Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hello from Germany

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 13th, 2012, 13:57   #1
Lubba

Hello from Germany

Hey guys,

im Lubba and im from Bavaria, Germany. The reason why I registered in this forum is that I will do something called "work and travell" in Canada after i passed my finals. I love to play airsoft but in
Germany its really hard to open up a site to play because there are so many conditions by law that have to be fullfilled that it would be really expensive to run a site. Since Im 18 years old i drive with my teammates over the border into czech republic and take part in the OPs that are happening there.
I will go to Canada in the beginning of august, and when im there i would really love to go on playing airsoft. Since you Canadians have a really gunowner-friendly law I thought that playing airsoft in Canada should be no problem. But what i have read during my google research concerning this topic shows me that there arent that many airsoft sites in Canada and airsoft guns are handled much more carefull by law than firearms. Is that true?
Ill arive in Toronto, and ive already looked up on google maps if there are any airsoft sites in toronto, but all ive found were some retailers for airsoft grenades and a place called mach1airsoft. mach1airsoft shows "upcoming events" but there are no events listed. Is it hard to find spots to play some games in Canada, especially in toronto?

Regards

PS: And Im sorry for every spelling/ grammar mistake you can find above. One of the reasons why I go to Canada is to improve my english.
Lubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 14:03   #2
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Hi, you're are the first person that I've ever heard call Canada " gun friendly". Airsoft in Canada is a very strange creature, however it is available now, and can be purchased online at Canadian sites. You will have no problems finding a game in Toronto.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 14:12   #3
Lubba

Thanks for the quick reply. Once ive seen someone complaining in a youtube comment or so that people in canada can carry around their firearms just like in some states of the US but arent allowed to own airsoftguns. Compared to what you are saying it seems like the guy had no idea what he was talking about.

Okay and what do the sites in toronto look like? Can you say that? Are those sites mostly CQB or are there also some playgrounds on the outside with woods and stuff? I searched google for information about that but the only thing ive found was some information about outdoor stores in toronto and one site called "mach1airsoft.com", and these guys had a list of upcoming airsoft events and there were no such events listed, so I thought that there wouldnt be that much games.

Regards
Old May 13th, 2012, 14:19   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I am not in Toronto, but I know they have both indoor and outdoor facilities.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 14:28   #5
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

For upcoming events your best bet is the Ontario game section on this very site! Airsoft Canada is pretty much your one stop for airsoft in Canada.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 14:29   #6
Lubba

Whoops, didnt see that section of the forum yet. Thanks mate!

Regards
Old May 13th, 2012, 18:01   #7
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Jo. dös is awer vei guat, dass de uns a emoi b'suchan tats.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:59   #8
Lubba

I denk a das des a fetzn gaudi werd. Habts ia kanäidians au so sachen wie an scheifala oda a schwoanslendle? Wos da baua ned kennts frissda a ned, i kom nämli au aus baiän. Wennst woast wos i ma.

Grüsle
Old May 14th, 2012, 19:11   #9
Porkchop

A gä, a solchers Glump mecherts hera zu Lande aba ned. De Leit san ebend mehr ufn Steak vom Rindsvieh aus

Old May 14th, 2012, 20:14   #10
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubba View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Once ive seen someone complaining in a youtube comment or so that people in canada can carry around their firearms just like in some states of the US but arent allowed to own airsoftguns. Compared to what you are saying it seems like the guy had no idea what he was talking about.

Regards
The person who made that youtube comment was either making an exaggeratedly sarcastic comment, or was high at the time.

There is no carrying of real-steel weapons to be had for Canadian citizens in public. Firearms are pretty tightly controlled, just to be able to own - and the privilege to own can be both hard to earn, and to keep. Gun-culture is somewhat more liberal in the west of Canada, but in tight-ass Ontario, and in the Toronto area particularly so, guns are generally equated with evil-doers!

As long as you are 18+ and are responsible with your airsoft, and treat/transport it as if was a real-steel weapon - then you should have absolutely no issues with one - there is no government regulation or licensing requirements of airsoft weapons, once they've been imported into Canada. Do not try to import one into Canada yourself, unless you know what you are doing.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 20:42   #11
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
A gä, a solchers Glump mecherts hera zu Lande aba ned. De Leit san ebend mehr ufn Steak vom Rindsvieh aus
my German is by no means good, but i only recognize a few of those words. is that german, or is my German really that bad?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 20:51   #12
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
my German is by no means good, but i only recognize a few of those words. is that german, or is my German really that bad?
I see what you mean, I'm wondering if it's some plattdeutsch accent?

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 21:28   #13
Porkchop

That is my left-over Bavarian (boarisch)from my time as a "consultant" to the German Airforce. I was in Erding.

Anyhow, Lubba, lots of Airsoft in the Toronto Area. You'll have to check if you can hitch a ride in the Ontario section.
And yeah, compared to Germany Canada is gunowner friendly, except we compare ourselves to Americans here and not to Europeans. By that measure, things are not so good.

Old May 14th, 2012, 22:54   #14
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
+1 I just finish 200 level German in University and thought it was another language. If you speak it phonetically it makes more sense.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:54   #15
Lubba

Thanks guys, now Im looking forward to play a few games overseas .

Quote:
+1 I just finish 200 level German in University and thought it was another language. If you speak it phonetically it makes more sense.
Haha, Porkchop is right, thats bavarian written the way we would pronounce it here. And Erding is a nice town near munich and home of the wonderfull "Erdinger Weiße" (its a beerbrand)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank