Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Play style of a SAW.

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 22nd, 2011, 21:16   #76
Strelok

I don't doubt it, but I don't see the point of carrying any more weight than you have to.

I've seen people just pack pistols. you're already carrying a gun with thousands of rounds.

That, and carrying another longarm is kind of silly, chances are you'll take a dive and break it unless its really secured to your person
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 00:41   #77
Danke

Depending on the game I may carry my KWA MP7 along with the SAW. Then at some points in the game I'll set it aside and just use the SMG. More on all day sim scenarios where I don't want to carry it back and forth 50 times.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 00:57   #78
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
I have a question about support gunners: What type of secondary weapon do they carry? (if they carry any at all)
Could you carry a SAW as a primary and a M4 on your back as the secondary?
Pistol , or very small SMG like a MP7 , something for self defense should your gun go down.

Humping a MG and a rifle is not necessary.

Most guys who run MGs tend to bring a rifle as back up if the gun goes down. But it's left in the SZ or the FOB.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:33   #79
J-Man19

PM specops420 on JOC, he will tell you all about his love/hate relationship with SAWs.
They are fun when they work but a heavy POS when they don't.

IMO stick with an M4/AK until you've gotten some more experience. Learn the basics then branch out from there. You've gone through 3+ guns in 8 months? Yikes. I've been playing for 5 years and am only now considering trying a DMR set up.
No need to rush things.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 15:46   #80
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

3years, 1500rpm, 380fps
G&P M249's mechbox has NEVER broken down
I've nearly stripped the piston once due to messing up my TM configuration, put 2 new motors in it, broke the anti reversal latch spring once, and popped the feed tube off my box mag 3 times (I have a spare box mag just incase), but the mechbox has never stopped working ever

My M4 on the other hand, broke all the G&P gears, piston head, the O-ring off my aluminum piston head got wedged into the port in the cylinder somehow, 5 broken trigger springs, 2 broken triggers, 2 hopup rubbers and 3 motors.

But I still get more kills with my VSR than I do with my 249 on average. The 249 is just more fun
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 15:09   #81
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
I have a question about support gunners: What type of secondary weapon do they carry? (if they carry any at all)
Could you carry a SAW as a primary and a M4 on your back as the secondary?
I did that for a MilSim last year. Only because we were able to arm the POWs if we were able to rescue them...and because the rules stated that we could take out 300rnds/rifle and 1000/saw, and that was the total ammo limit for the whole day (expect no resupply). A couple of us did that...and it paid off huge. We rescued them...we armed them...later we disarmed them when some other guns went down or when we needed to empty the mags to get the ammo split out to others

It was cumbersome...but not all that heavy. If things got hot and heavy we ditched our packs (and thus the extra stuff attached to the packs) for more ease of movement.

IMO, a pistol should be a must carry item....don't know that you need too many mags for it though. When you're in a rifle fight and you've got to go to a pistol things are getting pretty dire pretty quickly.

I'm going to try and run a SAW and a have a small PDW slung/in a pack. Folded up it's about as small as a collapsed MP5 and pretty tiny. I'll likely ditch it (with the pack) as we establish FOBs and whatnot. If the SAW goes down...it'll end up in the bushes and the PDW will take on primary duties.

For a fun-day of small skirmishes...I usually don't bring a backup rifle. The games and stuff are usually pretty laid back and casual. The only time I do is if I'm testing out a new mechbox/rifle/etc...

For events and milsims...I'm definitely taking out fall-back weapons (at least one). They may stay locked up...or might get hauled out to the field/in-play (since some of the walks out to the staging/parking areas are long, long walks).

So do what you want to...but make sure you can do it.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 18:11   #82
FoxhoundNB

A question to all you SAW gunners, I'm considering getting an A&K M60 (I know I'm not age verified here, and this isn't my first AEG by far), but I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to transport it. For my other AEGs I have a soft case and a hard case... but I doubt I could make the M60 fit into any of those.

What do you guys use?

(Planning on upgrading at least the barrel to a Prometheus and the hopup rubber)

Apologies if this is off topic, but I don't think it's enough of a tangent to deserve it's own topics.

On that note, I've seen 2 games where SAW gunners were the first people out of ammo; made me laugh.
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 18:20   #83
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
A question to all you SAW gunners, I'm considering getting an A&K M60 (I know I'm not age verified here, and this isn't my first AEG by far), but I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to transport it. For my other AEGs I have a soft case and a hard case... but I doubt I could make the M60 fit into any of those.
They fit in large rifle bags. Not hard to come by, or expensive.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 02:03   #84
Manni

Send a message via MSN to Manni
I've had my m249 para for quite some time and have tried other saws, they fit me well. They sell specific cases for most of the saw style guns if not buy a LARGE soft case and your good to go. Ive learned with a saw dont carry much, webbing works well with just a few attachments. Ive gone as small as using a webbing belt and thats it with my saw. I recc an mp5k as a sidearm it works well if you decide to go with a side arm. My squad's ive been in like suppresive fire this can mean alot of get down and hide a spray as much plastic as you can downfeild. but using a sliding stock is more manuverable and will allow you to move around alot if needed.

3 things to remember:

1. 30+ pounds of gear and a saw is hard to carry all day without a stop
2. Its airsoft you will get dirty on alot of feilds
3. Have fun! Even a saw can run around and do the same thing an m4 can sometimes better
Old May 25th, 2011, 16:45   #85
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I'm one of the smallest guys out here playing airsoft, and I carry a G&P 249, spare M4 AEG mags that I can't even use, a KAC PDW + 6 gas mags, 4000 rounds, a spare box with 2500 rounds, 3L camelbak, bigass combat knife, AND my ego.
I carry more gear than most riflemen and they still have a hard time keeping up lol

The SAW gunner should be in the BEST shape
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 16:51   #86
J-Man19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I'm one of the smallest guys out here playing airsoft, and I carry a G&P 249, spare M4 AEG mags that I can't even use, a KAC PDW + 6 gas mags, 4000 rounds, a spare box with 2500 rounds, 3L camelbak, bigass combat knife, AND my ego.
I carry more gear than most riflemen and they still have a hard time keeping up lol

The SAW gunner should be in the BEST shape
QFT.

Sushi got his new 60 today, in time for claybank
160lbs 5' 4"
carries M60, M4, 226, + 20-30lbs of gear and can still outrun everyone on our team.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank