Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

UN Company raided by Hong Kong Police

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2013, 19:45   #31
Chiba

Noveske - I met up with the guy before

This thread is starting to get alittle diluted on what can and cannot be done from Hong Kong.

The point of this thread was to let people know of what's going on and how it may affect them.
Old April 30th, 2013, 01:06   #32
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Haha Chiba Thats cool Yes noveske is my older brother!!, as for UNco he said that as far as he knows there is no Police tape around the area and does not know for sure whether it is going to open again or not. when he saw it it was pretty late at night after a night out and he was passing through. WIll post news when he lets me know in a week or two whether its going to be open or not.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:51   #33
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Haha Chiba Thats cool Yes noveske is my older brother!!, as for UNco he said that as far as he knows there is no Police tape around the area and does not know for sure whether it is going to open again or not. when he saw it it was pretty late at night after a night out and he was passing through. WIll post news when he lets me know in a week or two whether its going to be open or not.
Are you talking about the actual retail store location on whether or not it will re-open or the website?

I e-mailed them and they confirmed with me that business is going on as usual.
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:28   #34
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Are you talking about the actual retail store location on whether or not it will re-open or the website?

I e-mailed them and they confirmed with me that business is going on as usual.
Chances are that they are probably going to open up again, since there is no police tape around the retail store. I meant the retail store LOL....I'll ask my brother to see whats up with UN for now. not sure when their retail store is opening up again but if their website operations are still running than chances they might be but still too soon to say
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
Old April 30th, 2013, 18:31   #35
SuperHog

Although the police seized 742 guns, I doubt UN owns that inventory. Since it is a shared warehouse with King Arms, these guns have not been sold and at any point will need to be modified for export depending on the country it is headed for. Did it say in the news that UN is selling all guns over 465fps?

It is kind of saying the Evike has illegal guns in part of their warehouse without "orange" tips, and not saying it has been converted for export to Canada.
Old April 30th, 2013, 20:39   #36
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
It is kind of saying the Evike has illegal guns in part of their warehouse without "orange" tips, and not saying it has been converted for export to Canada.

Guns can't be legally exported out of the US without the orange tips. Please don't confuse the issues, specially if you aren't up to speed on the specifics.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:35   #37
Moss

UN Retail is open for business.

I am in HK, I can confirm.

You will need to wait till the trial ends for them to be shuttered I think, as there is a lot of interpretation of law and compliance or non-compliance that needs to be established before anyone is found guilty. UN is a long established company with a good reputation. Having dealt with them a lot over the past three months I can assure you they are well aware of the law and wouldn't sell any gun firing over the limit knowingly. THough negligence isn't a defense, it may gain them some sympathy from the judge.

Hong Kong is a land of law and order after all.
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:54   #38
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

depending on how the law is worded, it could be perfectly legal for those guns to be over 2J if they were meant for export.

in japan they have the 1J limitation as a law (before it's considered a firearm I think), but stores that have a special permit/license for exportation can legally modify a TM gun to shoot over that 1J limit for export customers only. The catch is that international customers have to provide the parts to do that, since I believe even the parts are hard to get in japan since there's no market for >1J guns.

HK though is a different story, so we'll have to wait for the details to emerge, and then trial before anything specific is known.
Old May 1st, 2013, 13:12   #39
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
depending on how the law is worded, it could be perfectly legal for those guns to be over 2J if they were meant for export.

in japan they have the 1J limitation as a law (before it's considered a firearm I think), but stores that have a special permit/license for exportation can legally modify a TM gun to shoot over that 1J limit for export customers only. The catch is that international customers have to provide the parts to do that, since I believe even the parts are hard to get in japan since there's no market for >1J guns.

HK though is a different story, so we'll have to wait for the details to emerge, and then trial before anything specific is known.
That is the comment I was saying above when I was comparing Evike to UN. Evike has prepped none orange tipped guns for export to Canada which are not for local sale. Some kid get charged for a gun bought from Evike with and now has no orange tip, and Evike gets nailed for the Canadian inventory.

Same reason, a lot of guns in HK are being exported and these could be ones upgraded in advance for export. Kids in HK that buy the 1J guns then upgrade it to above 2J and is caught shooting unsuspecting people, mislead the police into thinking that the export 2J inventory is being sold locally. The kids that are caught tell the police that they bought the guns already with the 2J+. You can understand why the TM VSR10 has factory pinned the cylinder.

Last edited by SuperHog; May 1st, 2013 at 13:19..
Old May 1st, 2013, 14:40   #40
DeathSniper
Hibernating Bear

Send a message via ICQ to DeathSniper Send a message via AIM to DeathSniper Send a message via MSN to DeathSniper Send a message via Skype™ to DeathSniper
You do not need an orange tip for Canadian Airsoft guns.
SF - "Neal! You are the one!"
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand