Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM g18c weird cycle problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 24th, 2016, 16:47   #1
RiskiestLizard

TM g18c weird cycle problem

So recently my stock marui g18c has stopped cycling on full auto. on semi it works fine and chrono's right around 300, where it always has. When i put it on full auto with an empty mag in and hold down the slide release it will rattle off all the gas in the mag with no issues at all, but as soon as i put bbs in the mag it wont cycle. it wont cock the hammer or load another bb, it just fires the one in the chamber, with the VERY occasional second shot and stops. On semi it works just fine... i have taken apart the slide and i cant see anything that is obviously snapped.... help?
RiskiestLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 01:22   #2
Red62

How old is your pistol? how long ago has the problem started? Are there any modded parts to your gun such as different hoppup and how long ago did you swap them?
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 02:13   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskiestLizard View Post
So recently my stock marui g18c has stopped cycling on full auto. on semi it works fine and chrono's right around 300, where it always has. When i put it on full auto with an empty mag in and hold down the slide release it will rattle off all the gas in the mag with no issues at all, but as soon as i put bbs in the mag it wont cycle. it wont cock the hammer or load another bb, it just fires the one in the chamber, with the VERY occasional second shot and stops. On semi it works just fine... i have taken apart the slide and i cant see anything that is obviously snapped.... help?
Sorry, can clarify something? "Rattle off the gas"? Are you implying that there's a moving part that's broken or that the gas is being released by a moving part when releasing the slide?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 05:38   #4
RiskiestLizard

The pistol is completely stock there are no modifications at all. I bought the pistol brand new on the 9th of September so its about 5 months old. and by rattle off all the gas i mean that it will: fire, the slide will blow back, the hammer will cock, the slide will return, and the gun will fire. basically the pistol will do exactly what it was designed to do on full auto until the magazine is out of green gas.
Old February 25th, 2016, 05:39   #5
RiskiestLizard

There is no rattle and the mags dont leak at all. The problem began about 3 weeks to a month ago, i have fielded the pistol 3 times after i first noticed the issue
Old February 25th, 2016, 18:04   #6
ox56

Same thing happend with my cousins glock 18 is there anything odd on the hammer rotor
ox56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:23   #7
RiskiestLizard

SOO... I think my hammer rotor is missing completely.... ill upload a pic of my hammer group so someone can confirm but i think there should be a piece attached to the side of the hammer itself correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hammer 2.jpg (735.6 KB, 9 views)
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:26   #8
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

How does a hammer rotor go missing? Did you put the gun in the wash and then pull it out and the rotor wasn't there like a missing sock?
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:29   #9
ox56

Maybe its in the slide? Cause i highly doubt it would come out untill you take the slide off
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:40   #10
RiskiestLizard

honestly i have no idea... i have had the slide off a few times for routine lubing. the rotor is not anywhere around the bench. unless its in the back of my car or smushed into the ground at my local field. thanks for the help ppl i would not have thought to look at the hammer itself let alone thinking a part would just fall off
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:41   #11
ox56

Are you meaning on the hammer or on the side of the housing indiana cause that seems a little vague
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:41   #12
RiskiestLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
if memory serves, there should be a small metal piece, long with a angled nub on the end, supported by a small spring that loves to jump away when you take out the internals of the gun, looks like its missing
yea i removed that one before taking the picture. i know what arm spring combo u are referring to.
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:46   #13
ox56

If i knew where to find a replacement i would help but i can only seem to find parts for a glock 17 unless you go we and they dont work together
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:49   #14
RiskiestLizard

i can find them for "marui g series" is there a rotor on the g17 as well. if so are they the same?
Old February 26th, 2016, 04:53   #15
ox56

Not even close the glock 17 is a solid wheel where as the 18c is an oblong shape
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner