Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Navy SEALs

:

USA

Old June 24th, 2008, 10:31   #46
Ace of Spades©

For radio a Thales MBITR (Multi Band Inter Team Radio aka AN/PRC 148) is the usual choice. Reason why they have the MBITR pouch issued in the MLCS.

I think they also use an army radio as well (AN/PRC 142?) when only operating on dry land and need a more powerful signal.

Barrel mounted M203 with QD mount. Short barrel is the issued one in the SOPMOD Block I and II.

I would lose the subload dump pouch and get a CSM Gear's dump pouch instead, its the issued one. You have too much shit on your legs, so get rid of the weapons catch and the AK.

Paint the holster and get rid of the AK, even if its "evidence material" during a raid, they will just ether dismantle it and keep the bolt with them or get the gun run over by a truck/tank/what ever.

Photoshop a ginger beard =D

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...

Last edited by Ace of Spades©; June 24th, 2008 at 10:50..
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:10   #47
techobo

You might try getting a MLCS Canteen pouch, and use that as a dump. You don't just have to use it for Canteens, it'll fit a bunch of mags or whatever you wanna throw in there.

Pantac makes one if you don't wanna shell out for Eagle.

Last edited by techobo; May 14th, 2010 at 09:55..
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 15:54   #48
scheer

I've been building a Mk48 which I should be finished by the end of the month and I've decided it deserves a good impression to go with it & between the pic shown on the front of the SEALs book and some pics from the book 'Battle rattle' I decided it would be a SEAL kit. Based on the photo mentioned above here is my suggested kitlist.

1st line top to bottom

MICH 2000 or 2001 with norotos NVG plate
ESS goggles
Neoprene biking balaclava with skull print
RAID modified Tricolour DCU shirt
SPEAR ECWS fleece/PCU level 5 jacket
Oakley SI gloves or mountainbiking gloves with bone style reinforcements (as I've already got these, but don't want to go OTT)
DCU tricolour trousers
Oakley SI boots/Merrell Sawtooth boots

2nd line

Swimmer headset & dummy PRC/148
PACA soft body armour
Blackhawk chest rig or replica with radio pouch, utility pouch and 2x 100 round pouch (later to get rear panel and cargo pack)
Molle belt rig with 2x grenade pouches, pistol mag pouch, utility pouch, dump pouch & canteen pouch
Safariland holster for 1911

Weapons
Mk48
M1911

What do you think? Suggestions, corrections, etc.
scheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 16:00   #49
techobo

Looks like a good list scheer

Last edited by techobo; May 14th, 2010 at 09:55..
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 16:02   #50
Yuxi
Retired

Overall the list is quite good, you really did your research, and did it very well, but you should state whether you wish to build a Afghanistan kit or Iraq kit, which would narrow down what your options a bit.

Here is what I would change.

1st line
-MICH 2000 or 2001 with norotos NVG plate
ESS goggles
*Far more common to see the 2000 version I find.
-Neoprene biking balaclava with skull print
*The skull print seems almost overdone now, maybe something a bit more low-key, but this is very much personal preference.
-SPEAR ECWS fleece/PCU level 5 jacket
*Environment depending I suppose, I would get the PCU over the SPEAR fleece.
-Oakley SI boots/Merrell Sawtooth boots
*Get the Merrels.

2nd line
-Safariland holster for 1911
*Consider a Sig 226 1911 holster instead.

Weapons
-Mk48
-M1911
*Consider a Sig 226 instead.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 16:11   #51
scheer

Thanks for the quick response! I was aiming for Afghanistan using the picture I originally posted as a reference, thus the skull print balaclava, that & I already have one so it gave me an excuse to wear it

MICH 2000 it is, the Merrells & PCU are both what I would prefer it's money that's the issue, the SPEAR & Oakleys went on the list as I have both so I figured I could use them as a starting point & aim to aquire the Merrell's & PCU. It's a bugger to try & find Merrell Sawtooths this side of the pond!

I have both a SIG P226 & M1911 but was really looking for an excuse to use the M1911 as my other main kit UKSF also uses the SIG. Would a serpa on a leg rig be acceptable or would it be a Safariland? I figure it would be a safariland but I'm loath to spend the cash on another holster when I've got the serpa, still if needs must...

Last edited by scheer; July 4th, 2008 at 16:13.. Reason: spelling like an imbecile
Old July 4th, 2008, 16:17   #52
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheer View Post
Thanks for the quick response! I was aiming for Afghanistan using the picture I originally posted as a reference, thus the skull print balaclava, that & I already have one so it gave me an excuse to wear it

MICH 2000 it is, the Merrells & PCU are both what I would prefer it's money that's the issue, the SPEAR & Oakleys went on the list as I have both so I figured I could use them as a starting point & aim to aquire the Merrell's & PCU. It's a bugger to try & find Merrell Sawtooths this side of the pond!

I have both a SIG P226 & M1911 but was really looking for an excuse to use the M1911 as my other main kit UKSF also uses the SIG. Would a serpa on a leg rig be acceptable or would it be a Safariland? I figure it would be a safariland but I'm loath to spend the cash on another holster when I've got the serpa, still if needs must...
This is the dog days of summer

If you already have the skull balaclava, it would definitely be a waste not to use it.

You could consider just using a good pair of desert boots instead of Merrels.

Have you considered the replica PCU? I haven’t seen it in person, but the pictures make it look decent.
But if you are a hardcore collector, I suppose nothing but the real stuff will do.

I would stick with the Sig, just because it really is the ‘official’ SEAL sidearm.
I would avoid SERPAs for an accurate impression, their reputation among real shooters from what I have read is not great due to minor faults in there design which could lead to disaster during combat, and most SEALs would probably stay away.
6004 is basically the safe bet, but yes, it really is not a cheap holster unfortunately.

Last edited by Yuxi; July 4th, 2008 at 16:23..
Old July 4th, 2008, 16:24   #53
scheer

I've been eyeing up the ebaybanned replica's and have heard good things about them, I've also been looking at a few real deals on ebay, but at the moment I can't afford either, it's on the list though. I'm not really a hardcore collector, I figure so long as it does the job & looks the part it's good enough for me.

I'll go with the SIG then, I'll leave the 1911 to my PMC kit, although I do want a GLOCK for that .

Thanks for this guys, it's been a big help as soon as I've got it started I'll post up the pics and to be honest the coming of the apocolypse couldn't stop me posting the Mk48 everywhere I can!
Old July 4th, 2008, 23:59   #54
Ace of Spades©

I had a 1:1 sized BALCS pattern printed out at a printing store, cut out blue camping mat, then covered in duck tape.

For the Hard plates, I just cut out 4 8x6 rectangles, taped together with duck tape, then covered with hockey tape. Has about the same textures are real SAPI plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wey ferro View Post
only real men sew
True, I do all of my own sewing, but I usually get my mom/gf to go and buy the stuff with me, I don't like going into a store full of old ladies by myself.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...

Last edited by Ace of Spades©; July 5th, 2008 at 00:02..
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:23   #55
scheer

I have to say I like the SAPIs, I may shamelessly copy you there. Post up how they are to play in & how the duct tape is after you've played in them, please.

Plus I can see how it's much more manly to ask your mum to buy your kit for you :wink:

Last edited by scheer; July 5th, 2008 at 01:31.. Reason: I keep on reading something else
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:04   #56
techobo

On the topic of sewing, here is the progress I have been making on my home made TFSS. This project has been on the sidelines for a while. Maybe posting it will give me to motivation to finish them.

Ya I know about the paintbrush, it's just temporary, until I can figure out what I can replace it with. Has to be strong enough or maybe malleable enough to withstand some bumps.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S/DSCN5388.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S/DSCN5384.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S_Stage_04.jpg

The last is a picture of the real deal.
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:45   #57
Ace of Spades©

Took a quick pic to clear up confusion on what I made =/

The side plates are there to increase protection of the sides. The SAPI plates are designed to defeat the slow moving and large caliber 7.62 round, while the BALCS protects against the deformation of the SAPI plates as well as shrapnel and lighter rounds (ie 9mil). I'm sure most of the seasoned geardo's know this, but just to explain why I have so much bleeding armor.

I'm still waiting on getting a set of replica SAPI plates to go along with the rest of the armor. Might get a chicken plate carrier made as well sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
On the topic of sewing, here is the progress I have been making on my home made TFSS. This project has been on the sidelines for a while. Maybe posting it will give me to motivation to finish them.

Ya I know about the paintbrush, it's just temporary, until I can figure out what I can replace it with. Has to be strong enough or maybe malleable enough to withstand some bumps.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S/DSCN5388.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S/DSCN5384.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...S_Stage_04.jpg

The last is a picture of the real deal.
Very cool man, they are looking really good. VBSS impression or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheer View Post
Very nice! I have to say there is something immensly satisfying about making/modifying your own kit, that & it beats paying for the real deal that you'll never actually use!
So true. I could have decided to buy the Toy Soldier replica BALCS off egay, but where is the fun in that? And I saved a good 20$.

Quote:

Last edited by Ace of Spades©; July 5th, 2008 at 10:50..
Old July 9th, 2008, 18:27   #58
rockafella

DD

Last edited by rockafella; June 30th, 2016 at 13:27..
rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 19:13   #59
scheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
I have a few question for you guys;
I was thinking about gettin M203 for my CQBR,

1) do the SEAL teams use the barrel mounted ones or the RIS (I like the RIS ones better for the quick and easy removal).

2)Also i know they use the short ones would it be bad to cut a long 203?

3)Where can i get a QD front clip?

4)Do i need a leaf sight or some other sight for it or do they do without?

5)on the WCG site they have these wood grips that you can put on the M203 so it can be used as a standalone shotgun-type, how consistent would this be with a SEAL loadout? Or as a realistic peice of kit for that matter.

6) Practicality, since the M203 shells really act as more of a shotgun than it's real life counterpart does it make sense to get one? I had one and did'nt really use it.

Thanks for your guy's input.
6) When you had one what were you using it for? I presume it depends on individual player style, but there's a chap in our group who is the M203 guy and in my experience having a big 96 round shotgun proves pretty useful in CQB situations. Easiest way to clear a room anyway besides a grenade.

As to the other questions, there're far more knowledgable people on here than I, but from what I've seen IMHO I think it'd be best to try and get the short M203 rather than cut one & I've only seen the barrel mount version being used without leaf sights. But as I say this is just my limited impression and others will know better. All I really know is enclosed space + 96 BB's sprayed simultaneously = win
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:01   #60
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Vince View Post
Can someone post a pic of that "hgger carrier" kinda makes me curious
http://www.veltye.com/inc/sdetail/1863
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA