Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

advanced gundoc techniques

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 18th, 2014, 02:00   #16
danhay

Seriously though, check out airsoftmechanics.com - sign up and read read read and read some more. I have learned gobs from lurking on that site and reading everything I can.

That suggestion by ThunderCactus to strive for perfect compression is one of the best things you can do to enhance accuracy and consistency.

Some sort of MOSFET is always a good idea (the old AWS Raptor is a good bet ... or the shiney new BTC Spectre if you can find one in stock). You will greatly extend the life of your trigger contacts and you will get more shots per charge [from your battery]. IMHO, avoid anything active braking because that's rather hard on the motor.

Any lastly, besides a sorbo pad (on the cylinder head to correct angle of engagement), shims (use the bevel to pinion method), viton piston o-ring (remember to lightly grease it with SuperLube), a decent hobup rubber (or optimally an R-Hop) and a high-end inner barrel (Prometheus, PDI), there really isn't any compelling reason to replace the stock internals until you have a reason to (ie. they break). Unless of course you have a G&P with those funky sintered gears that tend to melt ... but that's another story.

BTW - if you didn't understand one or more points in the last paragraph, you haven't spent enough time reading and absorbing on airsoftmechanics!

Last edited by danhay; January 18th, 2014 at 02:03..
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:46   #17
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5HERO View Post
I think alot of people missed the whole point of this thread. Im looking more for teching tips than a parts list as i am just building this gun to get more experienced in the teching area. I already have many indoor guns that function well enough for play. Ive heard of things such as polishing bushings and bearings, "swish cheesing" the piston, removing teeth from gears and pistons and so forth. If i had the time and money i wouldnt be dealing with lower end patts and would probably just pay to have em upgraded and fine tuned, but apperently my fiance thinks that a wedding is more important (women...) I think it would be better to try something new with lower priced parts first and move up to high end once i have the skills and money to do so. I a have signed up for an account on airsoft mechanic. Thank you for sending me their way as that is more what i was looking for.
READ. AIR. SOFT. MECHANICS.

these people are masters at turning shit into gold.
Old January 19th, 2014, 21:15   #18
Chiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
READ. AIR. SOFT. MECHANICS.

these people are masters at turning shit into gold.
I concur. Shit is actually the easiest thing they can turn into gold.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 08:58   #19
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Wrap the end of your hopup rubber with teflon tape for more airseal
Shave the tappet plate slightly to seat the nozzle a bit further in your hopup if needed.

There are many I could list, but most advanced techniques are case by case, just involves looking over your set up, looking for improvements, and doing as little as possible to fix, doing to much may do more harm than good.
Old January 20th, 2014, 09:17   #20
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

How about using continuous lengths of wire and proper heatshrink?
Almost every gun that I've come across that's had a "reputable gun doc" work on it, have had wire haphazardly soldered together and wrapped with electrical tape.

Come on guys, we're better than this.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:15   #21
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

my fav is the semi clear lamp cord jammed in the buffer tube LOL
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:50   #22
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
my fav is the semi clear lamp cord jammed in the buffer tube LOL
That guy's mom wasn't happy when she saw her lamp.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications