Is it Legal to paint your guns?

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2010, 14:10   #16
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If it fits in a backpack go ahead. But anything more than a pistol or small MP5 won't fit in a backpack.
Folding stock FTW . My scar fits in my backpack if I take off the outer barrel extension/silencer, although you do see a little bulge at the top.
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:12   #17
iNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If it fits in a backpack go ahead. But anything more than a pistol or small MP5 won't fit in a backpack.
It IS a small Mp5J. =P

But one more thing i couldn't find around the site, Airsoft in the woods.
Just a no mans land. Some of the friends made a bit of a field in a really cool spot in the woods. I'm a bit edgy to play there, just because its not private.
I think I'll call the local authority and see if they can share some local info on this, but also what do you guys think/ know? (Bless me with your senior airsofting knowledge o great ones)
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:15   #18
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Guitar case Desperado style FTW! (I use a $15 rifle case I got from Canadian Tire, you can get them from Walmart as well).

OR If you have large amounts of money get an Amati Violin case or something and store a P90 or other small/compact rifle in it. (Anyone get the reference?)
Henrietta. : )

I actually have no interest in anime, but the wiki article came up as I was 'random' button cycling and girls and guns are always a curiosity piquing combination.

On topic though, anyone have any suggestions/tips on how to successfully paint a gun (or a link to an informative guide)? I searched and didn't find anything definitive. I'm looking to paint my smoked receiver (KJW G23 pistol) all black to match the slide. Would spray paint work?

Old April 21st, 2010, 14:18   #19
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNick
But one more thing i couldn't find around the site, Airsoft in the woods.
Just a no mans land. Some of the friends made a bit of a field in a really cool spot in the woods. I'm a bit edgy to play there, just because its not private.
I think I'll call the local authority and see if they can share some local info on this, but also what do you guys think/ know?
Can't see the harm in asking, but I also can't see them saying yes. Definitely don't do it without express permission from local law enforcement/government.

Old April 21st, 2010, 14:22   #20
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Don't do it, U really couldn't find that on these forums? Seriously?

It's so common that the kidiots have taken to saying that they or their friends dad/uncle/neighbour's cat own some private land/forest to play on so that we don't rape them for saying that they played in public forests.
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:28   #21
DanoftheDead

Agreed, that private land/ woods a friend owns is a really common thing here. (no offence) I think I've heard it 10 times since I joined ASC. As for wooded airsoft. It's out there, not sure where but I've seen youtubes videos of organized games in woods. I'd like to see a forest/ woodland feild locally forsure though! FR for now, it has some woods...kinda.

Last edited by DanoftheDead; April 21st, 2010 at 14:29.. Reason: add
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:39   #22
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoftheDead View Post
Agreed, that private land/ woods a friend owns is a really common thing here. (no offence)
It's not always a lie i own private land(cottage+couple of acres), but pus is right most of the people who claim they have land are probably lying otherwise Canada would be the size of Russia lol
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:43   #23
krap101

Anyways, most people have good luck with krylon flat or ultra flat (I haven't heard any complaints yet)
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:43   #24
iNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
It's not always a lie i own private land(cottage+couple of acres), but pus is right most of the people who claim they have land are probably lying otherwise Canada would be the size of Russia lol
True, But then again, my freinds lot is only about 1.5 acres, thats why were wondering about public land.
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:43   #25
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiu View Post
On topic though, anyone have any suggestions/tips on how to successfully paint a gun (or a link to an informative guide)? I searched and didn't find anything definitive. I'm looking to paint my smoked receiver (KJW G23 pistol) all black to match the slide. Would spray paint work?
Yes, Rough it up a bit with sand paper (120-150 grit should be fine), clean it and wipe it down with mild soapy water (get off the human grease and dust). After DON'T touch with your hands (preferably use gloves so as to not get it oily again). Tape off or take off any parts/areas you don't want paint to get to (ie. take off the slide and take out any parts that could be adversely affected by paint).

Coat with a paint primer first (better bonding), then do thin light layers letting it dry (to the touch ~5-10 mins) in between, after that let it dry (to a finish, I think it's 18 or 24 hours). THEN go over it with a matte clearcoat. (Matte Clear coat vs "Shiny clear coat")

Recommended paints are Krylon (either regular plastic or "camo paint"), and "Rusto" (American Accents Rustoleum). If you can find it and you're cheap Ironlak (Advanced Valve Technologies)) paint works as well (It's like $3.50 a can compared to Krylon which comes in at like $4.00+ (last I checked at Canadian Tire))
Old April 21st, 2010, 14:48   #26
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNick View Post
True, But then again, my freinds lot is only about 1.5 acres, thats why were wondering about public land.
1.5 isn't enough you need at least 10 as well as a fence unless you have like 100+ acres or something, also DON'T play on public land it's illegal.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Old April 21st, 2010, 15:25   #27
iNick

So Basically i learned, DO NOT MAKE THE GUN VISIBLE, Play on private land, and i can paint/remove the orange tip.
Old April 21st, 2010, 17:01   #28
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Yes, Rough it up a bit with sand paper (120-150 grit should be fine), clean it and wipe it down with mild soapy water (get off the human grease and dust). After DON'T touch with your hands (preferably use gloves so as to not get it oily again). Tape off or take off any parts/areas you don't want paint to get to (ie. take off the slide and take out any parts that could be adversely affected by paint).

Coat with a paint primer first (better bonding), then do thin light layers letting it dry (to the touch ~5-10 mins) in between, after that let it dry (to a finish, I think it's 18 or 24 hours). THEN go over it with a matte clearcoat. (Matte Clear coat vs "Shiny clear coat")

Recommended paints are Krylon (either regular plastic or "camo paint"), and "Rusto" (American Accents Rustoleum). If you can find it and you're cheap Ironlak (Advanced Valve Technologies)) paint works as well (It's like $3.50 a can compared to Krylon which comes in at like $4.00+ (last I checked at Canadian Tire))
Thorough explanation, thanks. What's the purpose of the sandpaper though?

Definitely would not cheap out on paint when the gun's already 50 times more expensive.

Old April 21st, 2010, 17:11   #29
[SIK] Piér

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds View Post
Cop cruising through town:

Guy with a back pack.........Guy with a duffle bag........Guy with a guitar case.........Guy with fully automatic assult riffle......WTF!!!!
HAHA !

Man, that actually made me laugh out loud hehe !

"Don't touch what you can't grab."
Old April 21st, 2010, 18:23   #30
iNick

Quote:

For the body coat you use flat and not gloss right?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank