Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need help with 'detailed' info concerning LCT AK's

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:31   #1
GODSPEED|seven

Question Need help with 'detailed' info concerning LCT AK's

For a little while I've been wanting to get a new AEG.. I've long ago noticed LCT seem to have nice original AK variants; but, unfortunately, due to my own ignorance (and the "out of stock" and very little amount of LCT's variants most stores seem to have).. I kind of brushed them off, and figured they we're either dead, or so bad no one ever bought those anymore.

Seeing most of my team seem to be fielding M4/M16 (and American-style weaponry), I've given a look into AK's. I've ALWAYS had a fondness for the all black, no-rail AK74 and the newer short variants, 104, 105, etc..

I came across this beauty:
http://albertaairsoft.com/airsoft-gu...mn-nv-aeg.html

Anyways, I've tried looking it up on youtube, and googled it.. and I've come up with zip-nothing in terms of hard detailed specs.

This is the MOST I've come up with:
http://www.foxairsoft.com/airsoft-gu...c-airsoft-gun/
..which includes your typical sellers overview.

From this seller's perspective, the guns internals seem solid.. but from their perspective, they all sound "solid". I notice they mark down the gun at 390 FPS while WGC Shop says 290-300..?? kind of a major difference there!

I've did a little more research, and understand they are a top-end brand when it comes to external build; noticed lots of LCT parts and AEG's on WGC. Parts seem plentiful, and I especially like their front-end kits option.

Thing is I can't seem to find detailed info on the internals, what type of battery would be recommended, if it's wired Tamiya/Deans, etc.. I don't want a phaser-gun, so I'd rather stick close to the real AK74's RoF.. but I also want to keep a nice crisp trigger response. Would it be safe to run a 7.4 LiPo instead of an AK stick-type? Are these typical V3 Gearboxes like any other AK use? or does LCT use proprietary parts?

I'm sorry if the answer is right under my nose, I've looked around, read a few articles here about LCT's, but nothing concrete seems to come up.

My thanks in advance!
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:52   #2
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
as far as i know its a standard v3 gearbox and also canadian retailers will obviously have higher FPS than a HK retailer like WGC due to the importation laws... which I assume that you'd know but if you didnt guns need to shoot at a certain FPS before they can be imported by the retailers.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:30   #3
Off_kilter

They're an all steel beast approaching VFC in terms of overall quality and exceeding them in some areas.

Awesome AEG for the price you definitely wont be disappointed. This will blow the socks off any dboys or cyma out there(externals wise)

I got mine from capitol and its shooting just under 400 with .2s. ROF is decent didn't test what it was exactly.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:57   #4
Amos

This is the main battle rifle of Manitoba Ivan.

EXTREMELY solid gun for a shockingly low price.

As a tech, and user I would say I would pick this gun 100% of the time given the choice between a VFC and LCT.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:22   #5
Troy T. Moore

I got one of these for myself last year. VERY well made. Not as "real" as my Real Sword AEGs, but very close. You will not be disappointed.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:39   #6
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I can vouch for the quality of the LCT externals, "solid" (as in strong with a nice feel) and they look good too. As Troy mentioned, not quite Real Sword nice but damn close.

Gearbox is standard V3, nothing proprietary that I'm aware of. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the internals. From what I've read on them they're on par with CYMA. Like with any new gun I would plan on a re-lube/shim and check of the air seal for best performance.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:59   #7
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
From what I've read on them they're on par with CYMA.
Has CYMA actually improved their internals?

LCT internals are fantastic out of the box. Perfect air seal on my RPK and several others I've used.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:18   #8
Nicolov
COBHC666

Our team runs 5 of these. This is our standard rifle.

Only one has been taken down but from our tech's review it was pretty solid, decently clean inside. Good for a stock AEG, better than CYMA for sure. Obviously upgraded parts will be better, but the motor, shimming, air seal are all good to go. 150ft accurate range out of the box. Only issue we have as a team is the stock hopup tends to lose it's spot after a while, so you will have to reset. We all run ours with 7.4v 25c 1300mAh's, shoots like a dream with decently realistic ROF. Stock trigger response is good, for a stock AEG. It is wired to Tamiya.

I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the LCT. 3 of ours shot 390-400, one shot 410, and one shot 370 out of the box.
Nicolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:40   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I run their akm nice wood nice metal great fit n finnish. Shoots good round 400 fps round 16-18rps on a 9.6 mine is a full stock so i can run just about any battery i run a 9.6 nunchuck folding stock will run a 9.6 stick in the top cover. Its wired to mini tamiya but easy to swap to deans so far internals look great had it all tore down just didnt crack the gearbox yet (dont fix it if it aint broke) the stock barel is a 6.02 (i think) and after swapping tk a tightbore i just put the stock barrel back that worked beter with my bridge style hop up nub.
Id say grab one you wont be dissapointed.
As far as i know lct and vfc are clones of eachother just cant recall who copy who lol both are nice.
Cobhc666
Try putting a small oring under the silver washer on the hop up thatll keep it inplace
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:43..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:57   #10
Loops

I have both an Aims and a RPK LCT. I have been running my RPK on 11.1 lipo's with a AK style drum mag for the last year and have had no internal problems. Any Lipo AK stick type battery will easily fit in their AK line.
The only issue that all LCT AK's share is that their outer barrels are held in place by two tiny grub screws that tend to loosen. You will notice that all of a sudden your dust cover wont stay in place and then magazines wont feed proper.
I was just in Airsoftgear.ca this week and although they don't have their LCT's on their website they have a whole wall of them and they are all on sale I think for $300.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:07   #11
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

As a Real Sword user... I thought I had the nicest Ak around, then I held an LCT AK at TAC'13. Get it man, you won't regret purchasing one.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:24   #12
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
As a Real Sword user... I thought I had the nicest Ak around, then I held an LCT AK at TAC'13. Get it man, you won't regret purchasing one.
Did I sell you one at the show?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 13:11   #13
SF_Chewy

Myself and a few of my friends (3 others) all got LCT AK's. Together we have 4 different variants (AK74MN, RPKS74, AK74, and the AK G-03 variant). I can say without a doubt some of the best AK's I've ever held and used.

Externally on each of our AK's is almost perfect. Beautiful wood finishes and even the ABS on the 74MN is solid. There are no creaks on any of our guns. The only exception is the rear sight, which can be easily lost if it gets twisted in a certain way. Stick with the NV versions (stands for New Version) which breaks down similarly to real actual AK's. Very decent weight as well.

Internally everything is also solid, out of the box each of our AK's shot 370 ~ 410 (depending on the inner barrel lengths are what makes the difference) and I would say say our variances range are in a small 5+/- FPS range. Hopup and rubber are acceptable, and probably don't need to change out of the box. The stock inner barrel is fine, no need to change.

Here are the small things we had issues with:
- As stated before, you need to secure your rear sight, otherwise you'll lose it forever. And they're not cheap, around $40 a piece
- Hop up adjuster arm needs to be stabilized somehow to keep it in place. It's too loose, a shim or tape (temporarily) will hold it in place well
- Motor is a tad slow, but still a decent ROF, I would say stock on a 7.4 LiPo I get 12-14 RPS (or 720 to 840 RPM). It's not bad though and still decent enough to keep up.
- You absolutely need the magwell spacer. Essentially its a piece that fits into the magwell which covers the gearbox. Not sure why LCT wouldn't include this piece, but it drastically improves your loading capability (your mags won't get caught on the wrong notch in the receiver) http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...er&catid=&cat=
- We had small issues with CYMA mags fitting in some of the AK's, which were solved by sanding some of the notches down.
- Stock connector is mini Tamiya that needs to be changed to something (we're running deans on all of ours)

That's about it. I highly recommend these AK's, for the price I see them going for there's no real reason to buy any other brands

Last edited by SF_Chewy; April 3rd, 2013 at 13:13..
SF_Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 13:50   #14
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

LCT's are beautiful, chicom AK wanabe crap going on, it's an AK plain and simple.

While I loved my old VFC AKS74U DX, sadly, I sold it when money was tight, unless I could get one of the DX or DX II BNIB, I would, and do plan, to pick up an LCT>

Get an LCT and you will not regret it.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 14:13   #15
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Airsoftparts.ca also has the magwell spacer.
Ill ad to the mag fitment issue. One metal mag i have (unknown brand) and the gandp waffle mags i had also didnt fit correctly the front block needed a mm or so shaved off of each side or they are just too tight. Took 5 minuts sith a file to do 4 mags now they fit perfect.
Save yorself hassels and just buy lct mags they are nice!
Also if you plan on changing hop up rubbers and inner barrels do it befor puttin the magwell spacer in its a pain to remove without removing the gearbox and makes it imposible to remove the inner and hop up assembly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion