Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Rifle wont fire

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 15th, 2016, 19:26   #1
Djsamphard

Airsoft Rifle wont fire

Hi guys,

Big problem. I was at my friends basement and few of my friends were firing his rifle. As soon as one of my friends handed me the rifle I shot one round and then all of the sudden nothing. I would press the trigger but nothing would happen. No sound of any kind. Tried charging the batter and that was not the issue. The owner of the rifle is now saying that because I fired the last shot ( Literally 1 god damn shot) i am on the hook. He says i have by the end of the week to fix the gun or he wants money.

The rifle is King Arms M4A1 5.56 Rifle. there is no serial number or any other info on the gun.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited by Djsamphard; June 15th, 2016 at 19:33..
Djsamphard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 20:33   #2
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

First off that's a dick friend, if how you explained it is the truth then I wouldn't bother with them after this.

Second it could be a lot of things, usually the default is the gun didn't complete a full cycle in semi so switching to full auto firing a few and back to semi can do the trick. What type of battery is used and how was it charged?
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 21:11   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djsamphard View Post

PLEASE HELP ME!
Get better friends.

If it broke by chance it's not your fault these things break like computers and cars.

Had you done something outside of its regular function e.g. using the rifle as a potato masher, then sure you'd be on the hook for misusing it. Otherwise tell them to f-off because they clearly did some shit to fuck with you and extort money from your unknowing ass.

Please read the first line for more clarification.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 21:19   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Fuck them.

You're not age verified, and in a basement. I'm going to assume you are probably under age. You were using a probably stock gun, and it broke, like guns do. By no means is it your fault, unless you of course did something like drop the gun or do something outside of normal operation.

This kids parents need to take the gun back in, and get it looked at. Simple as that. If they try and get money from you, don't pay.

Get better friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 21:22   #5
Djsamphard

i am gona go bring the gun home tomorrow from him and will let u guys know the details.
Old June 15th, 2016, 21:26   #6
Djsamphard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Fuck them.

You're not age verified, and in a basement. I'm going to assume you are probably under age. You were using a probably stock gun, and it broke, like guns do. By no means is it your fault, unless you of course did something like drop the gun or do something outside of normal operation.

This kids parents need to take the gun back in, and get it looked at. Simple as that. If they try and get money from you, don't pay.

Get better friends.
We are all 25+. He just uses the gun to shoot a random object in his basement or to get rid of squirrels i have know the guy for almost 18 years.
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:02   #7
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
We are all 25+. He just uses the gun to shoot a random object in his basement or to get rid of squirrels i have know the guy for almost 18 years.
Then that guy is a grade A+ asshole.

Get better friends.

If you pay you're being a little bitch.

His gun broke, so he can take it to a gun doctor to look at. It is not your responsibility. Do not even take it home. Once you do you are accepting that it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:02   #8
RainyEyes

Quote:
i am gona go bring the gun home tomorrow from him and will let u guys know the details.
inb4 you can't fix it and they coerce you into doing/buying things for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Then that guy is a grade A+ asshole.

Get better friends.

If you pay you're being a little bitch.

His gun broke, so he can take it to a gun doctor to look at. It is not your responsibility. Do not even take it home. Once you do you are accepting that it is.

This
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:10   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I seccond what others have said.
That being said. It could be the semi auto lock up. It could just be a pass poor battery. Or it could be a case of (I've heard alot of this lately) they retailer selling him a gun and an "upgraded" battery. Namely an 11.1 lipo definitely an upgrade but not without supporting mods. Namely a mosfet if that's the case it could simply be fried trigger contacts. A prety normal and common wear part on electric guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:25   #10
devbro

I am not going to be a dick (Age verify) and give the most basic things for you to check.

Assuming that the gun SUDDENLY stopped working, there was no minor or major rough handling of any kind, they I suggest to get yourself a multimeter and check the wiring.

Check the engine, see if it gets power or not.

If the battery is a lipo 11v without a mosfet unit, then the gearbox needs to be opened. beyond this, for a novice with no time, the best luck you have is to take it to a local shop for diagnostic.
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:42   #11
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
I am not going to be a dick (Age verify) and give the most basic things for you to check.

Assuming that the gun SUDDENLY stopped working, there was no minor or major rough handling of any kind, they I suggest to get yourself a multimeter and check the wiring.

Check the engine, see if it gets power or not.

If the battery is a lipo 11v without a mosfet unit, then the gearbox needs to be opened. beyond this, for a novice with no time, the best luck you have is to take it to a local shop for diagnostic.
All too convenient tbh.

Ya guy let's play in my basement. Here let me give you my rifle to try out. Oh it stopped working on the first shot? Dude you broke it! Better pay up!

Watch, you're going to take it home, fix it, find out nothing is wrong with it, give it back, and they'll go "it's not working you better get me a new one "

btw dis is you, OP:

Last edited by RainyEyes; June 15th, 2016 at 22:45..
Old June 15th, 2016, 22:42   #12
Theesire
Banned

Tell your friend he's an idiot for thinking you broke it in this context and that the breakage was not due to user error
You shouldn't try to fix it in this case should you break it more then should you truly be on the hook but one simple thing it could be is that one of the motor connectors could have somehow fallen off
So if you really want you could take the plate from the bottom of the grip off and check that, there isn't really anything you can mess up but make sure the battery is disconnected first
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:56   #13
The Legacy

I think everyone answered everything I would have said myself, so I'll stay moot on the subject. Rather, I wanted to warn you: DO NOT TRY TO FIX THE GUN IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT! Chances are, you'll make it much worse, and you'll actually -become- liable.

Your best bet is to give it back, and never speak to him again. Or, if he's a long-time friend who's having a moment of freak-out, smack him upside the head, and have him contact someone with experience on here.

If the latter, what city and province are you?
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 11:32   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if it's a semi auto lockup, flip it into full auto and pull the trigger for a second and then let go.

If nothing, then it could be more serious. Check the fuse if there is a fuse, beyond that you will need to take it apart. don't do that if you have no idea. Where are you located?
Old June 16th, 2016, 14:58   #15
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

^what that guy said
Either flip to full auto and see if it shoots
If theres no noise what so ever, either blew a fuse or the motor connectors came off

All 3 are super easy to fix
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner