Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2009, 14:54   #106
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I did catch one in the act last year when I got my SAW. I saw him pull up to the driveway. He went into the back of his van, then back into his van, back in the van, and was writing. He then walked up to my mailbox with a slip in hand. I confronted him at the door and he said he had knocked but got no answer. Lying bastard...
EXACTELY!!

I was home all day and the "No Answer" slip was put in my street postal mail boxes later on the day. I did not even hear a peep, knock, or anyone rustling in my door way. Lazy guys for sure

Old April 22nd, 2009, 15:15   #107
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
EXACTELY!!

I was home all day and the "No Answer" slip was put in my street postal mail boxes later on the day. I did not even hear a peep, knock, or anyone rustling in my door way. Lazy guys for sure
Welcome to service by the lowest bidder contractors...
Old April 22nd, 2009, 15:17   #108
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve View Post
EXACTELY!!

That has happened to me more times than I care to count. The only way I got my gun when that didn't happen was when they left it on the doorstep

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 22nd, 2009, 15:30   #109
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Its been so long since I remember they use to knock on my door and we sign it there, now it feels like it was only a dream that CP would come to the door

Old April 22nd, 2009, 15:48   #110
Metninja

Happened to me today, was at home waiting for a package finally released from customs, hit refresh on my tracking and sure enough, delivery attempt failed. Now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to pick it up at the post office.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 16:38   #111
Moderate

Now that I think about it...all of my most recent large AEG purchases have gone directly to the post office and I've "missed" all of them at the door. CP will ring the doorbell if it is a small package, but if it is a big package they'll just leave a slip.

It's hard in my house to watch out the window, I live on the second and third floor of a 3-story house...and my room is on the side of the house and my roommates rooms face the front street. I can watch from upstairs on the third floor but then I have to run down 2 sets of stairs to get to the door (very steep, slippery, wooden stairs)...by the time I get to the front door the guy may have gone.

It's just an inconvenience to have to walk 2km to the post office, and not the closest post office either...the closest post office is like 2-3 blocks away...and wait until the end of the day to get my package. I pay good money to have these things delivered to my door so I can get them within a reasonable amount of time.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 16:55   #112
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Same for me. Small packages the guy rings the bell. Anything large I just get a failed delivery notice or in the last instance. He left my package on my lawn in a storm.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 18:36   #113
Moderate

Got to the post office, awhile after 17:00, and they hadn't put all of the packages into the system yet...so I had to wait while she tried to match the long delivery notice card number to the one on the side of the parcels...then I pointed out my package (the one with my name in giant bold letters). Finally got my package, and since I had already found the reporting function online, I didn't bother to ask there...

Gun is safe and sound, and very very cool.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 21:58   #114
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

oh ya and also when you call CP to complain about that BS, the guy that is answering you sound like if he was freakin stoned and doesn't give a F*** about your problem....
Old April 24th, 2009, 15:20   #115
Moderate

I got an e-mail reply, and two phone calls about my concerns I sent in...from different people too. Sounds like they're going to tell their drivers to actually ring door bells, although I doubt that many of them will if they've been lazing around for so long already. Canada Post needs to audit (secretly) their drivers.
Old April 24th, 2009, 15:35   #116
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
I did the same thing in Hamilton. Asked the woman at the store what I could do, she wrote down a number to call (it was the HQ downtown in Hamilton). So I called them up and explained and they said they would find out who was on that route and tell them that there were complaints that packages weren't being brought to the door.
Next time I had a package, he came to the door and knocked and rang the doorbell and waited for a bit till I got to the door. Same guy.
Old April 24th, 2009, 18:22   #117
BlackRain

Just had CP loose a package on me... kicker is it was priority post next morning delivery. How does one loose a priority guaranteed next day delivery package? So now my systema gear box, magnum motor & tight bore barrel are kicking around in postal limbo somewhere. Good thing I bought the extra insurance on it... someone is going to be getting some serious shit when they have to pay out for it thats for sure.

We are not the masks we wear, .... But when we don them we become them!
Old April 24th, 2009, 18:41   #118
Moderate

I was supposed to get a package today, but it never showed up. Today was the listed standard delivery date...but no package, no slip, nothing.
Old April 24th, 2009, 23:26   #119
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
those standard delivery dates are off about 2-3 days usually for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
Old June 24th, 2009, 23:00   #120
Sgt.Marshell

Sorry about bringing this up from the dead of almost two months, but I am purchasing a M1 Garand from Ehobby http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/marushin-...nd-tanker.html and this will be my first time. Could someone tell me what I should do to try and somewhat avoid this, since you guys have experiance with this, could you help me out ?. I will be ordering later this week as far as I know at the moment.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General