Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G HK416 (Toptech TR4-18)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 27th, 2014, 19:04   #1
Skiddy

G&G HK416 (Toptech TR4-18)

Thinking about purchasing this gun what are the Pros and Cons?
Skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 22:03   #2
Caelan

I did a mini review on this gun look it up.
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 22:35   #3
targetGspot

Don't know about the HK416 in particular but I've done well by G&G. Their base guns are excellent quality and the TopTech takes it up a notch. I've got a M14ebr and it's a beautiful piece of work.
Old May 29th, 2014, 00:09   #4
Verex

Pro's; Great gun, shoots really nice out of the box. Cons; front heavy.
Verex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 15:06   #5
Knoxville450

Two of my friends have that gun and they love them. Just my opinion avoid buyairsoft as two guns I have recieved from them were rusty and I had an mp5 that jammed up right away, thought id throw that in because they sell a lot of g&g stuff.
Knoxville450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 02:32   #6
fatalpound

G&g tr4-18 (hk 416)

I owned the G&G TopTech TR4-18 in tan for nearly 6 months and to this day regret having sold it to a friend who now owns everyone on the field with it. G&G TopTech line up of AEGs come with exceptionally well built gearboxes. These gearboxes are shimmed well, greased well, have re-inforced gearbox shells, and have 8mm ball bearings for smooth operation. Their pneumatic blow back system adds a very nice metal clank to each shot without compromising reliability because it basically operates via compression created by the piston instead of relying on the piston to be driven directly. The hop-up is incredibly reactive and by far the best I have yet to see. The hop-up, once set, will not require any further adjustments. This AEG comes with a 6.04 stainless steel tightbore barrel; therefore, accuracy and range is superb!! According to my testing, I've taken 8/10 headshots at a 150ft range with 0.20g bbs and have taken 5/10 headshots and 8/10 bodyshots at a 180ft range with 0.20g bbs. At 200ft, I've taken 0/10 headshots and 3/10 bodyshots. These tests were done indoors. This AEG is the only one that I never considered upgrading because it performed just that damn beautifully! I mainly use GBBRs now, but being an ex G&P and G&G user, if I had to ever purchase an AEG again, it would be one of G&G's TopTech AEGs. External build is exquisite. The stock has about 1mm of rattle, but a tape mod can fix that easily. The AEG itself has no wobble. There is a ton of rail space to mount anything you like. I love their spring de-compress feature. If you hit forward assist, it will de-compress the spring in the gearbox, which helps to extend the life of your gearbox innards. It takes a 9.6v NiMh battery, but you could use a 7.4 Li-Po as well. Out of the box, it shoots at ~410-415 FPS with a 13-14RPS ROF on a 9.6v NiMh battery. This AEG is front heavy. The RAS unit is beautifully machined but adds weight to the front of the gun. I would suggest getting a vertical foregrip or an angled foregrip. Anyway, the gearbox is 100% compatible with any aftermarket upgrade parts so what is not to like about this AEG. I hope this review helps!
fatalpound is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion