Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Holster for vest or belt

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 27th, 2013, 20:30   #31
Donster

i made the leap and bought a Banshee PC. I'll update once i get it to let others know who share my issue of wearing certain gear
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 23:45   #32
SuperHog

I started off with a drop leg because it does look cool. It becomes a pain as it flops around when you run. As Brian said, when you crawl around, the pistol becomes a dirt digger.

My pistol is now on my my vest and couldn't be happier.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:43   #33
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
I switched recently to a holster that sits on my battle belt over my hip. I love the ease of access and re-holstering. I love being able to crawl around freely and not worrying if my mag has fallen out of my pistol because I rubbed against something the wrong way. Granted, my holster being a soft holster that is always a possibility, however a lot less likely.
Old May 31st, 2013, 14:35   #34
Donster

Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference between Shellback Tactical and Tactical Assault Gear? As far as I know, they both sell the Banshee?
Old May 31st, 2013, 15:53   #35
HackD

FWIW as a cheap-mans solution..

I started out with the usual Condor ambidextrous holster, laced up to a molle leg panel. Didn't like that for aforementioned issues. I am left handed, but haven't really made the effort to source a Safariland or similar. Not as common to find as right handed, obviously.

I took the McGyver approach - I had a holster belt loop assembly (nothing else), and having a spare saturday afternoon, drilled out a 1/16" aluminium backing plate to lace the molle holster to, and Bob's your uncle.

It's an M9, so a reasonably heavy pistol, but the whole thing is rigid enough it isn't going anywhere or wandering, and it sits high up enough on the belt, and adequately clears my chest rig on the side - no interference.

Most likely there is better, but this homebrew method is working for me right now.

HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:33   #36
Donster

For those that were curious. Banshee arrived today. Just toyed with it a bit. Quality of workmanship is impressive for the price, but I can see where they skimped on some features to bring the price point down.

Won't affect longevity or performance, but there were some features my Eagle PC had that I wish my banshee had.

As for riding high, it DOES ride higher than my Eagle, but not as much as I would have liked. I guess I just have a short upper body. Good news is that my blast belt is usable, albeit with some contact between the vest and the belt.

Curious to know how the SKD PIG would ride. If anyone has that PC and would like to chime in, I will award you 10 internets.
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:24   #37
Donster

I emailed SKD. Got this back in return for those interested:

Quote:
The Banshee rides up slightly higher the PIG however either should clear your blast belt, no problem. I know the PIG was specifically designed to be up high, both for proper placements and to be used with a battle belt.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 22:00   #38
SuperHog

anyone fitted a Serpa holster onto the G Code wheel?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:56   #39
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not sure if the screws line up at all I just use the BH QD ring
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:33   #40
w1lp33

You can get an adapter that fits serpas and allows them to be used with a g-code rti wheel. You can find it at tacticalholsters.com, g-codes website.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/prod...ies/GCA41.html

Last edited by w1lp33; January 23rd, 2014 at 11:44..
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion