Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Glock 17 hopup upgrade

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2016, 22:37   #1
Slodin
 
Slodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Surrey B.C
WE Glock 17 hopup upgrade

I recently put a new barrel and a nineball bucking in my WE G17, and the I noticed the gun now is not shooting as far as before. (also hopup off = bb roll out of the barrel after being chambered) I cranked the hopup all the way on, and it didn't really matter the bb seems like not applying any hop at all. I did notice when I'm installing the rubber it was a bit off comparing to the stock WE one. (tbh, even before I put the new bucking in, the hopup didn't seem to do much either)

saw a video of someone saying that it's because of the WE hopup chamber is crap and the length of it is off for any TM spec buckings causing problem.

solution is to get a aftermarket TM spec hopup chamber like the maple leaf one with includes a better hopup arm...

is this true?
__________________
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 23:45   #2
uncle_benny12
 
uncle_benny12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
IIRC the TM and WE have different barrel and hop up from each other. I remember trying to put a stock WE rubber on a stock TM inner barrel and it wouldn't fit, I think the rubber was too shallow to properly fit on the barrel.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 00:14   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
I used an AIP chamber and a maple leafed hop up wheel with a modify rubber.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 00:14   #4
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
They are all different but the hop up rubber and barrel should be interchangeable between the two.

The WE Hop Up Chamber is pretty crappy and if you get a chance to upgrade do so

Adjusting the wheel on the WE Hop Up is just junk it doesn't turn and its so stiff.

What you can do is is probably bend the hop up arm a bit to give it more hop. I've had to do this myself on my WE hop up arms.

This is probably my biggest gripe I have with the WE Glock. Luckily its the only real gripe I have with the WE everything else is great

Also just want to add use heavy BBs like 0.30g for better accuracy and range.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 00:19   #5
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I used an AIP chamber and a maple leafed hop up wheel with a modify rubber.
I have this upgrade on one of my Glocks! With an enhanced wheel.. forget the brand but its gold... makes adjusting the hop much smoother and more accurate.

Maple leaf probably best hop up ever!

Also a really good cheap hop up if you can find it in stock is the Stark Arms Hop Up unit. Its dirt cheap probably 6$ USD for both sides of the chambers and it eliminates the stiff wheel issue.

I actually use this hop up on my Primary Gaming Glock
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 00:37   #6
Slodin
 
Slodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Surrey B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
IIRC the TM and WE have different barrel and hop up from each other. I remember trying to put a stock WE rubber on a stock TM inner barrel and it wouldn't fit, I think the rubber was too shallow to properly fit on the barrel.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
ahhh yeah...so a new chamber is the way to go..when i bought the gun i was under the impression it is 100% TM compatible...well while it still is because it still shoots with the new installs..it just wouldn't work well..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I used an AIP chamber and a maple leafed hop up wheel with a modify rubber.
AIP is expensive tho..maple leaf chamber is around 30..while aip is like 60-70

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
They are all different but the hop up rubber and barrel should be interchangeable between the two.

The WE Hop Up Chamber is pretty crappy and if you get a chance to upgrade do so

Adjusting the wheel on the WE Hop Up is just junk it doesn't turn and its so stiff.

What you can do is is probably bend the hop up arm a bit to give it more hop. I've had to do this myself on my WE hop up arms.

This is probably my biggest gripe I have with the WE Glock. Luckily its the only real gripe I have with the WE everything else is great

Also just want to add use heavy BBs like 0.30g for better accuracy and range.
well apparently the TM spec bucking are shorter than the WE ones...so it won't fit correctly...need a TM spec chamber..
and yea, the stock arm/ wheel is so shit..like it doesn't hurt just to remove them lmao..
I do use 0.28 ..it was cheap and I stocked a little too much lol and I'm one of those people who barely shoot..maybe 400rds or less for one day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
I have this upgrade on one of my Glocks! With an enhanced wheel.. forget the brand but its gold... makes adjusting the hop much smoother and more accurate.

Maple leaf probably best hop up ever!

Also a really good cheap hop up if you can find it in stock is the Stark Arms Hop Up unit. Its dirt cheap probably 6$ USD for both sides of the chambers and it eliminates the stiff wheel issue.

I actually use this hop up on my Primary Gaming Glock
that enhanced wheel is also maple leaf..lol
I just can't find a website that has all of them in one place so I can save on shipping..
some has the chamber but not the wheel and some the other way around..

edit: ahh found it together finally...sad they don't carry we m4 replacement parts on this retailer..lol
__________________

Last edited by Slodin; August 30th, 2016 at 01:01..
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 01:04   #7
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I swear I spent around 30$USD on my AIP chamber... it was years ago I forget

Yhaa now that you reminded me the wheel is a Maple Leaf lol.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 01:18   #8
Slodin
 
Slodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Surrey B.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
I swear I spent around 30$USD on my AIP chamber... it was years ago I forget

Yhaa now that you reminded me the wheel is a Maple Leaf lol.
ok, i found AIP for 30USD..
i forgot where i found it to be 60USD...
anyway..i think i would still go for maple leaf tho..cheaper and people say it works..lol
__________________
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 01:22   #9
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Maybe you can link me to the Maple Leaf Chamber.

I have a few more Glocks to upgrade lol
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.