Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ashamed.

:

General

Old February 2nd, 2013, 23:05   #31
amano999

I have had this experience at a store in pacific mall. I went by one on a friday and there were 2 players in camo with rifle cases working on their guns in the middle of the store.

Second I walked in they sized me up when all i wanted to know was if they had a lower mesh mask in stock. Never seen those guys actually at a game tho, but they seem to linger around the store all the time and need to bring AEG's to have work done.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:27   #32
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I can't speak for other provinces, but here in mb what I've noticed is people who favor playing indoors only typically have more attitude than those who play outdoors.
Its easy to be good at xt, since its a maze, not cqb, so they build up their ego with that. And because there is a large supply of "noobs" at xt, the regulars sometimes think they are king shit.
But now and then one of those guys comes to an outdoor game, or we go to an indoor game and we put them in their place. We show them they're not nearly as good as they think they are.
One of the biggest reasons why outdoor players are friendlier is because we get around more, meet more people, interact more. And when we go to national games, either we realize how much we suck and want to improve, or realize how good we are and be humble about it.
The sportsmanship in the prairies is fantastic, I don't think I've ever heard anyone brag about who's won or lost at games
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 13:39   #33
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
The sportsmanship in the prairies is fantastic, I don't think I've ever heard anyone brag about who's won or lost at games
I don't know about that. I've heard stories, in passing mind you (so not totally bragging) about how "we rolled bravo team so hard they got disheartened and left".
Old February 3rd, 2013, 15:04   #34
ThunderCactus

Well....we're not all perfect lol
The point is most of us don't act like hot shit and go rub it in other people's faces
And most indoor players are pretty good too, it's just more common to come across assholes there.
You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard "I'm amazing at counterstrike, I'm gonna DESTROY you guys" LOL
Old February 3rd, 2013, 15:30   #35
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I don't know about that. I've heard stories, in passing mind you (so not totally bragging) about how "we rolled bravo team so hard they got disheartened and left".
Talking about a win. And smack talking the losers isn't really the same thing.

Last edited by PrIeSt; February 3rd, 2013 at 17:39..
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 17:11   #36
Danke

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm snack talking.

What kind of snacks make you feel ashamed?

It's a confession thread now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrIeSt View Post
Talking about a win. And snack talking the losers isn't really the same thing.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 17:39   #37
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Trolls do pop up fast on the forums. Lol
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 18:05   #38
ThunderCactus

Well you feed them after midnight and this is what happens
Old February 3rd, 2013, 18:11   #39
scubasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
assholes will be assholes, whether they be paintball assholes, airsoft assholes, hockey assholes, football assholes... or just assholes.

The great thing is that society can spot an asshole quite easily, and for the most part can ignore them, regardless of what activity they pretend to be good at.
Took the words right outta my mouth.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 18:19   #40
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberg33k View Post
That's the best word to describe what I saw yesterday. First off hello to everyone. I'm new to the world of Airsoft (The game) as well as new to this forum. I've been reading as much as I can to get a feel for the community as a whole. So far I'm pleased with my experience.

Last night however, not so much. I went to a local Airsoft store to purchase a couple of weapons. The clerk was amazing and nothing here bad about the store itself. What did shock me however was some of the clientele. As I walked in I was immediately 'sized up' by some ass-wipe standing tall brandishing a rather large hand canon (maybe making up for an inadequacy?), I ignored him and began talking to the clerk. After a few minutes in walks a band of brothers wearing full tactical gear, now when I say full I mean FULL. Minus actual weapons of course but still. They seemed to know hand canon guy go figure.

If that wasn't enough, they were loud and obnoxious to boot. It was clear from the paint stains on the one kids vest that they're from the paintball world but none-the-less they were there to purchase more patches showcasing their membership into their own clan I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because they simply wore their gear, but these dudes were down right rude to the clerk, rude to me (skipped the line) and I witnessed them making fun of a gentleman who was there with his girlfriend looking at a rifle, making fun racially.

I watched these buffoons and thought to myself; "Isn't this the exact sort of thing that brings a negative stigma to the hobby"? Anyone witnessing these morons would be turned off instantly. I know I was. Now I'm not totally ignorant to this and I do realize that more than likely this is an isolated incident, but I shutter to think that now that I've entered this world, I too may be painted as one of them instantly because isolated or not, it only takes one bad apple, or one bad experience to destroy a reputation. First impressions and all that jazz.

Lastly, I also want to point out that I overheard these guys talking about this forum, hence this post. Someone please chime in on the wearing of the kit outside of the game, is this common practice? Have you witnessed this behavior before? By the way they were young guys and I'm sure that factored in, if you're a young member don't take offense as I'm sure most of you are not like that. In the end I bought two new AEG's and left happy. I just wanted to post this in the hopes those guys would read it and maybe change their ways. Yeah I know, wishful thinking huh? lol Thanks for letting me rant guys. :salute:
I was actually one of the clerks that he was rude to. Given that I represent the store when interacting with customers, I maintained my composure and didn't say a word. Let by gones be by gones. You will meet jack asses like this in your entire life, its how you respond to them that makes you a different person.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 18:35   #41
HGI

I was expecting to hear you say someone stepped up and ask them to leave the store by the end of the story

If I was the store owner or a worker there I would have quickly put myself in charge and asked them to correct their behavior or leave.
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 18:42   #42
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I was actually one of the clerks that he was rude to. Given that I represent the store when interacting with customers, I maintained my composure and didn't say a word. Let by gones be by gones. You will meet jack asses like this in your entire life, its how you respond to them that makes you a different person.
Are you Viet?

Last edited by Uberg33k; February 3rd, 2013 at 19:12..
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 19:13   #43
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Which store was this? this is very interesting luckily for me I've never met any douchebags that size people up and are super rude and whatnot. I guess I haven't spent much time in stores in Ontario since I tend to buy most of my stuff online or from the forum.

I grew up in Hong Kong and started airsofting there when i was young. I would hang out at UNcompany every weekend hence I'm pretty tight with the clerks and the owner. Maybe its the chinese culture but customers are usually very polite. Same with the situation in Vancouver at Airsoft gear. one of the main dealers in the vancouver area. I'm on friendly terms with the people there and all the visiting airsofters are really awesome and friendly.

it just makes me sad to hear about some punks who give airsofters a bad name. I don't want to bring out stereotypes but were they making fun of an asian couple? as bad as it sounds asians are still discriminated even though its way way better than before. I've still met pretty racist people in shopping malls and whatnot.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 20:30   #44
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Which store was this?
TA
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 21:17   #45
Uberg33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Which store was this? this is very interesting luckily for me I've never met any douchebags that size people up and are super rude and whatnot. I guess I haven't spent much time in stores in Ontario since I tend to buy most of my stuff online or from the forum.

I grew up in Hong Kong and started airsofting there when i was young. I would hang out at UNcompany every weekend hence I'm pretty tight with the clerks and the owner. Maybe its the chinese culture but customers are usually very polite. Same with the situation in Vancouver at Airsoft gear. one of the main dealers in the vancouver area. I'm on friendly terms with the people there and all the visiting airsofters are really awesome and friendly.

it just makes me sad to hear about some punks who give airsofters a bad name. I don't want to bring out stereotypes but were they making fun of an asian couple? as bad as it sounds asians are still discriminated even though its way way better than before. I've still met pretty racist people in shopping malls and whatnot.
They were. I noticed it, very pleasant Asian gentleman and his wife/gf and behind his back they were snickering and one made a particular jester that was racist. Like I said before, I realize they're not the norm. But considering the fact that I had never been there before it wasn't a great first impression, again, nothing to do with the establishment. As a matter of fact I'm asking if turok_t is Viet because I would then know who he is and I would point out that he was great, good service, very helpful and polite. If it wasn't for him and the Asian couple I would have thought it was always like that and probably have never returned. But excellent service and the mature Asian couple made me feel welcome.

Truth be told though I won't go there again on a Friday night, I have a feeling it's worse on Friday's and Saturday's no?

Last edited by Uberg33k; February 3rd, 2013 at 21:19..
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General