Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ARMY Kimber R28 1911 inquiry

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 11th, 2013, 15:46   #1
Reaver_RRTS

ARMY Kimber R28 1911 inquiry

Just saw this online, was wondering why so cheap? ($125 CA) It's full metal, GBB... Is it just total shit given the price comparison to other 1911 pistols? Looking for a new sidearm, so that's why I'm looking around.
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 15:51   #2
ShelledPants

For $200 you can pick up a KJW 1911 which is TM compatible, and uses Propane or CO2 magazines... I've rocked one for the better part of a year now, and functions great.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 15:52   #3
Reaver_RRTS

So thats a "no" to the R28 lol
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:07   #4
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
personally I think army makes GOOD tm 1911 clones, Id take it over a WE or maaaaybe over a KJW but the mag valves were pretty awful,
and I think thats a good price as well

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:07   #5
jareyes

The army pistols are supposed to be TM compatible too, but KJW is more reputable in terms of quality control IMO and like shelledpants said, is usable with propane and CO2 mags which the R28 lacks. Get the KJW
jareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:15   #6
Reaver_RRTS

The R28 isn't propane compatible? If it's full metal, and another propane magazine is compatible, shouldn't that be an easy fix? and being TM compatible means a lot of upgrade/repair opportunity. What does the gun use? the red gas or whatever the other two types are? I'd be more than willing to swap to other magazines I wouldn't really care since I'd be buying at least four... And I haven't really seen any 'nice' (to me) guns from KJW other than the KP06 and I know it's a bitch to get a holster due to the extended barrel and rail. I was originally going to go with the KP06 but saw the R28 today so figured I'd ask since there was a $60 price difference
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:16   #7
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

However, the army guns do come with some nice looking trades if we are talking about the same guns here. The kjws do not. If your a trademark whore that could be something important. Im tempted to get an army 1911 and swap the frame and slide in a KJW.

Could you PM me the link to them please Reaver.

But overall, KJW makes some pretty decent clones of the TM 1911 and are actually not bad in terms of fit and finish. Ever had a WE 1911. The paint on those wears off soo quickly and looks so bad when it comes off.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:19   #8
Reaver_RRTS

PM'd. Not picky with trades, so that's not what I'm after. It's cheaper than most pistols I'm looking at, and that means I can get a few extra magazines. I just want to ensure it is worth the money or if it's just a piece of shit. But given its basically a clone of a 1911 M.E.U. (or whatever it is) isn't that a good thing? And being TM compatible...
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:22   #9
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Thanks Reaver. Now im tempted to spend more money! haha. Well since the army guns use the same style of mags you are better off in that sense. KJW mags arnt all that bad. Well they are far better in terms of bb capacity and durability than the WE ones. But you could buy it and run it into the ground. For the price thats a decent gun.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:26   #10
jareyes

Just be weary, TM compatible may not mean compatible in the strictest sense. Every part designed for a TM 1911 that I've dropped into my KJW was a drop-in fit, and even then I might've just gotten lucky. With clones of a so-called lower grade, expect upgrades and parts to not fit in so finely or easily.

As for the fit/compatibility of mags, again it SHOULD be compatible but you can't be 100% sure unless you try it. If you can wait I might check one of these army pistols on the weekend and fit genuine TM mags in them.

Where's brian/Illusion when you need a 1911 question cleared up... He'll clear up any possible question you could have if you just PM me (or give him time, he'll see this thread probably)
jareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 16:30   #11
Reaver_RRTS

No biggie, not buying it yet, so if it gives people time to check into it and see what's what, that's a bonus to me. I found a link to this http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...?topic=95281.0
regarding the R28 upgraded with mostly TM parts. Take a gander, Jordan I think you'll like it Mind you I'm not going this far, but probably a tight bore and maybe a silencer but that's pretty well it until I need replacement parts. for 125 it's hard to beat...
Old September 11th, 2013, 18:13   #12
Reaver_RRTS

Just wanna drop this here... Tokio Marui magazines ARE compatible, just watched a review and he was using and SHOWED that the magazine he used was in fact a TM 1911 magazine and the gun comes with two nozzles, one for gas and one for whatever else it uses lol and it's a TM clone, so TM compatible Think i found a good handgun for future upgrading
Old September 11th, 2013, 18:53   #13
L473ncy

Can I get the link PM'ed to me as well? I want to try and pickup the R29 Gold Cup Match pistol for a wall hanger/showpiece (I'm a match competition whore) but no one seems to have it anywhere I look.
Old September 11th, 2013, 18:58   #14
Reaver_RRTS

PM'd. Saw that one wasn't crazy about it, too plain to me :P but to each his own.
Old September 11th, 2013, 19:25   #15
SlowEddy

I've run the army 1911 MEU as my go-to side arm for 4 maybe 5 years ( but retired it this year - moved to Glock)

TM mags are a must, the army 1911 mag's are pure crap.

The 2nd nozzle it comes with is just a spare for when the other breaks.

Right off the bat I upgraded it with a Nine-ball 6.03 inner, firefly hop-up , And enhanced recoil spring
(which was an additional $100 or so at the time.) + TM mag's (I think I payed $40 each or something) so you may ended up spending more than you think.

It preformed quite well. But My biggest compliant with the gun is the slop between the slide and the frame. The enhanced recoil spring reduces the slop a bit, but it is still very noticeable and very wobbly (side to side play)

The finish is nothing special, wears over time (I used a safariland holster)

but I like the beat down used and abused look......gives the gun character after being used for such a long period of time.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion