Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Magical Mystery tour: common reasons for KSC GLOCKs cycling problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 5th, 2010, 16:38   #16
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
I hate to pipe in here with an issue, but I figure it's on-topic and lots of glock experts will be on this thread, but basically: my new (from classifieds :P) KSC Glock 18c won't cycle back properly. It blows back fine, but 90% of the time won't cycle back properly, getting stuck somewhere in the middle, and venting out all the gas. At first I thought it had to do with the loading nozzle, since it seems like it's a pretty tight fit, and won't spring back smoothly, but now I'm thinking the slide itself may also be involved. Any suggestions? I cleaned it out, checked the parts, it all looks fine, but there's something going on here.

Thanks again, and mods please move if this isn't the right spot.
have you tried with the magazine empty (no BB just gas) (and a finger on the slide catch to keep it cycling) ?
does it cycle properly?

to all: what would a [ proper cycling with empty mag / no cycling with BBs] mean ?
Old March 5th, 2010, 17:03   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I've been having the same issue with both my G19s, still haven't tracked it down (and I've had them apart dozens of times in the past for various reasons, they just decided to stop working at one point....... mind you, they have both seen over 10,000 rounds).

Does it have a metal slide or just the stock one?
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 17:32   #18
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
I've been having the same issue with both my G19s, still haven't tracked it down (and I've had them apart dozens of times in the past for various reasons, they just decided to stop working at one point....... mind you, they have both seen over 10,000 rounds).

Does it have a metal slide or just the stock one?
Mystery GBB problems are a Pain. this has been an issue with your 19's for some time now hasn't it. Too bad I'm in BC I'd offer a second pair of eyes/hands.

as for fixing a non working 18c what you do is take a large piece of paper write down all the part #'s on it then throw a dart start there repeat till fixed. grumble grumble F'ing 18c's

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 00:11   #19
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

Empty mag firing has the same issue. I want to say that it happens less, but I'd just be kidding myself I think.
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:22   #20
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Mystery GBB problems are a Pain. this has been an issue with your 19's for some time now hasn't it. Too bad I'm in BC I'd offer a second pair of eyes/hands.

as for fixing a non working 18c what you do is take a large piece of paper write down all the part #'s on it then throw a dart start there repeat till fixed. grumble grumble F'ing 18c's
I've been fixing Glocks for years, and some of the problems are annoying. But the last batch (mine) have been worse. I actually have three G19s, one is KWA that was given to me since it was unfixable, so I took all three, reduced to a pile of parts, and used the best parts for one gun. Got one working great for a few mags at home, and at the game when I needed it, first shot the slide didn't go into battery and I spewed gas. I gave up after that, bought a fully upgraded FMK KSC Mk23 and love it (have a previous moel I used lots too). And for a reliable compact pistol for my drop leg.......... Crosman C11 NBB. Lol, over powered, but reliable.
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:54   #21
Jimski

it's crazy, I'm getting exactly the same kind of non-logical problems with mine too.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:41   #22
Jimski

now listen to this:
I was getting a low output with a Hi-capa magazine on which a replaced the lip.
Knowing the gun works well, I got fed up with the mag and decided to 'up' the output by unscrewing the output valve as much as I could before leakage.
I got one turn, that must put the valve a fraction of a millimeter higher, and it did the job: the mag now works.

So now I'm going to try that whenever I get not enough output - probably adding a little teflon tape on the beginning of the threading, which will allow the valve to sit a little higher, in order to get more 'hit' from the hammer.
edit: just tried on one G26 mag, didn't work, doing more tests now
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:56   #23
Jimski

more:
it's funny because yesterday my Glock was working perfectly with all the magazines, after I swapped all the internals for others and then back to original.
The things I changed from the original G26 are:
-metal slide
-the springs and rods for heavier slides just fucked the whole thing up and now it's back to stock
-high flow rocket valve (apparently has no effect whatsoever)
-high flow valves on 6 magazines, the seventh with original valve developping exactly the same recoil and working better than with a high flow.

after testing ,re-testing where everything was fine, it sat overnight in its case, magazines were refilled this morning just in case, and re-tested: half of them don't work properly and I get the 'chambered but not cocked' effect again.
Of course all internals are fine.
The hammer bar is a bit loose, even swapped with a brand new one...

so after fiddling a little bit more, I got to the conclusion that the proper tool to make a KSC working properly is a Gandalf

or if he's not available, probably a Mandrake can do:

Last edited by Jimski; March 8th, 2010 at 09:58..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:14   #24
Endus

something I found out with my Glock 32c, is that when that was happening its either a part was not oil'ed correctly after it was cleaned, or something was jammed. Buy some silicone spray, this gets in everywhere like wd40, but it is designed for airsoft guns. oil all the moving parts including the slide. once everything is oil, strip clean it and begin again. if this doesnt work... then ask someone who knows its better then me....
Endus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:58   #25
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

So I've decided to post here because I'm at a loss. I'm almost positive the issue with my KSC Glock 18c is the loading nozzle, I can see it getting stuck, and I want to do something about it. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to detail strip the bloody slide. I took the screw out of the BBU, but I can't figure out how to get the fire selector or the back plate off. Google has offered me nothing, so I came here
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:02   #26
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Remove the rear sight, there is a small set screw under there that holds the selector switch in place.
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:17   #27
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

Yeah, I kept looking on Youtube and the like and I eventually found a set of good disassembly vids, although the presenter is a complete douchehat. So my loading nozzle springs are wonky at each end, and I think I'll have to sand the BBU to get it sit/cycle properly. It's a shame, too, because I always disliked glocks before this, but I find the ergonomics and design to be a real dream. Everything's close to my firing hand, it's light, no corners or bits to snag on gear..... ah well, at least I have a good project gun.

Last edited by Cilantro; March 12th, 2010 at 12:19.. Reason: ineptitude
Cilantro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 13:38   #28
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I love my Glocks for the same reasons.

The nozzle springs are a pain in the ass, always getting bent at one end, and is a royal pain to seat properly, because you see they go in right, and find out later they got bent again somehow.
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:23   #29
Jimski

yeah it's awesome that the glock's got this shape and desing, it goes smoothly when you want to draw it fast to throw it in the next garbage bin. I wonder if they're recyclable...

Yesterday I took it to the game ( in a cold and damp place), the pistol that worked semi-fine at home wen pfrl-prooot-pchhhh on each and every magazines

I'm going to revert all the valves to low flow - it will probably change nothing
Old March 14th, 2010, 17:47   #30
lonesniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
it's crazy, I'm getting exactly the same kind of non-logical problems with mine too.
...thats what she said...
lonesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner