I'm new to airsoft and have some questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 30th, 2016, 14:08   #31
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye360 View Post
Ok good to know thank you. Was wondering about battery brands as well, thanks. I really like VFC VR16 Saber (long version) and will most likely choose it. Is hobbyking a US based store? I found the same battery on UCT for $24-$28 depending on the MAH, and one has 3 sticks, which I imagine wouldn't fit in the gun, or maybe it would?

Is a PEQ box something I should consider purchasing as well? Seems like they hold batteries and help extend battery life I think?

Sorry for so many questions but I like to know what's good or not before I buy.
Turnigy is your best bet, we only recommend it. you picking vfc is great too, as they are the best

Hobbyking is all over the world, us ships faster, but international works depending where your items are, you may have to do international.

No, the one i linked you should be the exact same style/ones you get.

Don't get a peq box, unless you want it for looks. Peq box batteries are for front wired guns, I.E VR16 STINGER. Your gun is rear wired, and the QRS stock is huge, so it can house tons of battery space.

Just get the one I linked you, and a smart charger, like the genuine imax b6
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 15:07   #32
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Turnigy is your best bet, we only recommend it. you picking vfc is great too, as they are the best

Hobbyking is all over the world, us ships faster, but international works depending where your items are, you may have to do international.

No, the one i linked you should be the exact same style/ones you get.

Don't get a peq box, unless you want it for looks. Peq box batteries are for front wired guns, I.E VR16 STINGER. Your gun is rear wired, and the QRS stock is huge, so it can house tons of battery space.

Just get the one I linked you, and a smart charger, like the genuine imax b6
Ok great thank you. So the 1 stick variant is what my gun takes and not the 3 stick variant right? The 3 stick battery wouldn't fit right?

As for the charger, is this the one you were referring to?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 15:12..
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 15:14   #33
BioRage

you don't need 3 stick, just drop the subject, get 1 stick. lol.

get 1 -2 batteries, 1 lasts me for a day at siege airsoft;

If UTC has them, get them there, 1 stop shop lol
Old March 30th, 2016, 15:19   #34
Hawkeye360

Quote:
you don't need 3 stick, just drop the subject, get 1 stick. lol.

get 1 -2 batteries, 1 lasts me for a day at siege airsoft;

If UTC has them, get them there, 1 stop shop lol
LOL But the 3 stick would fit though? LOL

I just found a charger on UCT, this one. Is that the right one?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 15:21..
Old March 30th, 2016, 15:23   #35
BioRage

Quote:
LOL But the 3 stick would fit though? LOL

I just found a charger on UCT, this one. Is that the right one?
don't know, they are meant for crane stocks iirc. G&P used to have the 7.4 in big ass three pack, and you put 1 in the middle, 1 in the left corner, and 1 in the right corner.

i don't see why you want to bother with 3 sticks. It'll work, problem is will it fit?

yes to the imax, not sure if its genuine or not, but id suspect it is legit.
Old March 30th, 2016, 15:45   #36
Hawkeye360

Quote:
don't know, they are meant for crane stocks iirc. G&P used to have the 7.4 in big ass three pack, and you put 1 in the middle, 1 in the left corner, and 1 in the right corner.

i don't see why you want to bother with 3 sticks. It'll work, problem is will it fit?

yes to the imax, not sure if its genuine or not, but id suspect it is legit.
Just wondering about the batteries, good to know everything. Looks like 11.1 is the way to go?
Old March 30th, 2016, 16:04   #37
Datawraith

You'll have to upgrade and get a mosfet if you want to use 11.1 LiPos, else you risk arcing your trigger contacts.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 16:15   #38
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
You'll have to upgrade and get a mosfet if you want to use 11.1 LiPos, else you risk arcing your trigger contacts.
Oh so a 11.1 can't be used of the box on the VFC VR16 Saber? Is upgrading it to be compatible worth it/easy?

Or would it be better to get a gun that comes with a mosfet?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 16:31..
Old March 30th, 2016, 16:32   #39
BioRage

Quote:
Oh so a 11.1 can't be used of the box on the VFC VR16 Saber? Is upgrading it to be compatible worth it/easy?
If you keep worrying about all the fine details you're gonna never get anywhere.

He didn't say you can't run it, he said "risk," I've been running 11.1v solid for the past few months with no problems.

When somethings happens, then you look into it.

Just buy it, and go from there. Yes you'll have to upgrade at one point, do it when something breaks, if it breaks.

If you're SUPER WORRIED, get 7.4V and deal with it, nothing should break from there, you'll just get "poorer" performance.

Airsoft is wear and tear.

Edit:

only worth mentioning VFC that comes with a mosftet is the 2015+ 416's, but they are outta your price range.

Last edited by BioRage; March 30th, 2016 at 16:51..
Old March 30th, 2016, 17:06   #40
Hawkeye360

Quote:
If you keep worrying about all the fine details you're gonna never get anywhere.

He didn't say you can't run it, he said "risk," I've been running 11.1v solid for the past few months with no problems.

When somethings happens, then you look into it.

Just buy it, and go from there. Yes you'll have to upgrade at one point, do it when something breaks, if it breaks.

If you're SUPER WORRIED, get 7.4V and deal with it, nothing should break from there, you'll just get "poorer" performance.

Airsoft is wear and tear.

Edit:

only worth mentioning VFC that comes with a mosftet is the 2015+ 416's, but they are outta your price range.
Ok good to know about the batteries.

Out of curiosity, what gun would you recommend from VFC that comes with a mosfet?

I found this. Not an 416 though, just the Saber.

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 17:29..
Old March 30th, 2016, 19:10   #41
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Krytac guns come with factory installed mosfets. Krytac is a newer brand, it doesn't yet have the same customer loyalty as VFC does here on ASC, but they're arguably just as good or better than VFC (depending on who you ask). Can't go wrong with either, both are good investments.

That retailer installed aftermarket mosfets in a limited batch of Sabers, hence the extra cost. The only VFC's that come with factory installed mosfets are the H&K lineup.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 30th, 2016 at 19:28..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 19:20   #42
BioRage

Krytacs are out of his budget. Dunno op your all over the place
Old March 30th, 2016, 19:21   #43
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Krytac guns come with factory installed mosfets. Krytac is a newer brand, it doesn't have the same customer loyalty as VFC does here on ASC, but they're arguably just as good or better than VFC (depending on who you ask). Can't go wrong with either, both are good investments.

That retailer installed aftermarket mosfets in a limited batch of Sabers, hence the extra cost. The only VFC's that come with factory installed mosfets are the H&K lineup.
Ooooh more choices! Thank you for the input.

Hmm, I really like this one.
Old March 30th, 2016, 21:24   #44
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Krytacs are out of his budget. Dunno op your all over the place
Sorry if it seems I'm all over the place, just looking at what's available and such. I'd be willing to spend around $500 on a gun if it's worth it, such as the Krytac SPR.

Like would the Krytac Trident SPR at just under $500 be better than the VFC VR16 Saber's regular price of $479.99 (current sale is $434.99)?

Any thoughts on G&P?

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 23:05..
Old March 31st, 2016, 01:52   #45
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Krytac guns come with factory installed mosfets. Krytac is a newer brand, it doesn't yet have the same customer loyalty as VFC does here on ASC, but they're arguably just as good or better than VFC (depending on who you ask). Can't go wrong with either, both are good investments.

Would that VFC with the retailer installed mosfet be worth getting or are they asking too much for it ($579.99)?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank