Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Who got you into airsoft, Who put you onto ASC

:

General

Old February 14th, 2010, 11:16   #61
cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
After talking to my teacher I learned he was an Age Verifier.
That's a pretty cool teacher, I wish my teacher was a airsofter

Must of been a fun class.
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:04   #62
skalnok

my dad had a nuch of springers when i was little (5ish) and i kept them after the divorce ... then i saw some guys at wasaga when i was 16 and forgot about it until i was 18... was doing research on g36's and found airsoft again... then went to italy lost all my money there and came back and was signed up within the month on asc and made my first post the day i read the faq (4 hours after i signed up) im rather impressed i never had a run in with greylocks lol.

since then i repeatedly go broke whenever i have money and am lacking an airsoft gun lmao.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 13:06   #63
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
My Language Arts teacher got me into it.

After talking to my teacher I learned he was an Age Verifier.

Needless to say, as my birthday was in the middle of summer, thats the only time i actively sought out a teacher during the summer.
That would honestly be weird.... Like super weird. Plus the looking for a teacher during the summer thing too. Cool but weird that the teacher (who are all robots that recharge in the storage closet) is not only a player but also an AV rep.

I hope that he kept it quiet though. Nothing like learning your teacher is an airsofter then the stupid teens going nuts and bad things happening.

By any chance though, did you ever find BB's randomly in the classroom in odd places? BB's have a weird tendency to end up in the most random of places (ie. inside socks, in your pant pockets, inside your computer, on your bed, in a bag that you didn't even put anything into and wasn't in the same room that you were loading up gear, etc.).

This is a weird story too but I actually didn't know one of my classmates from high school also played airsoft. I got a hold of his name somehow and I said "that sounds familiar", I PM'ed him and asked where he went to school and graduated and, lo and behold he actually played too and was in my graduating class.
Old February 14th, 2010, 16:18   #64
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
That would honestly be weird.... Like super weird. Plus the looking for a teacher during the summer thing too. Cool but weird that the teacher (who are all robots that recharge in the storage closet) is not only a player but also an AV rep.

I hope that he kept it quiet though. Nothing like learning your teacher is an airsofter then the stupid teens going nuts and bad things happening.

By any chance though, did you ever find BB's randomly in the classroom in odd places? BB's have a weird tendency to end up in the most random of places (ie. inside socks, in your pant pockets, inside your computer, on your bed, in a bag that you didn't even put anything into and wasn't in the same room that you were loading up gear, etc.).

This is a weird story too but I actually didn't know one of my classmates from high school also played airsoft. I got a hold of his name somehow and I said "that sounds familiar", I PM'ed him and asked where he went to school and graduated and, lo and behold he actually played too and was in my graduating class.
He was still one of the coolest teachers I ever had, beyond the airsoft. He was a subsitute at that point for a teacher on mat leave or emotional breakdown or something.....

But though he is still active on the forums, I have yet to see him at a game. Hes probably reading this right now..... but his stories got me interested, but the great people I play with kept me in it. All the people at XT and MAA... thanks for making me spend all my money.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 17:05   #65
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Searching for paintball stuff or models can't remember...then I found asc. I blew my load all over the place just trying to fit in (ASC is my first forum experience)

I went to a game at a place closed now called Deadlands, BB Bastard was running games and I went and fell madly in love (with the guns not with Jay)

I played a year or so and Deathsniper invited me to join the Snowdragons.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 21:25   #66
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Cant afford JAC's back in the day. Played around with KHC and TM springers. Came to Canada back in 95', airsoft has forgotten. Bought my "wow airsoft has evolved now its electric" in 02'. One day someone in filairsoft.com told me to check out "Airsoft Canada".
Old February 14th, 2010, 22:26   #67
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Bought a Yosegawa Beretta M12 on a whim in 92 in Oakville.
Forgot about it.
While looking for info on Aliens costumes, discovered Airsoft. Came down fm MTL in 96 to buy a G3A4 fm Wildcard. Ended up buying two handguns from him as well and a MP5 PDW at the same time. That was one hell of an expensive weekend. The two handguns I still play with. Had to reduce my airsoft time due to school. But less money spent on games means more money for guns and gear.
But now the wife says I have go down to VA and learn how other people play the game. I always do what my wife says After all, she owns the grenade launcher.

Btw , whoever mentioned Bryce Rollins please don't do it again. That useless cocksucker!!!!!

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]

Last edited by Porkchop; February 18th, 2010 at 15:04..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 13:16   #68
GSK88

Years ago while at Splatters I saw a group of airsofters in full out gear. All I can clearly remember was one guy with a serious looking shotgun and 2 players in full German kit.

One look at their guns and I was ready to switch. Too me a few more years before I found ASC though. A certain tricky asian I contacted on Youtube about a video turned out to be a member of this site...
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:20   #69
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
Before airsoft we used home made rubber bullets. (Jesus...it was the late 70's and 80's)

We used springers back in the 90's at the camp "deep in the bush".

When we switched to AEG's ....and as usual with my friends (a bunch of mill rights)....they wanted to upgrade, so I found this site for help.

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.

Last edited by deep in the bush; February 16th, 2010 at 12:27..
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 00:23   #70
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Back in 2006, I met that guy in WH40K tournaments, we eventually became friends and one day while we where just hanging out between rounds we started talking about hobbies. I was into medieval LARP back then, and he mentionned airsoft.

It intrigued me, but not that much, the prices kept me off, I had invested too much dineros in toy plastic soldiers. It took him over a year and a half to convince me to come in and try it out. So I went to Action Commando in Montreal one freezing feb night, and as soon as I got that MP5 in my hands, I was screwed

I'm the little soldier now, but still use plastic. My BBs are actually 2nd ed marines, orks and gretchins melted and lovingly shaped into spheres, then painted white.

Thanks a lot Bong

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 00:44   #71
mcguyver

I came to watch the flamefests cuz I likes carnage.

I'm still here, but it's boring and quiet these days.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:25   #72
aZn_triXta07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK88 View Post
Years ago while at Splatters I saw a group of airsofters in full out gear. All I can clearly remember was one guy with a serious looking shotgun and 2 players in full German kit.

One look at their guns and I was ready to switch. Too me a few more years before I found ASC though. A certain tricky asian I contacted on Youtube about a video turned out to be a member of this site...
lolol quoted
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:28   #73
Donster

I found airsoft on my 18th birthday at Wasaga while paintballing. Met BlackBear in the process. My first experience with airsoft gun was seeing badass M4s and an awesome L96. I first shook hands with Tattooedfreak and then Deep in the Bush.

Got my M14 (first gun) from a retired retailer.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 13:09   #74
Ayashifx55

i googled airsoftcanada , read all the faqs when i was 17. Then 2 years later, got the idea of presenting my friends into this sport. This is how Rising Sun was born
Old February 18th, 2010, 13:22   #75
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
when I was on a cadet trip, one of the guys in the same room as me placed an order for an extended magazine for his P90 on redwolf, and I was curious so I asked what he was doing (cant remember his username on here), and he said that he played a game called airsoft and explained it to me. I got interested and I started looking into it, a while later, another guy in cadets (I believe his username is WilliamS) suggested I take a look at ASC so I can start getting into the community. I have been on here since shortly after that, and been wasting far too much time here since as well.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General