Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A&K SVD AEG upgrades

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 27th, 2019, 14:04   #1
JasonT88

A&K SVD AEG upgrades

Hello there. i am new to airsoft and of course i buy the longest gun i could find. (as i realize now its not the greatest selection for a newbie, but i got it now so meh.) i have the A&K SVD AEG version and i would like some help in finding some upgrades to it. the only thing that isnt a stock part is the new bucking and nub i put in. has anyone got any suggestions on what i could get (and where to get them) to upgrade this to DMR performance? I would also (but not necessary) to the gearbox as quiet as possible. Any help will be appreciated, and thank you in advance.
JasonT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 16:09   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

This is not the best SVD on the market unfortunately. It all depends on what you mean by "DMR performance"... it is a clone of the Classic Army SVD, albeit made of lower quality material. The Classic Army is okayish at best, so you got the lower quality version of that. From memory, you can use an elongated cylinder like the SR25/M14, I think the piston is the longer version like in the SR25, the piston head is standard, and you are probably stuck with the stock gears. Everything else in the gearbox is non-standard. You will need to remove all the wobble you can from all the different parts to increase accuracy. Shim every part and make sure there's no wobble left before you pour any money in the gearbox.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications