fun, lost all my school work and ArmA II custom missions .
Old April 24th, 2012, 13:48   #594
BrunoSardine

Hey everybody,

I've been lurking around this thread for awhile now as I have started to acquire bits and pieces of the MFR impression I've put together.

My goal with the whole thing was too make it look as good as possible within my budget of $1500, and I've already decided to go with as much real kit as humanely possible.

Lately I've been searching around ebay for an FSBE II War Belt, but so far I have only found an SFLCS one. Would this be acceptible? I was thinking that MJK with coyote pouches would look weird, but since I'm stuck in a rut I figured I'd ask. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy a Flyye one or something.

Also, what the Hell is the name of the fanny pack / waist bag? I've searched ebay and google for all the names I've seen of it and can't find anything. I managed to find a Pantac one but I'd much rather get a real one if I can find it.

Can't wait to finish my impression, after seeing everybody's pictures I wish I could make my kit list materialize in front of me
BrunoSardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 16:07   #595
Squeezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoSardine View Post
Hey everybody,

I've been lurking around this thread for awhile now as I have started to acquire bits and pieces of the MFR impression I've put together.

My goal with the whole thing was too make it look as good as possible within my budget of $1500, and I've already decided to go with as much real kit as humanely possible.

Lately I've been searching around ebay for an FSBE II War Belt, but so far I have only found an SFLCS one. Would this be acceptible? I was thinking that MJK with coyote pouches would look weird, but since I'm stuck in a rut I figured I'd ask. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy a Flyye one or something.

Also, what the Hell is the name of the fanny pack / waist bag? I've searched ebay and google for all the names I've seen of it and can't find anything. I managed to find a Pantac one but I'd much rather get a real one if I can find it.

Can't wait to finish my impression, after seeing everybody's pictures I wish I could make my kit list materialize in front of me
This will be fine for the fanny pack- http://www.csmgear.com/cgi-bin/imcar...status=&title=
Old April 24th, 2012, 16:34   #596
Conker

The SFLCS war belt being relatively cheap, it can do as a temporary replacement, but it's not accurate.

The correct name of the bag is the Eagle E&R bag, but these usually sell around 150$. The CSM one can do it.

PM me what you're missing (pouches and whatnot), I still have some I'm not using.
Old April 24th, 2012, 17:50   #597
BrunoSardine

PM sent. Thanks for helping me locate that fanny pack, couldn't find it for the life of me :P

And I'll have to keep my eyes open for an FSBE II War Belt. Like I said, if anything I'll just buy the Flyye replica.

Also, what's better, running the MBITR pouch on the far right of the vest (MBSS in my case), or having it on the back next to my MAP? I figured I'd run it on the back of my vest to free up room on the front for purely M4 magazines, but I'm not sure what would be better.
Old April 24th, 2012, 17:59   #598
BrunoSardine

Yeah, on my last rig I ran the radio on the back and whenever we had to channels I just had a buddy help me out.

I just wasn't sure if a set-up with straight M4 mag pouches and nothing else up front would look weird. Granted I feed from my belt first, the ammo on my vest is what I source from after the mags on the belt are gone. But I don't own any Thunder B's or anything similar so I don't know if I need to get certain pouches anyway just to complete the impression.
Old April 24th, 2012, 19:59   #599
Conker

if you want the MBITR on the back, I'd go with two single M4 and a shingle with .45 FBs on top of it. And an admin.

That's at least how I would personally do it.
Old April 24th, 2012, 20:18   #600
BrunoSardine

I figure I'd post my fleshed out kitlist to see if you guys spot any errors or anything you want to input on

(* denotes replica items)

-Head-

MICH 2000*
Norotos 3 hole
Norotos Rhino (No way in Hell I'm buying any other arm, I already have a Rhino so I'm sticking with it)
Surefire HL-1-A
PVS-14's*
Ops-Core straps
Skydex pads
Sordins*

-First Line-

Flyye War Belt with suspenders*
CSM Dump Pouch
Allied FSBE II Leg Panel w/ 2 FSBE magazine pouches and 2 FSBE frag pouches
Leatherman Wave
CSM Fanny Pack
FSBE II M249 pouch

-Second Line-

Flyye MBSS*
PACA*
4 FSBE II magazine pouches
Some sort of admin panel
EI MAP (I have to go with a civvie one because I can't find an FSBE II one anywhere :/)
FSBE II MBITR pouch

The gun is going to be a Mark 18 mod 1, I know it's the farthest thing from an MFR gun, but it's another piece of the kit that I'm using as a personal choice, I'm infatuated with mod 1's so I wanted to build one

Last edited by BrunoSardine; April 30th, 2012 at 16:05..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA