Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

RCAF Pilot Knife

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 22nd, 2013, 17:08   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
RCAF Pilot Knife

I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of survival knife is currently being used for RCAF pilots. Not to mention if anyone knows where to get one, either surplus or if there is a civilian issue one that looks similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 17:29   #2
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
D. H. Russell Original Canadian Belt Knife - YouTube

Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 17:40   #3
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I don't doubt you Army, but can you tell me how you found out? Or did you just know because well...you know? Ive been trying to find out what the RCAF use but to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 18:06   #4
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/r3s.html

#R3SA or commonly referred to as the "Jump Knife": Comes with straight blade and Overlap sheath, used by the Canadian Armed Forces since 1964.-( 3A sheath )
Old May 22nd, 2013, 18:13   #5
Danke

Yes it's a steak knife; like the airmen say "It was my lunch break & if you don’t get in line at least an hour early, the only prime rib they have left is medium well.”

Haha, just kidding http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/dr...#ixzz2U3uVQCUA
Old May 22nd, 2013, 18:43   #6
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Dude generally issued for Engineer, to cut C4, Pilot, for Survival equipment, and Jumpers.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 19:25   #7
Danke

If I'm the Dude the I know that knife well. To obtain one first you must pass a course that involves blowing stuff up, jumping out of or onto things, cutting stuff down, or be related to the CO.

Then you must hear tell of an issue sheath knife that you can request from stores which means no more ruining or lending out your private purchase knife to be lost by your section commander.

After you have heard the legend you embark on a quest to convince the supply clerk that yes you qualify to withdraw that item and furthermore that you should be allowed to sign one out.

The passing of the course, and the gaining of the knowledge will be the easy part. Convincing the supply clerk will make you feel like Tantalus.

When you've done all that & the clerk grudging places the knife on the counter you look at it and say to yourself "that's a fucking steak knife".
Old May 22nd, 2013, 19:45   #8
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
If I'm the Dude the I know that knife well. To obtain one first you must pass a course that involves blowing stuff up, jumping out of or onto things, cutting stuff down, or be related to the CO.

Then you must hear tell of an issue sheath knife that you can request from stores which means no more ruining or lending out your private purchase knife to be lost by your section commander.

After you have heard the legend you embark on a quest to convince the supply clerk that yes you qualify to withdraw that item and furthermore that you should be allowed to sign one out.

The passing of the course, and the gaining of the knowledge will be the easy part. Convincing the supply clerk will make you feel like Tantalus.

When you've done all that & the clerk grudging places the knife on the counter you look at it and say to yourself "that's a fucking steak knife".
My dad (retired ncm) did none of this to get his.

Edit* just asked him, it was issued when he was with airborne for a brief period.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.

Last edited by The Chad; May 22nd, 2013 at 19:50..
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:29   #9
Danke

Well good for him!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion