Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is hero outdoors legit?

:

General

Old April 24th, 2019, 13:54   #76
Harrier .45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asclepeus View Post
Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Hero Outdoors. Ordered a plate carrier, Hydration pack, and a condor medical pouch. I had seen the part of the website where they say it can take up to 10 days to ship items. After a few days I sent a email inquiring when the items would ship. Email was ignored, another email, a facebook message, and finally a 3rd email before I received a canned response.

"Good afternoon,

your order has been processed but please note that as stated on our shipping page, Hero does allow a time period of up to 10 business days to process and ship an order depending on the queue of orders at the time and to arrange transfers from our different warehouses All orders with any or all airsoft parts or guns are subject to longer delays ( up to 20 business day) due to the CBSA mandatory customs border inspections for any airsoft related items. . A tracking # will assigned to you from Canada Post via email. We appreciate your patience. Thanks,
Hero Outdoors"
So basically we have your money, and we will ship your stuff when we get around to it.

At this point I responded and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money, I had a event coming up and couldn't wait a undetermined time for the items.

I then received a email stating that my items were stuck at CBSA with the rest of a shipment from their U.S. "warehouse" being held for inspection, and that Hero outdoors had spent days and days on the phone with multiple departments of the CBSA attempting to get the shipment released and mine would ship the second they got it. Sounds like a great excuse except for 2 problems, Their site specifically states I should order from them to avoid tie-ups at the border, and I use to work in the compliance department of a major trucking company and know exactly what happens when a shipment is held for inspection. It sits in a bonded warehouse for a few days and then if you haven't broken any laws it gets released, you don't spend days on the phone.
I once again requested my order be cancelled and my money refunded at which point they have stopped responding to my emails.

TL;DR
Terrible customer service, faster to order from the states or china

UPDATE 06/06/18 A week after they claim to have shipped my package Canada Post still has no record of ever receiving the item. Hero Outdoors now claims that Canada Post has lost the package and it's not their problem.
I ran into the same problem with a stock I ordered for my KSW 93R. The Hero Outdoors website said it was in stock, but they took nearly 24 days to ship the item. When I contacted them to ask about the delay, they said the stock was likely held up at the border.

IN STOCK means you have an item in your inventory, ready for immediate purchase, not in some far-flung warehouse with a multi-week delay for shipping.

Great product once it was finally received, but I will hesitate to buy from them again.
Harrier .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 17:33   #77
FULLMETAL

Honestly after the experience I learned my lesson, order, but call them to consult about stock right after.
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 13:05   #78
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
Honestly after the experience I learned my lesson, order, but call them to consult about stock right after.
I agree. That's what I do as well.

I think the most helpful thing they can have is a "In Stock" or "Special Order" icon in the product description. That would save them time from dealing with confused customers and the transparency should lower the amount of negative feedback.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2020, 10:41   #79
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Figured I'd res this thread to add another post about Hero Outdoors. Just be aware they drop ship a LOT of their products.Ordered a product last year that took forever for it to ship, the only explanation was that it was in their "Over stock warehouse". When it finally arrived I realized it was drop shipped from overseas. Somehow I forgot this and placed another order with them this year. Well over the "10 business days". Once again got the "it's in our overstock warehouse" canned response. Replied to their email asking for a refund, they read it and ignored it. Started up a resolution through Paypal and once again asked for a refund. They ignored that request and gave the same canned response of it taking "10 business days" (it's been over that 10 business days) because it was in their "overstock warehouse". I asked for a refund a third time (even though they charge a 20% restocking fee on cancelled orders) and they ignore that one so I escalated it to Paypal for them to help resolve this.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2020, 14:32   #80
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I placed one order with Hero and NEVER again. I've been ordering online for over a decade now. Hero has, by far, the WORST customer service I've ever come across.

It took nearly three weeks to get a partial delivery of my order. In that partial delivery, they shipped the wrong shirt. Fine, people make mistakes. But when I tried to contact them, they didn't respond to my emails (sent three over a two week period), email is their preferred method of communication as per their website. So, I then decided to call them, I called twice a day (morning and afternoon) and finally got a hold of them on the third day of trying. When I got a hold of them, they were horribly uncooperative and disorganized.

I told them they had sent me the wrong shirt and offered to send a picture of what they had sent. In a previous email sent to them, I provided the web address of the shirt they sent, and the address of the shirt I actually ordered. They sent a musty smelling U.S. army surplus shirt, listed for $4 on their site. They told me I could keep it, as if they were doing me a favor - gee thaaaanks. I suggested to them that they could send the correct shirt with the remainder of my order, so they could save on shipping costs. They told me they couldn't do that because they had already sent the remainder of my order (which I found out was a lie, the remainder of my order wouldn't arrive for another two-plus months, with the "correct" shirt in it). Then, they told me, in order to get the shirt I actually ordered, I would have to place another order (buy something else and pay for the shipping) just to get the shirt I actually ordered from them. Really Hero...

So, shipping (of only part of my order) took three weeks, they shipped the wrong item, they didn't respond to my emails, to fix it the mistake, they had the nerve to tell me I needed to make another order -"Just order something small" - so they could pawn the shipping cost on to me and suck some more money out of me - all to fix THEIR fuck-up. Unbelievable! After much aggravation and protest, they finally agreed to send me the right shirt. You know, the one I ordered and already paid for.

Fast-forward two-plus months (give or take a couple of days), a shirt (close enough to what I ordered) finally arrives with some of the other things I had ordered (the stuff they told me they had already sent out). I also got an email saying the rest of my order was "discontinued", they offered store credit of a refund. REFUND! I want nothing to do with you or your store credit. GTFO Hero.

edit: waiting on the refund.

Last edited by Kozzie; February 27th, 2020 at 14:53..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2020, 10:46   #81
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
edit: waiting on the refund.

And then they take a huge bite of 20% of that for their restocking fee. How do you restock something that was supposedly in stock and still hasn't even left their store?

UPDATE:

So I had filed a claim with paypal. Once I did that Hero Outdoors is claiming the product is shipped but won't provide me a tracking number. It's just a smoke screen to try and stop Paypal from refunding my money long enough for the drop shipment to arrive.

Last edited by Drache; February 28th, 2020 at 12:12..
Old February 28th, 2020, 14:10   #82
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
And then they take a huge bite of 20% of that for their restocking fee. How do you restock something that was supposedly in stock and still hasn't even left their store?

UPDATE:

So I had filed a claim with paypal. Once I did that Hero Outdoors is claiming the product is shipped but won't provide me a tracking number. It's just a smoke screen to try and stop Paypal from refunding my money long enough for the drop shipment to arrive.
Damn that is shady as fuck...

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2020, 18:15   #83
Drache

Another update, seems like starting a complaint with paypal did the trick. Just got notification from Canada Post that they picked up my parcel and it should be here by the 6th.
Old May 25th, 2020, 16:13   #84
rovot

HI Guys, new here on the forum. browsing around and saw this topic about Hero outdoors. I ordered a small item (PEQ Box) and its a month already and no update.I just happened to find about the bad reviews after I bought the item. It's only 20 bucks but, I'll be filing complaint with my card so that these guys should learn about customer service.

Lesson learned and will not buy again from these guys.
rovot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 16:57   #85
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovot View Post
HI Guys, new here on the forum. browsing around and saw this topic about Hero outdoors. I ordered a small item (PEQ Box) and its a month already and no update.I just happened to find about the bad reviews after I bought the item. It's only 20 bucks but, I'll be filing complaint with my card so that these guys should learn about customer service.

Lesson learned and will not buy again from these guys.
Technically you have not yet "Bought" anything from them. lol.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:42   #86
Warderp

I Have ordered many things from Heroes they all arrived... eventually, or if an item was discontinued they did contact me and had it replaced with a different item. I have had issues where they say they let you order an item but it is not something that they have in stock so the order gets delayed. Whenever I have contacted them they have responded fairly quickly. (an instantaneous response is generally not what I would expect from any company but within a reasonable amount of time)

I ordered some stuff just before the lockdown happened and my order took about the same ammout of time it always does (within 1-2 weeks to arrive). There is a couple items I ordered that I want to return/exchange as they are not the size I expected (as is the risk of ordering online) and they have not yet responded which is now entering an unusually long wait time for a response. I will say If you ordered anything since everything went into lockdown and are raging about slow responses I would suggest you expect a longer than normal wait time for anything and everything to happen because... well... lockdown...

On a side note its good to see Jeroon still lurking.

"First of all it's called airsoft, and second you can't bring the foam lightning bolts
you made unless the crono shows they are under the FPS limit"
Warderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2021, 09:32   #87
XOIIO

Has anyone physically been there recently? They are impossible to reach via phone or email, or facebook. Usually they are pretty good, and they went above and beyond once and saved my ass for a big airsoft event that would have been ruined without critical parts.

But I placed an order in the middle or start of may and it's still awaiting fulfilment. Zero updates, and no way to reach them, I'm wondering if they had a shipment seized or something, or what the hell is going on. They are still blasting out emails about new stock and stuff, but what the fuck is going on that their customer service is struggling so much with?

I just checked and the gun I want is now sold out everywhere else, so trying to save $40-$50 with hero was a mistake apparently.

Last edited by XOIIO; April 25th, 2021 at 09:35..
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2021, 12:35   #88
yogurtstorm

I did not enjoy my experience shopping from them. They answered my first e-mail quickly, and then I ordered 2 products.

One was a rare mount for one of my GBBRs that they stated was in-stock and i got a light to attach to that mount. I got notifcation of shipment a few weeks later (look quite a while). Once it got here, I noticed that the mount I ordered was missing. I tried to phone, e-mail them but I never ever got any answer no matter what I tried.

I ended up calling VISA to get it settled, and they informed me that I was already refunded the amount of the mount a while back. I find it very disappointing that Hero Outdoors didn't bother to get in touch with me about it, and failed to respond to me in any capacity after I had made my purchase. I ended up purchasing a light that I had no way to mount to my GBBR.

I definitely do not recommend them.
yogurtstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2021, 17:15   #89
sashavukelich

Has anyone ever used their like 'trade in service' to sell gear? like you send them your stuff and they evaluate it?
sashavukelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 18:26   #90
TyraNoah

Hero outdoors is absolutely legit.

minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore

Last edited by TyraNoah; December 16th, 2021 at 13:56..
TyraNoah is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General