The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:50   #1547
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD Steve View Post
Hmmm.. http://airsoftcanada.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1377

Are they still giving out imperial hardware with the PTS CMR panel pack or have they actually started to include metric hardware now?
MBUS pros look nice! I considered them because of their smaller profile, but couldn't justify the price tag, and the red dot battery will literally last years, so I'd probably never use them.
If I can find a good repro, I might eventually pair a KAC front sight and a MK17 rear-sight.

Yes! metric hardware is included now. I saw the video by Robo that said it was a problem to look out for, but I had no problem. I think its a 2.5mm hex?

I was actually quite inspired by this real-steel rifle:

That surefire is stupid expensive

*Busy signing for his packages*

Last edited by AnthonyG; March 29th, 2016 at 12:25..
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 00:53   #1548
shelcoof

Quote:
MBUS Pros. They do come in black.
Aww.... yhea they look pretty sweet thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
MBUS pros look nice! I considered them because of their smaller profile, but couldn't justify the price tag, and the red dot battery will literally last years, so I'd probably never use them.
If I can find a good repro, I might eventually pair a KAC front sight and a MK17 rear-sight.
Honestly all these accessories are just to bling up my gun to make them look cool.... 90% of the things I put on aren't really needed. I just put them on just because they look nice lol

I've seen the MBUS Pros before but never mounted and never in Desert Tan either. They look really nice on EOD Steve's build but yhaa the price tag on the Real Steel is pretty high...... But price has never stopped me from buying useless expensive stuff to bling up my toys. lol

I'm sure I've seen Repro/ACM MBUS Pros listed on airsoft retailer sites. Not sure of the quality though. If anyone has picked up the Repros feedback is greatly appreciated
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 01:34   #1549
Madrigal

My very custom and unique Tippmann M4

Tippmann
Real ARMS SIR rail
Real FAb Defense stock
Magpul RVG grip
Madbull noveske steel sound enhancer
G&P Dbal
NcStar UDS sight
VFC mags and rangerplates
Dboys armored rail covers
ARMS flip up sight
Custom barrel bracer
KAC Steel ambi mag catch (that was a bitch to fit)

https://www.facebook.com/Hashtag21Me...105022/?type=3
Old March 30th, 2016, 01:40   #1550
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post

I'm sure I've seen Repro/ACM MBUS Pros listed on airsoft retailer sites. Not sure of the quality though. If anyone has picked up the Repros feedback is greatly appreciated
+1 Would appreciate this also.

Old March 30th, 2016, 08:22   #1551
EOD Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
+1 Would appreciate this also.
The repros are good enough for airsoft but the rear aperture has to be drilled out. The repros also don't have enough tension in the deployed position to stay upright, for this reason I would not recommend them for RS use. Other than that, they look the part.
Let's face it, how many people are deployed in the field sufficiently long to actually require the use of a backup iron sight in situations where the primary optic goes down? In the age of ultra-reliable optics, BUIS are being relegated to the aesthetic realm.

I stopped using BUIS on some of my guns because #weight

The Steve has spoken.
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:59   #1552
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Honestly all these accessories are just to bling up my gun to make them look cool.... 90% of the things I put on aren't really needed.
You mean 90% of airsoft stuff isn't really needed

#PVS14#DBAL#HIGHRPSGUN#REALGEAR
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 09:11   #1553
shelcoof

Quote:
The repros are good enough for airsoft but the rear aperture has to be drilled out. The repros also don't have enough tension in the deployed position to stay upright, for this reason I would not recommend them for RS use. Other than that, they look the part.
Let's face it, how many people are deployed in the field sufficiently long to actually require the use of a backup iron sight in situations where the primary optic goes down? In the age of ultra-reliable optics, BUIS are being relegated to the aesthetic realm.

I stopped using BUIS on some of my guns because #weight
Oh man I really hate it when sights have poor tension. My CASV M rail has a crappy tension on the front sights. It annoys the hell out of me when I pull it up and there is no sight for me to focus on.

Its funny when you talk about aesthetics because I have T1 Red Dots mounted on a few of my guns and when I game I just pull them off and watch the trajectory of the BBs fly and re-adjust from there.

They go back on once I'm done gaming to make my toys look nice again lol.

As for feedback regarding the Repro MBUS Pros my buddy owns a pair bought at airsoftstore.ca and he pretty much confirms the quality is quit nice. He also drilled a hole on the rear as well due to it being a bit too small as well.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 11:34   #1554
Invoke ghost

image.jpg
Invoke ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 01:25   #1555
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
You mean 90% of airsoft stuff isn't really needed

#PVS14#DBAL#HIGHRPSGUN#REALGEAR
#BuyOnceCryeOnce

Old April 8th, 2016, 14:46   #1556
EOD Steve

The Magupl SL stock admittedly feels the best out of all the stocks I've tried - not for intangible reasons. It's superior in terms of buttpad angle, friction, retention and does not rely on a separate mechanism to prevent wobble (internal metal spring-plates stabilize the stock against the buffer tube). It also does not require tools or breaking your finger nails to remove the stock (MFT and MOE stocks are guilty of this) as the release bar protrudes from the body a fair amount.

The Steve has spoken.

Last edited by EOD Steve; April 8th, 2016 at 14:49..
Old April 8th, 2016, 17:15   #1557
Wilkie

Quote:
Nice lower fade!!! I stopped goofing around with handstops after realizing that functionally, vertical grips are more comfortable over extended periods, by far.

Thanks!
I find I still use the vertical grip like a hand stop, with my index finger braced against the front of the actual stop I have there, but if I'm crouched or prone the grip is used the way it was meant to
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2016, 23:50   #1558
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
The Magupl SL stock admittedly feels the best out of all the stocks I've tried - not for intangible reasons. It's superior in terms of buttpad angle, friction, retention and does not rely on a separate mechanism to prevent wobble (internal metal spring-plates stabilize the stock against the buffer tube). It also does not require tools or breaking your finger nails to remove the stock (MFT and MOE stocks are guilty of this) as the release bar protrudes from the body a fair amount.

This is a thing of beauty Stephen.

On a separate note:

So, I found a simple way to make a paint job look like a 95% match to FDE for rifle furniture, mags, etc. I figured I'd share it.

A base of Krylon Camo Tan, which we all know is much lighter than FDE. Then, from a long distance a light, even dusting of Krylon Camo Brown.

From the first photo you can see that at a distance the mags, which are painted, are almost an exact match to the FDE grip and stock. The stock looks slightly darker because of the lighting in this particular setting; it matches the grip exactly.

From the second photo you can see what the mags look like close up. From this distance the mags almost have a speckled/textured look. However, beyond several feet the specks blend into the light tan background and give a deeper tone to the overall look.

I'll likely be doing my Holosun in the same scheme as well as some other attachments on my rifle.

Hope y'all enjoy.

Old April 10th, 2016, 00:25   #1559
Sputmilk

What's with the Onnit sticker? Don't tell me you take that Alpha Brain stuff...

Sputmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 00:34   #1560
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Yup, Alpha Brain, Shroom Tech Sport, and some of their snack foods. All legit stuff.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media