Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most Realistic Pistol

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 26th, 2016, 14:13   #1
CykaBlyat

Most Realistic Pistol

Hello people :tup: i would like to buy an airsoft pistol but don't know what to choose.
My requirements:
-looks realistic
-full metal
-sounds real/or good enough
-uses c02 cartridges is a plus
-shell ejecting is a plus
i will be using it for some filming purposes with my friends.
will be rarely used in airsoft games.
and i have seen the 1911 from redowlf but that costs over 1200 american dollars i am looking for some thing cheaper like 500 american dollars or below.
give me your suggestions.
Thanks
CykaBlyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 14:41   #2
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Shell ejection isn't something you want to be bothered with. Overall, it'll be cheaper and easier to add some in post. You can even cheat it effectively by simply adding the sound of brass hitting objects/ the floor, because film doesn't pick up much shell action anyway (brass flies *really* fast).

If you want to do slow mo stuff you need to hire an Armourer, no real way to get around that unless you have a real hotshit CGI guy who will work for free.

High quality plastic guns like Tokyo Marui products should be considered. They have full trademarks and the camera can't tell the difference. Many metal guns look more like an airsoft gun than a TM does, by a long shot. If your talent wants metal guns because they think that will help their craft, tell them to harden up and act better.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 14:53   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Also, many modern guns have polymer frames. There's so many to choose from, there's not really a "one most realistic". Post what pistol/look you're going for and someone will point you in the right direction. What's your budget?
Old April 26th, 2016, 14:56   #4
CykaBlyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Also, many modern guns have polymer frames. There's so many to choose from, there's not really a "one most realistic". Post what pistol/look you're going for and someone will point you in the right direction. What's your budget?
around 600$ canadian
Old April 26th, 2016, 14:56   #5
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
KJW CO2 pistols are a good choice.

P09 Duty
CZ stuffs

Nothing will ever kick, or sound "real." only the "Application" will be there, lol.

Airsoft =/= Real Steel
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:01   #6
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

CO2 mags typically have the least realistic look. The guns sound good, I'm sure a sound guy can enhance the bang they make. She'll ejecting guns aren't common and good ones are even more rare, but I agree with the post above, I'd just avoid that dynamic.
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:03   #7
CykaBlyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
CO2 mags typically have the least realistic look. The guns sound good, I'm sure a sound guy can enhance the bang they make. She'll ejecting guns aren't common and good ones are even more rare, but I agree with the post above, I'd just avoid that dynamic.
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...COVERT_OPS.htm

will this be good?
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:15   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CykaBlyat View Post
No, that's a re-brand of the shitty KWC 1911's, it looks better, but it's meant for hanging on a wall.

KJW is your best option for CO2 IMO.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 16:19   #9
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
AWWW GODDAMNIT.

I knocked over my water glass to click this link, and it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with glocks.

Shit, there goes #mostrealisticglock2016

...another day, another day....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 16:22   #10
CykaBlyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
AWWW GODDAMNIT.

I knocked over my water glass to click this link, and it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with glocks.

Shit, there goes #mostrealisticglock2016

...another day, another day....
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...Pistol_Set.htm

heres a link for a glock kit it looks real cool its a mod kit tho i watched the video of it they say they will make a full gun with the kit later

Edit: also this glock looks sooooo sexy imo once the full gun comes out not the kit only i will buy it. I think i fell in love, this is the most beautiful thing i ever saw

Last edited by CykaBlyat; April 26th, 2016 at 16:29..
Old April 26th, 2016, 16:26   #11
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CykaBlyat View Post
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...Pistol_Set.htm

heres a link for a glock kit it looks real cool its a mod kit tho i watched the video of it they say they will make a full gun with the kit later
:fro: Well atleast I got a chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 17:21   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

shells are added in post production these days when airsoft guns are used in filming.
Old April 26th, 2016, 18:42   #13
FirestormX

People have used my collection in a few short films and photo shoots over the years in the Toronto area. Like others have mentioned, worry about adding in shell ejection, sound, and muzzle flashes, during post production. Anyone with a 30 minute after effects tutorial should be able to do that.

But don't worry about trying to find a "realistic" airsoft gun. Most airsoft imitations are visually "realistic", and well under $600. There aren't really any other aspects that are realistic. (none of the airsoft guns produce the recoil of a .45, or create smoke, or muzzle flashes, or eject brass as quickly and reliably as a real gun, etc)

For conveying realism with guns, a lot of it comes down to the actors, and not so much the firearm. So long as the gun cycles, some brass appears for a few frames as it goes flying away, and there's a small muzzle flash (and not a fireball), no one will think twice about the pistol. But if the actor can't act out recoil, or can't hold the gun correctly, or sticks their finger on the trigger, or absentmindedly points it at their buddy's back, or has some weird stance, then it takes people right out of enjoying the movie.

For people who know nothing about guns, you just need to have a person holding something in their hand that lights up and goes "bang", and they'll be happy.
For those who know something about guns, it's difficult to tell an airsoft imitation from the real version by simply looking at it. So for realism, it's all in how the actor presents and uses the gun.

I don't know what the scope of your production is, but if you've got a weapons master (I think that's the correct term?) in your film crew that knows about firearms, they should be able to help out with this. If you have access to airsofters in your area, you can probably find an experienced individual, or a team, who would be interested in helping you out.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 20:52   #14
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Please make sure that you consult with the local police service about this before filming, whether for guidance, or permission to film in a certain area with airsoft present. There may be permits, paid duty officers, or any other service/region specific items required. Nothing worse than having your film shoot (or local airsoft convention for you old timers) interrupted by a tactical team.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; April 26th, 2016 at 20:54..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 23:25   #15
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
As someone who does film for a living, you don't need things like "real sounding" or whatnot. all that is done in post production, Shell ejecting, muzzle flare, sound all done in post.

and you are interested in the agency arms kit, which i highly would NOT recommend for filming purposes, if you're filming you're prepared to get your gun banged up. depending on what you're filming of course, and yes they are releasing a full version later which by the way will be over your budget by a lot already.

Listen to what FirestormX said, he knows his stuff too

Note: not wanting to be a party pooper but not everyone can be a freddiew or a pwnisher. and if you even bother looking at their behind the scenes videos, they just use very very normal green gas airsoft guns. ive seen KWA, KSC guns in their vids plenty of times. all within budget.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion