:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:56   #31
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
He did explain and makes sense.
I follow burst. If they get longer during the game. You need too enforce your rules better. An increase punishment.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:55   #32
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I'm on side with saying its the people you're playing with.

If a person wants to play to hurt someone else, or can't keep their frustration in check while under stress or 'losing', or can't keep eyes on player safety throughout the game, they should be getting re-educated or going home.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:06   #33
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
I'm on side with saying its the people you're playing with.

If a person wants to play to hurt someone else, or can't keep their frustration in check while under stress or 'losing', or can't keep eyes on player safety throughout the game, they should be getting re-educated or going home.
that is all well and good... but it does not undo wounds received.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old May 16th, 2012, 13:06   #34
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
I follow burst. If they get longer during the game. You need too enforce your rules better. An increase punishment.
+1
Old May 16th, 2012, 13:19   #35
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Agreed, but what are we counting as the lowest-tier for wounds here?

I'm looking at any injury to the face, really mashed up fingers/ knuckles, severe bleeders, and shots to the pills as 'wounds' or 'serious injuries'.
All of these can be prevented through use of adequate safety gear, and the circumstances which may lead to these types of injury can be lessened to an extent though skill and drill (when common sense isn't an option).

A 3-5rd line of welts up one's back is certainly unpleasant, but it's hardly a show-stopping pain olympics type deal, and can also be mitigated by use of adequate gear.
Are welts in this case counted as wounds?

I'm not going to disregard rules if I disagree with them; if its semi-auto then it's semi-auto, if it's pistols I transition. But I'm having a hard time understanding the general squeamishness associated with CQB.
If it's a question of disliking incoming bbs, I fully understand, but I also know that it's something you can condition yourself to accept and shrug off.
If it's a question of wanting people to slow things down so you can wear oakleys and your bare-ass face inside... well... there's no polite way to tell you your teeth are worth $3000 a piece and I am in no way liable for you not wearing a cage, even if I do feel really bad about ruining your mouth.
Old May 16th, 2012, 14:28   #36
Grizzly0679

I really think full face gear should be an enforced rule. then people can let loose. The fact that some people have to control their fire* because someone wants to look cool, or whatever reason they have not protect their teeth and nose, is like saying no slap shots during hockey because some guys are not wearing visors. If you want to play a dangerous sport with minimal protection that's your prerogative but the way I see it: don't make others have to conform to your bad decisions.

Am I wrong to see it that way?

On the subject of being able to control fire: it's not an issue. I had a couple occasions at my first game where I had to decide whether it was too close to shoot or not. Both times I had no issue controlling my reflexes. I'll never understand the panic-fire people...and I'm pretty high strung, go figure...

* I still think controlling fire should be advised in certain areas because you still have the throat and groin to worry about, but it would be less of a problem if people wore face protection. I think anyway. Ideally a common sense rule should just be SOP for all players but such a quality is not so common as they say.

That's all normative thinking though. So the question still remains: how do we solve your(OP's) issue? Tell people to control their fire. If you can't, you're a liability. Exceptions should be given but I always hated the guy who threw his bat after taking a swing in baseball if you catch my drift. ffs get a grip! no pun intended. Two puns in a row. sweet...
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Old May 16th, 2012, 17:55   #37
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
He only explained His view on the burst option and then simply called everything else I say poor without explanation, I say semi only in cqb is good, he says everything I said is "pretty poor"
Old May 16th, 2012, 19:03   #38
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Grizzely, there is no slap shots in shiny as an unwritten rule, your metaphor is invalid.

The safety thing here is the same, Get some common sense or be kicked out.
Old May 16th, 2012, 19:35   #39
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

@Grizzly0679: The vast majority of players at the field, and in Ontario for that matter wear ballistic goggles. The question asked was what can we use to clear the sea cans, not make players wear; although yes that is a valid solution, no one is going to want to wear a paintball mask etc all day on the off chance they get into a duel in the sea cans.
Old May 17th, 2012, 00:20   #40
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Personally not wearing PB masks or even lower face masks matter allot to myself.

1. Cheek weld.
2. Cheek Weld
3. Guess what, Cheek weld. I got sights, I use them.
4. Looks more MIL to have ballistic goggles/glasses.
5. I don't like paintball masks they catch sweat and maybe I'll go back to a lower face one day, but not today.
6. I plain don't just effin want to wear that. Personally and I accept the risks, but thats like the guys who don't wear uppers in my mens league. You accept the risk, but that does not equal stupidity or reckless disregard on your part.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:14   #41
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, it always strikes me as hypocritical when players that are all about realism, complain about being hit in the head. And if your only exposed part is your head...guess where your getting shot. Am i supposed to hold my fire while you shoot at me because i'm wearing face protection. I wear a paintball mask and have expended lots of time and energy dealing with cheek weld and fogging issues. Mesh lowers are also excellent answers to the problem. Last CQB game i was at i took a full auto blast to the face from 3 feet from a newbie, no injury. shit happens - be prepared! Brian is one of the most respected members on this forum, ask him what he wears for CQB.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:32   #42
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Thanks for all the info guys..I can see this train is now derailed...
End Thread.

All good points and lots of food for though.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures