Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Goggles and Fogging

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 11th, 2014, 22:15   #1
Bigload

Goggles and Fogging

I understand that all goggles fog up - which goggles did you guys tried that seems to work well for indoor's and outdoor's?

I've tried Smiths Optics Boogies - they will defog once you are on the move, and I mean ALWAYS on the move.

I've tried knock off's X800 (with the little gap) - they fogged less than the Smiths.

I am tempted to invest in a REvision with a FAN - worth the money?
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 22:21   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

smith optics OTW turbo fan
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 22:30   #3
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

I used to fog all the time with cheap goggles, so bad that I could only play a couple minutes at a time before having to head back to the safe area to defog.

I've had amazing luck with Revision Desert Locusts with thermal lenses, never had them fog ever. One thing to watch out for is that the thermal lenses scratch easily with regular cleaning from microfiber clothes, and have to be replaced more frequently than stock lenses.

I recently switched to Oakley M Frames to wear a ball cap with as well. Never had them fog per se, but have had issues with sweat running down onto the lenses.
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 22:35   #4
Danke

I run ESS with a fan and use Fog Tech spray on the lens.

Works OK.
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:39   #5
thebreadbandit.

I'm using Smith Optics LoPro Regulators, it has vents on the lenses that work decent when moving. I've never tried them in indoor CQB (they'd probably be a nightmare) but I'm planning on getting some Fog Tech.

Instagram: thebreadbandit
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:44   #6
mzo

I use ESS goggles with a built in fan. However I still had troubles with fogging until I removed the foam around the goggles (though not the foam that touches the face) and since then they have been excellent.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:25   #7
akira69

Love my revisions with thermal and fan I overheat allot
akira69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:46   #8
kaiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzo View Post
I use ESS goggles with a built in fan. However I still had troubles with fogging until I removed the foam around the goggles (though not the foam that touches the face) and since then they have been excellent.
+1

I still fogged sometimes with my Fan Revisions (indoors where it is small spaces with not much air circulation) also until I removed the foam.

Otherwise outdoors, most goggles don't really fog unless you play on a very humid day on fields near/surrounded by a swamp.

Last edited by kaiu; March 12th, 2014 at 10:49..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:48   #9
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

FYI remove the foam from around the Locusts vent holes, I get what its there for, but without it, it hasnt fogged on me ever in combination with fogtech.
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:49   #10
Jimski

the first thing is to wear something around your forehead to keep the sweat from reaching the goggles.

Then drop some fogtech or dish soap on your goggles and let it cover all the surface.
DO NOT WIPE
you need the coat of antifog to be thick enough to store a lot of water, wiping basically removes antifog.The only precaution needed is to lay it evenly.Do that with the tip of the bottle while pouring.
Do not put your fingers on it.
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:50   #11
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

http://www.campmor.com/cat-crap-anti...leaner-1.shtml

That is the best anti fog I have ever used.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:08   #12
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
FYI remove the foam from around the Locusts vent holes, I get what its there for, but without it, it hasnt fogged on me ever in combination with fogtech.
+1, did this on my craptastic Toronto Airsoft Goggles, worked well, but still had slight fogs here and there.

Invested in Revision Desert Locus with the fan. Genuinely Awesome.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:09   #13
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
the first thing is to wear something around your forehead to keep the sweat from reaching the goggles.

Then drop some fogtech or dish soap on your goggles and let it cover all the surface.
DO NOT WIPE
you need the coat of antifog to be thick enough to store a lot of water, wiping basically removes antifog.The only precaution needed is to lay it evenly.Do that with the tip of the bottle while pouring.
Do not put your fingers on it.
What he said but I wipe mine down though. I use baby shampoo mixed in with 70% water.

Even when I sweat it doesn't fog up. The worst thing that happens is the lenses get really wet but its clear enough to see though. Lenses getting wet like this is better than fog.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 12:53   #14
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I have a JT Delta 3 goggles that I swapped out the single lens for a thermal one (JT Elite lens) and installed a G&G fan. Last game I was at had zero fogging, made me super happy as I sweat like a pig when I play and usually fog up badly.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 14:13   #15
airsoftjunky
a.k.a. evaboe

I swear by the x800's combined with fogtech. Only had slight fog a time or two when I was lying prone, sniping, on a very hot day, tensed up, and sweating like a pig. I found though that you have to clean the lens with soapy warm water, then liberally fog tech them prior to EVERY game day. I've been airsofting steady with this combo for years, and so has my friend. And I loan out this combo to noobs. I like the low profile, yet breathability of the goggles too.
I wanna try the desert locust thermals next though, but have concerns over the thicker profile of the goggles. Having never tried them, I wouldn't know. My ESS Land Ops don't fog, but are to thick to scope in comfortable when used in conjunction with my FAST helmet.
airsoftjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion