Imported reciver parts?

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 22nd, 2011, 16:52   #76
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorist one View Post
I would like to tell every one my short encounter with gearbox monkey423 or Erik from Campbell River.

This kid contacted me when i asked on the forum if there was any airsoft in the Vancouver island region. Once i was posted to Comox i started going to the games in Duncan. The people down there where really nice folks and had been contacted by this kid, Erik. That he was 17 and wanted to play airsoft. They did not mind the age difference due to the fact that they have a ''you fuck up, your out'' policy. So i got in contact with him so that i could give him a ride at the games.

After our first car pool, it was clear that this kid did not have all his ducks in a row. All he could talk about was how the military is great, asking me stupid questions about if i had a gun working airtraffic control or if i was issued grenades. Also he told me he wanted to die in a war. Also since he was a army cadet, he told me he did not understand civi life, and that all he knows is being in the military(funny that he never has been in it). At that point i though i could help him with his mental boner over the military and scare some sence into him in hopes of making him less of a GI JOE wanna be so that if he would eventually join he would be smart about it.

The second time around we carpooled he admitted to me that he was 15. So he lied about being 17 to the others. At that point i told him that this would be the last time i would give him a ride. He almost cried in the car giving me again the same story on how he needed airsoft, that he did not know how to adapt into civi life and that he would go crazy and do something stupid. After that long and crazy ride, i never talked to him again. I had been thinking of talking directly to his parents about what he had said to me, but never got around to it. I cant save the world.

If i may be so bold to recommended something(please tell me if i cant). I would simple ban him from the forum for a period of life. He clearly has serious issues and he has told me that he would do something crazy and stupid. I believe giving access to anything air soft with this kid that is really 15, on fuels the possibility of him doing something stupid, dangerous and illegal. He has told me that he dresses up in military uniform and runs around in his community at night with his airsoft trying not to be detected by what ever is out there to get him. For me he is a fucking liability and he needs to stop watching hamburger hill or any war movies. Be ban for life from anything weapon like, and get a shock treatment of Barnie and friends.

Just though that i should tell someone about my encounter with this kid.

Wait, you live in Mtl and you gave him a ride in BC?
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 17:09   #77
Grey Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorist one View Post
Once i was posted to Comox i started going to the games in Duncan.
Anyhoo, sounds like this Erik chap wasn't beaten enough as a kid. Or possibly too much. Sigh... parenting is such a careful balance...
Old November 22nd, 2011, 18:12   #78
terrorist one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
I am posted around more then i would like to. I just never got around to changing the address. And Eeyore, dont you remember when i got a we m4a1 off of you a few months back and you asked me why i wanted to have it shipped to Comox bc. hahaha

As for contacting his parents, doing up this thread made me realize that i had failed at being a responsible parent my self. To reassure you all, i am in the process of tracking his number down and calling his parents...

cheers
terrorist one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 18:56   #79
Kuji

Die in the army and can't understand civilians?? WTF!?
What was he before he was a army cadet? A hobo??

Stark Arms (VFC) Glock 17
Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU
KJ Works M92FS
Kuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 19:11   #80
terrorist one

I just spent 30 min on the phone with his very nice and concerned mother, She has noticed this and has been talking to here son about this for some time now.

As for Erik i also had a very long chat with him and i managed to reason some sense into him about the glory army die thing. I advised him to stop importing illegal things into canada and that if ever he would be charged with smuggling weapon parts. He has told me that he has stopped since and will no longer do so. I told him that a criminal record is not well seen in the military. I do believe he was sincere and true. As for the hole military and gun fanatics, he is now being coached by someone that i knew in CFB Comox. The personne helping him and advising him is in the airforce, a very nice and smart dude and will probably convince him to join the chairforce. I do not believe that the army or green side of the house is bad, i respect and admire all the work they do. I just think that Erik would not be joining for the right reasons.

So all and all, after months of procrastinating, i believe that this problem has been averted and that erik is on the right path for his future, he is a smart kid, maybe just just misguided. So i dont believe he will be seen on the news anytime soon for any weapon related crimes and i have told him to stop admitting to doing stupid shit only or doing it at all. I believe this kid will not be a problem on ASC, as i dont think he will return. He is immature, for sure, but i do believe his parents, that are very concerned and his staff in his cadet corp will keep him in check.

Boy, i fell better now.

cheers
Old November 22nd, 2011, 19:14   #81
Kuji

Well done mate. We can all take a collective sigh...

Stark Arms (VFC) Glock 17
Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU
KJ Works M92FS
Kuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 19:38   #82
Forever_kaos

A big thank you to Terrorist one, for taking the time to do that.
I hope it all pans out, and everything works out smoothly.

Best of luck Erik.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:22   #83
gearbox monkey423

you should shut your mouth buddy i didnt do anything to you did i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ops View Post
Anyhoo, sounds like this Erik chap wasn't beaten enough as a kid. Or possibly too much. Sigh... parenting is such a careful balance...
You should shut your mouth buddy i didnt do anything to you did i. i dont like it when you bring my family into this
gearbox monkey423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:26   #84
Drunk_Albertan

lol, uh-oh...
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:34   #85
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Albertan View Post
lol, uh-oh...

R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:41   #86
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox monkey423 View Post
You should shut your mouth buddy i didnt do anything to you did i. i dont like it when you bring my family into this
Enjoy the smooth sailing.. oh wait.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:44   #87
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
If I may offer a bit of advice, and bollocks to you if you choose to ignore it, let it go.

This matter has been resolved rather well so don't try to e-thug your way around here.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:45   #88
terrorist one

Quote:
Erik, stop. Your making it worst!
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:49   #89
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
It was a joke so just

I have decided this thread could use more animals
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 20:51   #90
pancakedestroyer

Quote:
pancakedestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank