Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Pantac 1195J *56K Will Die here*

:

Reviews

Old June 22nd, 2009, 23:05   #1
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Pantac 1195J *56K Will Die here*

The Pantac 1195J is a copy of the LBT 1195J Rifleman/Grenadier H-Gear Vest with Flotation panels. Pantac brings us an affordable rendition of the famous LBT vest. The Original was specifically designed with the NSW Teams in mind. The design is superbly suited to Riverine warfare or anywhere water may be an obstacle.

First Impressions:

Upon opening the package the vest was shipped I was confronted with a huge pile of OD 1000D Cordura nylon. The first thing I noticed was the high quality of workmanship that went into making this rig. The stitching is very tight and straight. The Bar tacks are very strong and will take allot of abuse. Pantac has used UTX snaps and ITW Buckles throughout as well as Milspec webbing and elastic.

The Rig

FRONT
RIGHT
LEFT
REAR

Sizing
This rig is designed for medium to large frame individuals. I am a big guy so this thing fits me perfectly. People who wear anything smaller than a North American Medium might have issues getting this to fit them snugly.
The Pouches
The pouches on this Rig are non removable. In a day and age where Molle vests are the norm this might seem a bit crazy but it works. This is old school gear at its best. There will be no mixing and matching pouches of all sorts with this rig. I like that, simple and effective.
Magazine Pouches

You get 4 Triple mag pouches with this rig. You have the ability to carry 12 M4 style mags up front where you need them. Each mag pouch has an elastic tightener that cinches the mags in nice in tight in either configuration. The front two mag pouches flaps are secured solely with hook and loop while the side two mag pouches are secured with both hook and loop and ITW buckles.

2 mag configuration
3 mag configuration

GP/Dump Pouches

Next in line on both sides there is a GP/Dump pouch. Both can be used as either a GP pouch to carry anything you want or they can be used as a magazine dump pouch. Both pouches come with a removable elastic retainer that allows a magazine to be dropped in without fear of them falling out. These pouches have a plastic stiffener on the front and rear and a drainage grommet on the bottom. The flaps are secured with hook and loop tape.

The Right Side Dump Pouch has a flashlight/magazine pouch on top as well as a pouch on the front for a flashlight or whatever. I honestly don't know what it's designed for but a KAC QD Suppressor fits in there perfectly.

The Left side Dump Pouch has an integrated strobe pouch on the top flap.

Canteen Pouches

You get two(2) canteen pouches that can also hold extra ammo etc. This is where Pantac dropped the ball. On the real Rig LBT put mesh drainage on the bottoms of the pouches as well as an elastic smoke grenade loop. There should also be a cinch cord on the outside but it is not present either. Why did Panatc decid to omit these details all together? Perhaps to keep costs down? I am not sure but I wish they had added these details.

Butt Pack

Large Butt pack with flap secured by two ITW Buckles. There is also two(2) flare pouches, one on either side.

Poncho/Liner retention straps on the inside of the butt pack top flap

Rain/Dirt flap with cinch cord and cord lock.

Shoulder Harness

The shoulder harnesses have 1/4" thick closed cell rigid foam enclosed in the Cordura, Alice clip attatchment points at the front as well as 2" vertical loops running the length of each shoulder strap.

Each shoulder strap is attached at the front via three 1" straps and ITW Nexus ladder Locks.

The back straps secure to the belt with 2" ITW Nexus Tri-glides. Located at the Top is an emergency drag handle that is very well secured. Also Pantac has included an elastic Swim Fin retention Strap. There should be an extra two loops running down the back of the straps in order to move the Swim Fin Retention strap lower.

Sternum Strap

Flotation panels

You get 5 seperate panels with removable closed floam

Belt adjustment
You can adjust the size of the belt by simply loosening or tightening the cord and securing with a cord lock. The locks don't seem to have much strength so a knot is required to ensure they stay where you put them.

Pro's

Quality construction
Price Point
Quality Materials

Con's

Missing some specific details
Sizing for smaller framed individuals

Conclusion

This vest is purely awesome despite some of the missing details. The build quality is top notch and is something I have come to expect from Pantac. I am a self described gear whore and I always enjoy going over a new piece of gear with a fine tooth comb. I have Eagle, Lbt, SOE, TAG you name it hanging in the gear closet and I have no problem using this Rig. It may not be up there with Eagle or LBT but for what it was made for this thing will last many years of Plastic Death Ops and will probably change hands many years after I give it up. All in all it's well worth the money if you want a very versatile yet comfortable Rig. You have more than enough pouches to keep you in the fight with this. Pantac gets an A- on this one.

All the High Res Pics are HERE

I had to hit it with some Krylon.

Last edited by ex; June 23rd, 2009 at 11:58..
ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 23:27   #2
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Hmmm looking goood

How much is this fine peice of kit ex-royal?

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:07   #3
ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con3jo View Post
Hmmm looking goood

How much is this fine peice of kit ex-royal?
Redwolf has it for $162.00 USD. I am not sure what ASC Mart will be selling it for though.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:31   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Damn it, they need to make a small, I really want one of these rigs.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:36   #5
ShelledPants

Great review, and nice piece of kit man.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 15:55   #6
ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Great review, and nice piece of kit man.
Thanks..it really is a comfy and versatile Rig...It's going to see allot of use from me for sure.
Old June 28th, 2009, 22:48   #7
ex

I got a chance to run with it yesterday and to say I was surprised at it's comfort would be an understatement. I was on the run all day and this thing despite it's size was comfortable and stable. I was able to go prone easily and still get at all my mags etc without a problem. I found the Dump pouches to be very valuable and the extra large Mag Pouches very handy when bringing the fight to the opfor.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:43   #8
Heartlessjim

Hi , I'd like to know if you could tell me something :

Can M14 magazines fit the M4 pouches on this PANTAC ( These are 3 M4 Mags pouches , pretty huge... ) ? If it fits , How many of them could fit for each Pouches ( 1 or 2 ? - I do know 3 will not fit ) ?
Id'like to buy this Chest rig , but With No molle it might pose a problem between my M4 and my M14.
Otherwise I'll take the Guarder 1195J Copy wich is Molle but Pantac seems to have a better construction and the Real 1195 DOES NOT HAVE MOLLE ! ;-)

( Sorry about my english I'm French. )

And thx for answering me !!!
Heartlessjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:05   #9
Redneck Jimbo

yes the 4 mag pouches will hold just about any mags from AK to MP5 to M4/M16 and even 2 7.62 NATO mags per pouch. I tried M14 and G3 mags they both fit with a little room to spare.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:19   #10
Heartlessjim

Thx a lot sir ! ;-)
Now I can buy it ! ( Even If I'm 1m80 tall for 60 kilograms ! )
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:48   #11
Redneck Jimbo

If you are under a 36 mens waist it wont fit. Gigaknight tried it on and he is a 32 or 34 and there was a lot of space even on the tightest setting.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:56   #12
Heartlessjim

I'm rather thin but it compensate by the fact i'm tall , it'll be a little too great for me at the beginning but ...
It's always time to gain some muscle ;-)

EDIT : After verification i'm 33 Waist...
Time to EAT and EAT , and EAT ! ;-)
Really , Thx for ALL your help !

Last edited by Heartlessjim; October 2nd, 2009 at 13:00..
Old October 4th, 2009, 13:07   #13
Heartlessjim

Sorry about this Double post , I'm about to buy the Pantac 1195j but like I said I'm ONLY 33Waist , you said that there will be some space between me and the Rig , is there gonna be a lot of space like 10 cm or more or is it gonna be more like just not tight till the time I take these 3W plus ;-)
Cause If it is gonna be catastrophic I'll go for a 1961 chest rig.

Thx for answering.
Have a nice day !!!

Jim.
Old December 7th, 2009, 21:53   #14
Gigaknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Jimbo View Post
If you are under a 36 mens waist it wont fit. Gigaknight tried it on and he is a 32 or 34 and there was a lot of space even on the tightest setting.
Heh, I'm actually only a 30 (Yes... I'm tiny) but the 1195J is HUGE. There's no way that would fit anyone under a 36.

T.A.C.O.
Tactical Airsoft Combat Operatives
Gigaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 21:18   #15
QKLee11

You had no problem with the rig itself in squirmishing...it didn't run up and down on your Torso like the old L85. The pattern almost appears simular however with the 5 panels linked together as oppose to 1 belt supporting everything appears to be more advance. I like it. You said the price is around $162?
Q
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews