underage airsoft ownership issue important

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 27th, 2009, 16:14   #31
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
thanks aswell, so you have to be 18 to get age verified, no exeptions?
why would you even ask that?
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:16   #32
HalfHeaded

i dont know, ive seen people who are not 18 (it says so on there acount) and they have guns so i was just wondering
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:18   #33
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfHeaded View Post
i dont know, ive seen people who are not 18 (it says so on there acount) and they have guns so i was just wondering
and are they AV'd?
Old July 27th, 2009, 16:19   #34
HalfHeaded

i dont believe so, so i guess your right sry
HalfHeaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 21:25   #35
RaisinBran

Just because your under the age of 18 doesn't necessarily mean you not allowed to have a gun, I'm underage and I own a TM M4 and some shitty ass MP5, I believe Airsoft can be for all ages, if treated respectfully, and civil.

I know people may flame underage Airsofters, personally I do that myself seeing how I'm underage to which is Ironic, but the underage kids I see with Airsoft pretend like they know everything about the sport and everything about guns. They run around with guns shooting things or people and get in shit from the cops.

That is one reason why everyone prefers to have Airsofting for players over the age of 18, but don't feel bad that you have a gun and you are underage, feel bad for smuggling one, if you are respectful to the playing environment around you and players around you then you have the right to have fun.

If you are the type of child that runs around and shoots people and makes crappy youtube videos about "wars" then shame on you, people like that are the reason why Airsoft is hard to get in Canada.

I have no Idea why I just wrote that,Cheers!
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 22:16   #36
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

The community as a whole stands behind the 18+ rule, bragging about owning an airsoft gun while underage doesn't change that.

What is going on with asc these days? Good grief
Old July 27th, 2009, 22:22   #37
Strelok

... We mainly enforce the 18+ rule for the fact that underage players are not liable for themselves. If an underage player gets badly injured on the feild. The owner himself is often held liable for the kid. Some feilds allow kids to play if a guardian is present, but a lot of them save themselves the hassle and simply dont allow it all together.

Along with that, Rather than weeding out kids with the age verification system. The system helps prevent realistic looking weapons from getting in the wrong hands, as they could be used for crime to an extent. Though, It seems that purpose is starting to get nulled out with the cansoft lines being sold publicly around the country.

So don't think we're giving you shit for being a kid. Its a general rule all together.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 11:38..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 23:42   #38
Bonjour43ma

What is.... the point.... of this thread again? Sorry just a little confused.

What do you expect people here to say to you? Congrats that you somehow smuggled an airsoft gun across the border without getting caught? or that you are an underaged KID that somehow got a gun without going through the ASC age verification process, and are simply rubbing it in our faces? I'm sorry but that's what I got out of your one gigantic paragraph of a rant that doesn't really communicate anything meaningful to the rest of the community.

There is a REASON why ALL airsoft guns are only supposed to be sold to those that are over the age of 18 - that is the age where one would be considered "responsible" and can make the correct judgments under difficult situations. The age verification process is essential in weeding out kids and irresponsible morons from getting access to these guns, and is a process I think can slowly help the airsoft community in putting some positive light in an otherwise negative general perception on this sport. It is not perfect (anything that invovles human interaction will never be) but it's a step towards the right direction. There is no way around it and unfortunately you just have to wait for 4 more years before you can start building up your own armory.

What is done is done, you have the gun now so just keep it and upgrade it if you want, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take it outdoors or show it off to your friends like the MANY MANY idiot kids that have done so in the past, and making news headlines when someone accidentally gets shot by the police because they thought that you had a real weapon.

Expect nothing but mostly hostility to your post because most of us adults, people in the 20s, 30s, 40s, etc, have to go through the long and dreadful process of shopping from limited online retailers, and paying 2, 3, or even 4 times as much as what everyone else pays in the world for the same guns, parts, and upgrades, MAINLY because of all the KIDS and irresponsible morons over the past decade that have contributed negatively to the sport, and making a bad name for those that participate in it (law makers and the media are to be blamed as well, but that's a whole other story).

Bottom line is - you have a replica gun now so please be responsible for it, and don't do anything that can get you or anyone else hurt. The last thing anyone in the airsoft scene wants to hear is yet another kid that gets arrested for showing off a fake gun to his classmates, and how replica guns should be banned because people commit crime with them.
Bonjour43ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 23:45   #39
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

well said ^
Old July 27th, 2009, 23:48   #40
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
Bottom line is - you have a replica gun now so please be responsible for it, and don't do anything that can get you or anyone else hurt. The last thing anyone in the airsoft scene wants to hear is yet another kid that gets arrested for showing off a fake gun to his classmates, and how replica guns should be banned because people commit crime with them.
This needs to be quoted.
Old July 27th, 2009, 23:54   #41
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Guys you seem to be letting the recent state of affairs in the newbie tank affect what this thread is about. To me it just came off as a kid who has an airsoft gun, didnt understand what it meant at having one at his age, as well as how he acquired it, felt guilty somehow and wanted to let us know what he did was not right. Take it easy on the kid already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 00:02   #42
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

I'm not personally trying to be mean to the kid, but I think that quote is justified. He should do exactly what the quote says, for him to be able to guage this in a sensible mature nature, is something almost unheard of with people his age, and I would commend him for being able to do so.
Old July 28th, 2009, 00:04   #43
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Guys you seem to be letting the recent state of affairs in the newbie tank affect what this thread is about. To me it just came off as a kid who has an airsoft gun, didnt understand what it meant at having one at his age, as well as how he acquired it, felt guilty somehow and wanted to let us know what he did was not right. Take it easy on the kid already.
I sorta saw it like that too, but when those brilliant pro-underage airsoft people start chiming in, then something must be said.
Old July 28th, 2009, 00:08   #44
Bonjour43ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Good point. His intention may have been purely innocuous, but like you said the recent state of affairs in the newbie tank made it seem worse than it really was.

It's easy to forget that we ARE talking to a 14 year old kid afterall... ops: Sorry kid, didn't mean to lash out like that, but you need to realize that what you are saying may not always come out the way you wanted it to. I read it a certain way and I'm sure many others have done so too.

Just be careful with your gun and try your best not to contribute negatively to the sport. If you have $300 to spare at the age of 13, I don't see why you won't have enough to buy a really good AEG/GBB when you are 18, with all the upgrades and accessories you'll ever need to game competitively.
Bonjour43ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 00:16   #45
skalnok

im glad you are taking this responsibly, hell this is the second most polite ive ever seen pusangani ( the other time involved a kjw usp compact ) so you must be doing something right.

as long as you keep things safe, do it responsibly and wait until you are older to actually try to join the sport then good luck
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank