Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

L96 or VSR-10

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 24th, 2009, 04:17   #46
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

To summarize this thread
1) buy an AEG first, always
2) never buy a clone sniper rifle
3) good sniper rifles can end up costing more than upgraded AEG's
4) sniping is a patience game
5) FPS means dick, the real measure of a gun is in the quality of its internal parts (a well upgraded AEG at 300fps can outrange and outperform a chinese 470fps sniper rifle)

And just to further CDN_Stalker's post, my VSR outperforms upgraded AEGs other sniper rifles and I only put 300$ into it
But of course you need to know what your doing
I was playing for 2yrs before I got my VSR and I still didn't think I'd be any good....who knew? lol

So take the time to learn the dynamics of outdoor play, see how things work from the riflemen end of things before you try a sniper. Learn all the downsides of being a sniper firsthand. And definitely don't start sniping at 470fps, start out at 380 or 400 and get used to it; nobody is your friend when you accidentally shoot someone in neck from 15 feet away with a 470fps rifle!
And just because the limit is there, doesn't mean you have to be at that mark, after 6 months of play I still like having my VSR at 400fps

Last edited by ThunderCactus; February 24th, 2009 at 04:25..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:05   #47
Gerkraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
=0!?

lol WELL sniper rifle as a proper weapon?

makes me laugh, they dont even shoot straight
Hey man, mine shoots straight!!

...but it doesn't have much WELL left in it :P
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:51   #48
TCLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
No ghillie area? May I ask why this is?
Red Deer when it was in its infant stages of airsoft (2001ish) had a few guys who wore ghillie. I don't think they even had sniper rifles but ghillie cause they likeed the look of it and how well it worked. Well they decieded that if you can't feel it then it doesn't count. Also if they weren't paying attention it would just disappear into the burlap and this caused issues between players naturally. Thus to eleminate any further problems ghillie were banned from Red Deer. But you can still have head scrims and personal netting to hide in so long as it isn't placed in a manner in which you cannot feel the bb. Now this is the story to the best of my knowledge since i wasn't playing at the time, Cortexburn even has it in his sig. Calgary I believe does allow ghillie but not 100% on that.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:12   #49
Thorazine

Send a message via MSN to Thorazine
Ghillies are permitted at Calgary games... however, as its been stated before, it would not be the greatest idea to get a BA, and I don`t know how comfortable JOC folks would be with a newbie rocking a 450 fps gun...
Thorazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 19:01   #50
Darin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
Ghillies are permitted at Calgary games... however, as its been stated before, it would not be the greatest idea to get a BA, and I don`t know how comfortable JOC folks would be with a newbie rocking a 450 fps gun...
XD, I'd be feeling pretty comfortable lol, also I looked up JOC, is that like the "thing" for Calgary?
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:40   #51
FlyingCats

Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Heres my generation of airsoft:
I bought a very shitty crosman spring guns. Package with these shitty 2 plastic rifle and pistol that shoot at 275 fps.

I than got a Crosman again but it was a AEG but not very good.

I than got a Kraken by aftermath and i have a red dot on it and Green Tiger on it. I love it.

I'm getting the same sniper as you as i hope. But if you don't have a AEG, your gonna get butt raped if people come rushing. My Plan is my kraken on my back and when i get bored of sniping, i take my AEG and rush in and take some people out(hopefully not getting picked off) and than maybe find a new position for my sniper.

Its ok, but not amazing.

EDIT:Just started this too.

Last edited by FlyingCats; March 1st, 2009 at 10:47..
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 14:06   #52
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCats View Post
My Plan is my kraken on my back and when i get bored of sniping, i take my AEG and rush in and take some people out
lolz

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 14:19   #53
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
I played with an AEG for 2 years, then bought a CA M24, and upgraded it. Even then, I didn't enjoy it that much; thought I would but I didn't. Too much time and effort and money to get it to perform as well as an aeg. And the style of play, which seems glamorous, is very quite boring (for me). People with AEG's basically had the same range as me, except they could shoot full auto and had more than 20 rounds in their magazine.

PS, good luck carrying around a kraken on the back with your sniper rifle, and enough mags for both. You will be cluttered, uncomfortable, tired, slow, and an easy target.
Old March 1st, 2009, 14:23   #54
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
PS, good luck carrying around a kraken on the back with your sniper rifle, and enough mags for both. You will be cluttered, uncomfortable, tired, slow, and an easy target.
Yea, I agree with that. I had an L96, and carrying that around with my MP5A4 was big, cluttered, and uncomfortable. I couldn't move or maneuver worth a crap.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old March 1st, 2009, 14:58   #55
FlyingCats

Send a message via MSN to FlyingCats
Don't worry, i have the Strong Back from fallout 3
FlyingCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 15:00   #56
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
lolz
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Yea, I agree with that. I had an L96, and carrying that around with my MP5A4 was big, cluttered, and uncomfortable. I couldn't move or maneuver worth a crap.
Shit man, I move just fine with an MP5, full chest rig of mags, water, side arm and 6 mags for it, and my CA M24, easy 35-40lbs, and I move just fine. Not as fast as an Olympic runner, but I can slide through brush easy enough and run bursts fast when needed. Oh wait, maybe it's because some claim me to be Chuck Norris' brother?

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; March 1st, 2009 at 15:03..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 15:37   #57
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
+1

Shit man, I move just fine with an MP5, full chest rig of mags, water, side arm and 6 mags for it, and my CA M24, easy 35-40lbs, and I move just fine. Not as fast as an Olympic runner, but I can slide through brush easy enough and run bursts fast when needed. Oh wait, maybe it's because some claim me to be Chuck Norris' brother?
hehehehe +2!
Old March 1st, 2009, 15:49   #58
kalnaren

Quote:
Either that or because I'm a scrawny little twig.

Quote:
Old March 1st, 2009, 15:57   #59
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
+1

Sounds like running around with an Inokatsu M60 all day lol. Held one of them at TAC09, and man, I can't ever see myself carrying that around all day for an airsoft game, let alone for a year. 40lbs of gear in an airsoft game is a lot. You're a god amongst us.
Old March 1st, 2009, 16:12   #60
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Nah, I smoke and drink too much, at times show up at games hungover, but will still run my ass off and push myself hard even with no food for 24hrs. I will still burn out later in the day. Still is funny I'll run with my team 200 meters and look back to see most of them halfway to where I am. Have had to pull he smoke out of my mouth to yell at them to hurry the fuck up a couple times.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank