Newbie Tank

Old November 28th, 2009, 13:32   #31
Forever_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds View Post
LOL....too funny

I totally for got about this picture.......that's me in the tigerstripe
Seriously?

Wait a second, I don't see any Tigerstripe, I just see a Tiger!

Last edited by Forever_kaos; November 28th, 2009 at 13:46..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 13:49   #32
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
For gear, go with khaki, it works well with everything from desert to cadpat to woodland. Get something that works well for you, and you'll have the flexibility for any camo you wear. OD is second to this, but khaki works better in the woods than OD does in lighter desert areas. If you get a cadpat or woodland patterned vest, you really limit yourself as to what it works with for BDU. I have the Eagle Universal Chest Rig in khaki, have had it for about 3 years at least now, I've worn it with everything from woodland, cadpat (arid and temperate), multicam and civies, and it works well with everything.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 15:32   #33
Frozen Tex

Yup. For gear, Coyote Brown is your friend.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 15:42   #34
Dirty Deeds

Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Seriously?

Wait a second, I don't see any Tigerstripe, I just see a Tiger!
It's Vietnam Tiger Stripe.

From left to right:

Cadpat = Cohda - 1st Pathfinders
Bunny = 1st Pathfinder (a recruit at the time)
Flectarn = Wolfgang - MTX
Multicam = Raven - Bad Karma
Marpat = Flash - DOW
Tiger Stripe = Dirty Deeds - DOW at the time, now Bad Karma
Desert Marpat = Bruce - Bad Karma

The picture was taken at the Dog Pit in Rawdon, same place the Quickpass events took place.

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:18   #35
jareyes

Man so many differing opinions. To the people who say khaki/coyote tan are the best, how often do you actually find yourself playing in an arid-looking, desert type environment? I was under the (perhaps mislead) impression that a good majority of the games that take place are held in forested type environments? Because of this, I was kind of leaning more towards an OD chest rig.
jareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:24   #36
Steven

I would have thought that Od worked better in forests too.

Is khaki really better?
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:44   #37
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
I currently run woodland with an O/D battlebelt/harness rig. Seems to work out ok for me. Cammo isnt that much of a big deal,more for team seperation and such and most times I'm running woodland pants with a green military sweater or in summer t-shirt. I don't spend alot of money on bdu's,I use what I can get my hands on and I make it work for me. I also dont have alot of experience using a variety of cammo but In my time I have learned two valuable things about cammoflauge and bdu selection:

1) cammoflauge isnt truly effective under something like 100 feet.
( snipers most likely exempt from this lol)

2) If you play /played in the rain,once wet or soaked through most bdu's will look the same.

My 2 cents anyway.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:49   #38
Troy T. Moore

Buy something that is issue as it will be made quite durable compared to aftermarket items. Having said that, there are some manufacturers of high quality BDUs (TruSpec, etc), but you can often get surplus issue items for less money... I wear Russian Flora.

The propper camouflage IS effective at under 100ft if you use your suroundings properly. Movement is what often gives a persons' location away. Move slow, use your suroundings, and use shadows if possible... The reality is when an opponent is laying in wait he/she will see you long before you are within AirSoft range due to your moving and him/her not.

As mentioned already, different camo patterns for different seasons... I need to get myself something for fall next season, but what I did this year at the one site we play at is stay near the coniferous trees that were mixed amongst the deciduous trees. At one of our other sites it is all decidous trees, so a bit harder, especially as the leaves turn and fall off...
Old November 29th, 2009, 09:57   #39
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

My team use plain OD for our field uniform. I've been told that it's hard to see us when we are not moving.
I tend to agree, but that's also true for most green dominant camoflages in gooded erea.

For a wooder erea camoflage, I'd chose a patern or color that fit the impression I want to acheive and keep in mind on wich side I like to play the most.

If all your friend wear US gear and play on the NATO side, choose a matching kit. If your friends dress as russian or Mujahadeen and play on the bad side (haha), then match them with some other country camo.

MTX tend to play on both sides, so we chose plain OD to be able to play on both. It's a compromise from our old Cadpat, wich was a terrific camo. We can still don it when needed, as it's still part of our team camo inventory.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 10:26   #40
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK88 View Post
ACU would be pretty stupid for out of doors, especially if you're in a wooded area. Perfectly fine for other applications but really, the thing is almost blue, you'd notice it right away.
It's often referred to as 'Ah See You' or newspaper camo. It works great when dirty and in really rocky environments. The rest of the time it's like running around in a 1970s baby blue tuxedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I would have thought that Od worked better in forests too.

Is khaki really better?
OD is good for really thick brush (aka. leaves), khaki works well due to tree bark (live and dead trees) as well as the spaces between trees where you can see dead grass, sunlight, etc. Overall, khaki is the king in the woods, it can change shades based upon light too, OD works great as well, but only in areas that there is a lot of foliage. Look at multicam, it's more khaki coloured than OD, is part of the reason it works so well. OD can look like black at times in broad daylight.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; November 29th, 2009 at 10:32..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 14:21   #41
oOMuDOo

Send a message via ICQ to oOMuDOo Send a message via AIM to oOMuDOo Send a message via MSN to oOMuDOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOMuDOo Send a message via Skype™ to oOMuDOo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post

For the longest time, I had no idea there was even a cadpat dude in that picture.
I mentioned to my friend when I showed him this "I wish there was cadpat in there"
"There is, right over there"
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH"

yeah...
Does anybody know where the original post of this is located?
Thanks guys.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank