Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

POLL: MG36 as acceptable lmg yay or nay?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

View Poll Results: MG36 as an acceptable lmg in airsoft games?
yes 124 73.37%
no 37 21.89%
undecided 8 4.73%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2012, 20:41   #46
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
lurkingknight I don't know why you're being so hostile, perhaps someone crapped in your corn flakes but it's not necessary. Obviously we have differing opinions is it necessary to get into a pissing match about it?

If you're not into mil sims that's fine and I never said anything about imposing my thoughts on skirmishers, rather I said the opposite run whatever the hell you want as it's just for fun. Mindless mayhem gets boring after a while so people often try different things but with that said if mil sims aren't your cup of tea that's fine. These types of games do have requirements/restrictions, camo, gear (rigs/camping) and yes gun & ammo limits. Don't like it don't go to that game simple enough.

If you want to bring up your P90 situation fine, if I was playing a game with no limitations and saw you running with your boys armed with a diverse range of weapons it wouldn't bother me one bit. On the flip side, I think it'd be wrong to use a P90 at say a WW2 game or show up in modern camo as that's takes away from the host's desired theme.

Anyway I'm done with arguing with you, if you'd like to flame on I'd gladly entertain you through PMs. We're all adults here so let's act like it.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 22:14   #47
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

dude, I'm just discussing, I'm not being hostile. If you're taking offense or feeling put off about it, I apologize, but it's not my intent. I just have a tendency to lay it on.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 22:38   #48
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nuts31 View Post
another option is the Colt Automatic rifle which is used by the Danish army:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Automatic_Rifle
I would say you could have it but you had better be wearing M-84 pattern and the gun better look like that.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 22:41   #49
COL.TIKER

The poll speaks for itself.
Old November 7th, 2012, 23:24   #50
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Most rule makers agree that only real world LMG's are allowed to be LMGs
The LMG36 was never actually adopted or used by the Bundeswehr, and was only made as a possibility for a cost effective squad support weapon.
case and point, it's not a real world LMG
And light support weapons like the RPK and M1918BAR typically use magazines and not drums/Cmags
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:03   #51
COL.TIKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Most rule makers agree that only real world LMG's are allowed to be LMGs
The LMG36 was never actually adopted or used by the Bundeswehr, and was only made as a possibility for a cost effective squad support weapon.
case and point, it's not a real world LMG
And light support weapons like the RPK and M1918BAR typically use magazines and not drums/Cmags
I don't really mind using either mags or drums. The thing I'm wondering about is that milsim games normally let support gunners carry more ammo. Like for example, 300 rounds for riflemen, 600 for support gunners. So if I show up with a 650mm barrelled AK with a bipod, do I get to carry 600 rounds? Or is it still just an AK and i'm still considered as a rifleman?
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:15   #52
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by COL.TIKER View Post
The poll speaks for itself.
Yes just like how many COD player are there....
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:19   #53
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by COL.TIKER View Post
So if I show up with a 650mm barrelled AK with a bipod, do I get to carry 600 rounds? Or is it still just an AK and i'm still considered as a rifleman?
Ask the guy putting on the game. But I'm supposing this is just a hypothetical question so you won't have anyone to ask.

I would hope that if it was an experienced host they would pay attention to the way the teams were stacking up.

If your team had a SAW with every other player he'd call you a rifleman.

If you were facing a group with a dozen support weapons with none on your side then the organizer would want to grant you LMG status.

There is no hard and fast rule on this; I have played games though with stacked rules and a not very aware host as I'm sure many other players have too. Throw in teams that are built on the day of the game you can be in for a tough grind.
Old November 8th, 2012, 19:58   #54
ThunderCactus

if it were me, I've always been a fan of;
If it doesn't use belts, use mags
if it uses belts, use a box mag

Because if it's belt fed, it typically has a quick change barrel, and is usually a purpose built LMG. Not just a rifle with a heavy barrel shooting from an open bolt
Old November 10th, 2012, 22:20   #55
danhay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
Seeing as an MG4 would be exceedingly difficult to make (German version of M249), the MG36 is really the only option for a German SAW even if the BW don't use it. I run one and it's big, heavy and awkward.
The Bundeswehr did use the G36 with a C-Mag during ISAF deployments in 2003-2005.
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 22:41   #56
scubasteve

A G36 with a Cmag isnt a LMG though.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 00:06   #57
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhay View Post
The Bundeswehr did use the G36 with a C-Mag during ISAF deployments in 2003-2005.
Picture or it didn't happen. Never seen it.
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:16   #58
ratnest

armies are looking to supplement lmgs with lighter weapons, even the 417 has an option of a drum mag. with all the irregulars and pmcs in the world, its not at all unlikely that someone right now is using an m4 with a bipod and a cmag as a lmg right now. i own an m249, lugging it around all day can be a bitch, but i'm not going to complain about someone using a rifle with a drum for the same role. especially considering that even midcaps have 3-4 times more ammo than the average actual rifle and can duel almost any lmg already. and prototype/discontinued and extremely rare rifles are a main stay in airsoft. not a single army in the world uses a wa 2000 but no one would tell an air soft player he couldn't use it. the line between lmg and ar is kinda blury, since both are weapons meant to be carried by one man, using a intermediate cartridge and capable of firing in full auto.lmgs tend to be heavy and belt fed, but just because that was the design philosophy that caught on.

considering the efficiency of a high cap rifle, lmgs sort of look like the equivalent a barret in airsoft, awesome to look at, fun to use. but ultimately outdone by lighter weight weapons. that being said, id be more likely to take my m249 to a game than my m4 and cmag because the saw looks and feels better.
ratnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 18:51   #59
ThunderCactus

M249s ARE heavy, that's why they made the MK46 lol

Also, I've seen a picture of a german soldier, before being kicked out of afghanistan, using a G36 with a Cmag. That doesn't mean they had LMG36s, it just means they had G36's with Cmags.
Old July 10th, 2014, 21:08   #60
docholiday
docholidayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Picture or it didn't happen. Never seen it.

"KSK in Kandahar, Afghanistan (Der Spiegel, 13.05.2002)"

Last edited by docholiday; July 10th, 2014 at 21:41..
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion