Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Regular Games Around T.O

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 12th, 2013, 16:03   #1
Madrigal

Regular Games Around T.O

So, going through the event lists, I haven't been able to find any consistently run games (eg. weekend scrims) around T.O. Am I missing something, or are there really that few fields/places around here?
Old May 12th, 2013, 16:10   #2
NANA
yte

We run a game every sunday in whitby. Drop me a pm if you want to come out some time.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 16:23   #3
Madrigal

sounds good, thanks :3
Old May 12th, 2013, 17:32   #4
Creoden

LOL I was just thinking the same thing, there are a lot of booked in advance games, but not many weekly games, or even any games during the week in the evening...
Creoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 17:36   #5
89db

I host Saturday nights at CQB tactical every 2 weeks! Next game will be the 25th
Old May 12th, 2013, 18:16   #6
Madrigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89db View Post
I host Saturday nights at CQB tactical every 2 weeks! Next game will be the 25th
Sorry, but I will NOT play on a paintball field. I don't feel like getting my gear covered in paint. Dirt and that are fine from fields, but I am not ruining my kit like that.
Old May 12th, 2013, 18:42   #7
slntdth93

Ultimate Airsoft is open most of the week...
slntdth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 20:48   #8
Madrigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slntdth93 View Post
Ultimate Airsoft is open most of the week...
Ultimate Airsoft is stupidly expensive, even with your own gun.
Old May 12th, 2013, 20:56   #9
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
Ultimate Airsoft is stupidly expensive, even with your own gun.
I think you need to adjust your expectations... for $45 you have all day access to an indoor, climate controlled, clean field specifically for airsofters, and over 1000 rounds of ammo(1k bag plus sample bag) which is PLEEEENTY of BBs, if you spit 1000 BBs in a day at UA... well goddamn it work on your aim
try going paintballing and see how long you can play on $45

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; May 12th, 2013 at 20:59..
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 21:06   #10
vink

If you wont play at paintball fields or at UA, you're going to have a hard time. There's only 4 places to play regular airsoft in Toronto and two of those are paintball places. I met the crew I play with at Regular game at Splatters and that has opened up more oppurtunities to play. Dont dismiss the paintball places, you might meet some good people.

.s. I play at Splatters and CQB more than any where else. Only thing that gets dirty are my boots and kneepads.

Last edited by vink; May 12th, 2013 at 21:18..
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:26   #11
Derpystronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
I think you need to adjust your expectations...
Jesus Christ Alex that is the smartest thing I think I have ever heard you say.

I will agree with the sentiments in this thread; you really need to reassess exactly what it is you are asking for. You state you need regular places to play and then go on as to why the most available games are not an option putting, you into a premium category - you then state that this premium product (Airsoft only field) is outside of your price range. You are trying to have your cake and eat it too.

As far as the Paintball gunk goes, CQB is very tame. There are a few spots of the exterior of the buildings(spots you can't really touch) that have the typical build up of gunk, but since the field is exposed to the elements a lot of it gets displaced over time. After a CQB game most of the gear is still relatively clean - still needing a wash but not "OMFG PAINTBALLLLLLLLLLLLL" levels of grime.

Otherwise just keep an eye on the forums. If you have a car your goal can be attainable if you are comfortable with the fact of up to three hours of travel time each direction.
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:38   #12
REAPER426

The option B crew has games every Sunday at either one of our two fields the closest being our stayner field. We're always on the lookout for like minded players. If anyone is interested you can pm myself or drk242 for more info

Level 2 sinper/ night operator
REAPER426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 23:03   #13
Madrigal

I am not saying that an airsoft only field is out of my range, I am saying that I don't like paying $45 for an indoor CQB game, when I can go out to a much larger event for the same price. I can afford to go to UA, and have before. I just didn't like it for the cost. I prefer, for basic skirmish stuff, a nice cheap field where I can bring my own ammo and just have a fun filled force on force. Whitby Airsoft seems to be the ideal choice for me.
Old May 12th, 2013, 23:10   #14
akko

my suggestion for playing in place like cqb and splatters is buy a set of clothes you don't mind geting paint on and dirty

AKMS
TYPE 56-1
akko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:31   #15
sammynac99

I go to UA all the time. grab a membership, its only 150$ and you get the 50$ back in BB's they give you. 100$ for being able to play whenever i want to over the course of 30 days? yes please. by my third visit there its been paid for, and all i need to do is buy bb's and propane. you get a climate controlled environment, large playing area, no paint and a good "general" group of players. it will cost you much less to hit up UA then other fields if you play a lot. If i play 4 to 6 times a month, and pay 25$ per play at a outdoor field, then i pay my gas to get out wherever, then i buy bb's and propane, i'm looking at 100$ excluding gas, bb's n propane, if you play 6 times, you are up at 150$ excluding that stuff. I live very close to UA so its not hard for me to get there. it is totally justifiable to pay 150 a month for my membership and i enjoy it thoroughly, no games getting cancelled by rain or snow, my gas guns run fine in the temperature controlled environment and its paint free with improvements constantly being added. well worth the money IMHO
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank