Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Madbull UAV?

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old March 25th, 2010, 20:53   #31
D.Kovacs

but the fact that the parrot auto adjusts to sta level and on course helps a lot, especially if you had it tracking you, then you could have it work hands free, or have it hoer above an objective so someone can keep their eye on it at all times. Imagine sniping, and having a little screen that shows you and 25feet aound you, would be pretty hard to sneak up on you, if you had a proper position.
D.Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:14   #32
VooDooPeteK

More has been released on this and the quality looks fantastic....

YouTube- MADBULL UAV (UAS) Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle (System)

BUT it comes at a price....

"Quote:
Simon from MadBull sent in this very interesting piece of news. Anyone on the market for a UAV, just a bit longer and you'll be able to buy one of the shelf. A pricey one, but an UAV none the less:

This baby will be released in the end of 2010. It is not a toy. It is semi-military grade UAV controlled by GPS.

The remote's screen will show the stream video from the UAV. GPS control.

More detail function release soon. MSRP: 15K USD. (I know it is not cheap…but consider it is a semi-military grade UAV, it’s cheap.) Designed by our EE engineers. (Yong Jiou Labs) A brother company of MadBull."
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:40   #33
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

That's a lot of cash for a civilian type UAV, but it does look pretty amazing.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:24   #34
doc_pathfinders

umm, 15 thousand dollars, but the quality of that footage and the stability makes me stop and think...

no, must resist...

can it take a chin turret ?

-- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942.

Adolph hitler supports gun control.. Do you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
doc_pathfinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:33   #35
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Nice, now the Zeta can use UAVs to help fight the Feds.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:19   #36
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
My friends and I (who are R/C aeroplane flyers) have discussed the possibility of airsoft UAVs.

We've concluded 2 things: 1) You WILL have some jackass shoot at it, regardless of rules, and
2) cost vs. practicality/usability. Always seems to be weighted too far in the cost side to really be usable.
What is needed are some MilSim games to a scale that would give such UAV's practicality; take a long drawn out 12-16 hour game at a field like RAWDON in Quebec. To observe and track movement in the field and relay that information to units in the field to a point where it would be useful takes a scale of maturity in process and procedures, frame work and really the ability to operate with that much technology and information at your disposal.

It’s a really nice looking idea no doubt, but you’re way beyond pickup shinny skirmishes at that point. I know however there is no doubt that if you posted roles like ‘comms officer’ and ‘intel officer’ at the next MilSim game and essentially lay out that they would be doing base operations to support units in the field, there would be a lot of takers.

Again – it’s all to scale. To most it would be just too much; most just want to suit up, run and gun and log off before dinnertime…
Old August 31st, 2010, 23:02   #37
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I think the cost side could come down pretty fast. I don't think Madbull is engineering the vehicle. It looks like a lot of the RC toys coming up for sale at around $150. Remote TV stuff is also coming up pretty cheap from China.

http://www.raidentech.com/hewicaco13da.html

Now, the helicopter isn't as stable as the multi rotor dingus that Madbull is using, but there are many other devices like that. $220 isn't much for such a neat toy.

A UAV would be an interesting thing a CO could "buy" with kill tokens. Maybe it could be purchased from the game org for one battery's worth of flying. It should come with a trained pilot so we don't have to worry so much about it getting crashed. Ooh it might open up neat ways to "shoot" it down. Say if you can hit the thing with a bright light from a narrowly focused HID flashlight you can score a RPG kill on it. It'd look like a temporary burn in bloom on the camera.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 00:00   #38
tehfata

Another neat alternative: http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa saw it on attack of the show today; it's for a remote control "video game" but it's essentially a UAV w/camera, controlled by an iphone. don't know about range or battery life, but neat nevertheless, and a possible, affordable alternative
tehfata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 00:29   #39
Short Round
Najohn

Do I have to get 3 Kills or a Care Package to get a UAV during games???

Any use of an airbourne object hovering in the sky would result in it being lit up by everyone, I know I'd empty my high cap into it.
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:00   #40
doc_pathfinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Any use of an airbourne object hovering in the sky would result in it being lit up by everyone, I know I'd empty my high cap into it.
and ZIS is vei vee kant haf nice thingz!

but on a serious note, i wouldn't trust that some numpty doesn't shoot down a $200 UAV, let alone anthing like 15k..

but that madbull UAV looks like it can hover much higher then a bb can reach (video shows it above a wind-farm generator (forget the name) and they're not short!)

-- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942.

Adolph hitler supports gun control.. Do you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
doc_pathfinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:54   #41
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_pathfinders View Post

but on a serious note, i wouldn't trust that some numpty doesn't shoot down a $200 UAV, let alone anthing like 15k..

but that madbull UAV looks like it can hover much higher then a bb can reach (video shows it above a wind-farm generator (forget the name) and they're not short!)
Yea really would that be a kick in the balls

"Hey guys check this out" next thing you know it smashed and needs 5K in repairs from being shot down lol.

Although like you said it looks like you still get good quality is still good from that high.

Guess we wont really know until someone ponies up the 15K price tag to play with it.

whats next on there list? predator drones? Tanks? IEDs?
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:04   #42
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPeteK View Post

whats next on there list? predator drones? Tanks? IEDs?
EMPs, AC 130s, and Blackhawk's equipped with nukes actually
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:07   #43
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
EMPs, AC 130s, and Blackhawk's equipped with nukes actually
LOL

funny cause your local field has an RC field right across the street and there is always planes buzzing around
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:35   #44
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPeteK View Post
LOL

funny cause your local field has an RC field right across the street and there is always planes buzzing around
lol really!?!? hmm
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:45   #45
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
lol really!?!? hmm
Yea and I don't know how many times I hear " I am gonna shoot one down one day" at our local games lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand