Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

For New ASC Traders: How to submit Trade Rating Feedback and use iTrader

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 10th, 2017, 01:08   #1
Kozure

For New ASC Traders: How to submit Trade Rating Feedback and use iTrader

Being new here, I wanted to try to figure out how to leave trader feedback without asking too many questions. Unfortunately, it's not super-intuitive. That said, it isn't too hard either. So, for all my fellow newcomers to ASC, I thought I'd document the process.

First of all, the "trader rating" button immediately underneath the user name may not work. It doesn't for me, and it apparently doesn't for some others.
  1. Click on their username in the sale thread. A small drop-down menu appears. Click on "View Public Profile"
  2. You will see their profile. Click on the tab that says "Trade rating"
  3. On this tab, click on the link that says "View Complete Feedbacks for [USERNAME]"
  4. You will see a new page which shows 'iTrader Profile'. Click on the "Submit Feedback For [USERNAME]"
  5. Fill out the form. Be as complete as you can - besides the positive/negative/neutral rating, filling in a link to the sale thread plus additional feedback can be helpful!
There, now you've left feedback. The other participant will get a notification of your feedback, and hopefully they will leave feedback for you. Hurray - one big happy Airsoft family, right?

Good luck and good trading!
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:10   #2
BloodSport
Traveling Man

hmm good to know that feature is not working, getting IT on it asap to fix, the trader rating button will be fixed again soon and that is the easiest way to leave feedback.

On a site note I notice you are not AV'd and most of our sales/buy sections are age restricted, please ensure that the trader rating system is being used for transactions done only on these forums.
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:31   #3
Okawesome

Thanks for bringing this up! The Trader Rating link was broken for me too - I thought it was just me, so I also figured out the workaround that Kozure just posted.

And yes, getting AV'ed is really worth the effort
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:30   #4
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
hmm good to know that feature is not working, getting IT on it asap to fix, the trader rating button will be fixed again soon and that is the easiest way to leave feedback.

On a site note I notice you are not AV'd and most of our sales/buy sections are age restricted, please ensure that the trader rating system is being used for transactions done only on these forums.
My AV is pending - I have met with a qualified Toronto-area age verifier and he took down my information and was very careful to let me know it will take a little while - I know these things take time because it's all volunteer work, so I'm not complaining about it at all. Perhaps he's even submitted to you already. I have no idea - again, I know this is a labour of love for all of you, so I'm just biding my time!

For the record, it was easy - found the AV closest to me, arranged a time, and went. Took a grand total of 20 minutes, including travel, verification and conversation about a few upcoming events! No trouble at all, at least in the GTA. It happened that the geographically closest AV was on a busy schedule in the time period that I emailed him. I could have gone to a retailer-based AV and was about to, but then he became available.

I only rated transactions done on the forums for non-age-restricted items such as ACUs, LBE and the like. I am not buying anything from age-restricted forums, nor am I rating any trades done outside the forum.

For troubleshooting assistance, the error message when I click on the "Trader Rating" link underneath the avatar image/user name is:

"Not Found

The requested URL /classifieds/member.php was not found on this server."

I've tried clicking on multiple users and it's always the same message.

Last edited by Kozure; May 10th, 2017 at 11:45..
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:56   #5
BloodSport
Traveling Man

yea I get the same error just have had not had the need to leave any for a bit so was not aware till I read this post (for some reason people do not always let us know when something is broken lol), but we are on it now and the link should hopefully be fixed in the next 24 hours.
Old May 10th, 2017, 17:48   #6
Kozure

Hey, look at that, I'm verified! Thanks ASC admins!
Old May 11th, 2017, 16:26   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

So this thread should be named. How to get AV'ed in a hurry. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 16:57   #8
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
So this thread should be named. How to get AV'ed in a hurry. Lol
nah that was just coincidence, but most verifications once submitted by an AV'er are updated within 24 to 48 hours now, so if its been longer then that odds are your rep has not posted yet and you should poke them with a sharp stick or shoot them again on the airsoft field.

*ASC assumes no responsibility if you choose the sharp stick option*
Old June 5th, 2017, 22:11   #9
BloodSport
Traveling Man

took a bit longer then originally expected, but the trader rating button under user names is functional again.
Old June 5th, 2017, 22:40   #10
Fenrir92

When I click the "Trader Rating" link under the user names, it takes me to my own Trader Rating profile. Is this how it's supposed to function? My assumption is it would take me to the user name's Trader Rating, not mine.
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 23:50   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir92 View Post
When I click the "Trader Rating" link under the user names, it takes me to my own Trader Rating profile. Is this how it's supposed to function? My assumption is it would take me to the user name's Trader Rating, not mine.
shit good catch, back to the repair board.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank