Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Red Dot Sight Connection issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 16th, 2012, 19:42   #1
kullwarrior

Red Dot Sight Connection issue

Does anyone know how to fix a clone Aimpoint M4 red dot sight? I bought one got a lemon where the optic would turn it self off (within 3 seconds to 3 minutes) or reduce brightness (a knock on the optic would restore it)

I'm fairly certain one of the soldering was not done well thus the connection is having issue.
Old October 16th, 2012, 20:38   #2
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
I bought one got a lemon
return it?

I have a clone that the intensity does not change, but it's several years old, second hand and seen a lot of rainy/snowy games.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:30   #3
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Does anyone know how to fix a clone Aimpoint M4 red dot sight? I bought one got a lemon where the optic would turn it self off (within 3 seconds to 3 minutes) or reduce brightness (a knock on the optic would restore it)

I'm fairly certain one of the soldering was not done well thus the connection is having issue.
All the bits are in the battery tube. Good luck pulling all out without more damage, and then fitting it all back.

Unless you CANNOT return it, or bought a boneyard item, return it.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 23:20   #4
Chiba

I have the same issue with a G&P aimpot type reddot. I found out that the battery cover + the steel cap was not screwed on tightly enough and would slowly loosen during play.

What I did was use pliers to tighten the cover instead of fingers~

Hopefully this is your issue instead of the soldering. Otherwise you have to get a new reddot.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:35   #5
Aper
E-30

Quote:

I have the same problem. I have a Perfect M2 Aimpoint bought from AirsoftDepot.

It's maybe just the batteries that are becoming weak, I have yet to check mine; I know this kind of issue happened with my old Reflex sight back in the days when the batteries were about to die.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:42   #6
Scrivah

Was this a Deal Xtreme purchase from Hk?
Scrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 13:29   #7
enemybrit

I had the same problem. It was turning on and off and reducing brightness for no reason. What I did was put a piece of flat metal (I had a dean connector around and cut the 'spring' off of it) in the battery compartment so there was a better connection between the end cap and the battery. Hope this helps.
enemybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 15:27   #8
Scrivah

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemybrit View Post
I had the same problem. It was turning on and off and reducing brightness for no reason. What I did was put a piece of flat metal (I had a dean connector around and cut the 'spring' off of it) in the battery compartment so there was a better connection between the end cap and the battery. Hope this helps.
This is a great idea. Using a piece of conductive metal to create a tighter bond. Nice thinking!
Scrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner