People who want CF kit (non-surplus)

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 10th, 2010, 11:36   #46
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
LOL..I feel bad now...

I have every single piece of kit I am supposed to have as an Infantryman. Right down to the gas mask.

Our regiment has already been sized for the new ruck and we are getting them before the summer training cycle at Meaford. That seems to be a double edged sword however as they are apparently 15 lbs empty and HUGE.

Allot of our guys are deployed and have deployed over the last few ROTO's.

With IBTA, PWT 1, 2, 3 and 4 as well as regular BFT's, I don't see how an infantry trade could even stay current on BASIC skills without a tacvest, regardless of how much they suck.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:07   #47
Roguer

Hey Kylem_8, i wouldnt really complain about who has the MSVS right now, the whole fleet is grounded, no one can use them. And i love the ML, you get your hands on a good working one, and do proper maint on it, it will take care of you.

As for the new ruck's, so far only reserve combat units get them right now. And the new rucks, they are huge, but if fitted properly, you can haul alot of gear in them and barely feel it.

BUT, i hate usin them on BFT's, the waist strap kinda sucks. Its great for arty guys (we have trucks to carry them ), but ive seen alot of infantry guys stick with jump rucks over the new ones.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:34   #48
kylem_8

Send a message via MSN to kylem_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Hey Kylem_8, i wouldnt really complain about who has the MSVS right now, the whole fleet is grounded, no one can use them. And i love the ML, you get your hands on a good working one, and do proper maint on it, it will take care of you.

As for the new ruck's, so far only reserve combat units get them right now. And the new rucks, they are huge, but if fitted properly, you can haul alot of gear in them and barely feel it.

BUT, i hate usin them on BFT's, the waist strap kinda sucks. Its great for arty guys (we have trucks to carry them ), but ive seen alot of infantry guys stick with jump rucks over the new ones.

Ya i actually just heard that the new MSVS catches fire or something because of its breaks.... not sure if that entirely true of not.

I agree that the MLVW would be a good vehicle IF I could actually drive one that IS in good working order haha. Hopefully some of the vehicles im driving this summer in meaford are fixed or else the battle school is rucking it the entire time lol. But off-roading in the ML is awsome... that thing can go anywhere.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:38   #49
Roguer

its due to a wiring problem is what ive been hearing. Nice big ol comfy truck by the looks of it, but yea, gotta wait for that to be sorted out before i can get qualified on it. and if you want a ML in good working order, be prepared to do alot of the work yourself.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:48   #50
kylem_8

ya... screw that ahah... i'll let Meaford Transport do the work for me. Last time I was up there they were actually VERY helpful
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:51   #51
Roguer

oh they can be. but a good driver always does maint on their vehicle, moreso than that they are supposed to be. because transport wont always be there in the field to help you.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:56   #52
kylem_8

agreed
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:25   #53
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

Kokanee,

If the CADPAT boot is only a trial please explain why the entire 1 R22R Battle Group (TF 3-10) in Valcartier had them issued, because that quite a large fielding test for the CF.
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 14:38   #54
Crunchmeister

Interesting enough, I was in at our local surplus store on Friday to get some new boots, and they have a nice stack of about 10 pairs of brand new, unissued CADPAT AR pants on the shelf, as well as some almost new condition matching shirts. Seems like they have a nice inside source for product.
Old May 10th, 2010, 15:38   #55
SnipersVenom

Send a message via MSN to SnipersVenom
yeah Blackthorne my unit got sized for the new rucks to but then its bin this that and the next thing as to why we havnt gotten them yet, and honestly im not lookin forward to it either lol considering the bad reviews ive heard about it. and for the new AR cadpat stuff it doesnt surprise me one bit you finding it Crunch most places find some way to get their hands on new shit off the back of the truck so to speak.
Old May 10th, 2010, 20:26   #56
ptescrewby

yeah we finally got new raingear too about 5 months after they told us we were getting it.....i knew guys on DP1A infantry that still had 82 pt web gear and had to fight to get the tv from the meaford rq
ptescrewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 19:07   #57
Roguer

ive seen a couple of people put the waist band around the tacvest, and its worked just fine.
Old May 13th, 2010, 13:37   #58
NovaKaynE

Not sure about anyone else, but for me, in order to get the CADPAT raingear, you need to be at least SQ qualified or have a year of service under your belt.

Supply is awesome. I think "piss soldiers off" is part of their work instruction. This IS the military. We will one day have to destroy something for real. Why keep us happy and supplied when they can keep us angry and more prone to fawking shit up.

On a good note, I actually got a small pack finally.
Old May 13th, 2010, 13:49   #59
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaKaynE View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but for me, in order to get the CADPAT raingear, you need to be at least SQ qualified or have a year of service under your belt.

Supply is awesome. I think "piss soldiers off" is part of their work instruction. This IS the military. We will one day have to destroy something for real. Why keep us happy and supplied when they can keep us angry and more prone to fawking shit up.

On a good note, I actually got a small pack finally.
Hey let's say that clerk actually gave you the last one of anything and then RSM came in right after you and wanted one also, how would that clerk feel?
Old May 13th, 2010, 14:06   #60
pugs144

The Small Pack is pretty much only good for carrying books and holding your pens when you’re on course. It’s like they took a Kifaru Zulu, shrunk it, and made it suck. Assault/day packs should at least be half-clamshell openings so you can get at stuff when you need it RIGHT NOW.

RAID or Kiffy Marauder FTW.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion