Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 27th, 2012, 21:09   #211
.Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
As RacingManiac stated in previous posts, the front sight will need modifications if you are trying to mount a Real Glock one.

THere are scores of youtube vidoes out there. I would make one but the file is is huge and won't upload properly.....

Anyways, here's a great one for you...

marui glock 18c hammer spring upgrade for green gas. - YouTube
I tried that but its not much use to me as my hammer is COMPLETELY disassembled, all the pins are out, the knocker is seperated, EVERYTHING

Is there some way I could contact you outside of the site? if you could walk me through this that would be amazing
.Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:22   #212
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Zo View Post
I tried that but its not much use to me as my hammer is COMPLETELY disassembled, all the pins are out, the knocker is seperated, EVERYTHING

Is there some way I could contact you outside of the site? if you could walk me through this that would be amazing
Here's a video I made a loooooooooong while ago. I just uploaded it.
Sorry if it's not very clear.

I'll write up a guide for you once I find time later tonight...
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:23   #213
e-luder

Of course....

it would actually be helpful if I posted the link....

http://youtu.be/eJPzT6U3Jkw
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:48   #214
.Zo

Quote:
Of course....

it would actually be helpful if I posted the link....

http://youtu.be/eJPzT6U3Jkw
That was helping alot and we were studying each second to make sure we installed it right....

Then we found out the hammer is broken .-.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY DERAIL so much for getting this done before winter break is over
Old December 29th, 2012, 15:24   #215
.Zo

And I cannot find a new hammer anywhere

I mailed gunsmodify and I guess I just gotta wait now
Old December 29th, 2012, 16:50   #216
e-luder

This hammer is pretty sexy...
I've used it in a number of my custom builds. You may need to custom fit it though. The fitting sometimes can be a bit "off". Especially with the rotary piece. Some of the ones that I got required a minor filing job and a good grease tuning to eliminate unwanted friction. It's made out of steel so you'll want to pay close attention to how you fit it and how it interacts with the BBU. If you don't grease it properly, it can chew up the BBU overtime...

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/i...oducts_id=9002

I don't normally recommend the GunsModify Zero Hammer. Mainly because it needs a lot of work before it optimizes its functionality. This is even with their "newer" iterations. It takes a long break in period before it reaches what it needs to do properly...
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:53   #217
.Zo

Quote:
This hammer is pretty sexy...
I've used it in a number of my custom builds. You may need to custom fit it though. The fitting sometimes can be a bit "off". Especially with the rotary piece. Some of the ones that I got required a minor filing job and a good grease tuning to eliminate unwanted friction. It's made out of steel so you'll want to pay close attention to how you fit it and how it interacts with the BBU. If you don't grease it properly, it can chew up the BBU overtime...

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/i...oducts_id=9002

I don't normally recommend the GunsModify Zero Hammer. Mainly because it needs a lot of work before it optimizes its functionality. This is even with their "newer" iterations. It takes a long break in period before it reaches what it needs to do properly...
Alright, thanks for that. I'll buy it and hopefully it will work for me. I ordered and received some team losi 25wt silicone shock oil and superlube dielectric grease so hopefully those will work
Old December 30th, 2012, 20:06   #218
e-luder

You may also want to look into upgrading your Sear (silver thing in the video).

Pot metal VS steel is not very good mix. The steel component will almost instantly win and wear down the pot metal component.

If your buying the KM hammer, I suggest you get a steel sear of some sort. The sear hooks on the hammer (the contact point on hammer to the sear) will wear the hammer hook (the contact point on the sear to the hammer) on the sear quicker.

For costing, AIP has a complete steel hammer set for the Marui Glock 18c. The thing is, they are almost sold out everywhere.

But from my personal experience, they need a bit of fitting work to get into place and bit of a break in period. Particularly, the valve knocker tends to create a weak strike on the blowoff valve. But you can fix that easily...
Old December 31st, 2012, 15:04   #219
.Zo

Quote:
You may also want to look into upgrading your Sear (silver thing in the video).

Pot metal VS steel is not very good mix. The steel component will almost instantly win and wear down the pot metal component.

If your buying the KM hammer, I suggest you get a steel sear of some sort. The sear hooks on the hammer (the contact point on hammer to the sear) will wear the hammer hook (the contact point on the sear to the hammer) on the sear quicker.

For costing, AIP has a complete steel hammer set for the Marui Glock 18c. The thing is, they are almost sold out everywhere.

But from my personal experience, they need a bit of fitting work to get into place and bit of a break in period. Particularly, the valve knocker tends to create a weak strike on the blowoff valve. But you can fix that easily...
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-p...-18c-60-1.html

Are you talking about that? Or could you show ne a picture or an out of stock link? Because i found aip steel hammer parts if that's what you mean?
Old January 1st, 2013, 00:32   #220
.Zo

http://www.aipairsoft.com/aip/mobile...roducts_id=730

Holy tits for a small piece it sure is expensive

Well should I get the aip one or the km/tmc one?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 22:44   #221
e-luder

Quote:
http://www.aipairsoft.com/aip/mobile...roducts_id=730

Holy tits for a small piece it sure is expensive

Well should I get the aip one or the km/tmc one?
Yeah that's only ONE of the sears. I'm talking about the very first thing you put in when you re-assembled the hammer housing. Remember that spring that I put in the wrong way in the video? That part that it rests on. That silver thing...

Anyways, if you don't want to spend all the money, get the AIP one. I doubt you'll be able to find a spare sear all by it self for the Glock...
Old January 4th, 2013, 20:40   #222
.Zo

Quote:
Yeah that's only ONE of the sears. I'm talking about the very first thing you put in when you re-assembled the hammer housing. Remember that spring that I put in the wrong way in the video? That part that it rests on. That silver thing...

Anyways, if you don't want to spend all the money, get the AIP one. I doubt you'll be able to find a spare sear all by it self for the Glock...
Yeah I thought that's what you were talking about.

But the AIP and the KM one are the same price lol so thats why I asked.

I guess I'll go ahead and order the AIP since the KM wouldn't be the right decision since I cant find a steel sear?
Old January 4th, 2013, 23:17   #223
e-luder

Quote:
Yeah I thought that's what you were talking about.

But the AIP and the KM one are the same price lol so thats why I asked.

I guess I'll go ahead and order the AIP since the KM wouldn't be the right decision since I cant find a steel sear?
It's completely your choice...
I can't advise you one way or the other. I just want you to be wary of the what components you are mixing together.

The AIP set is good for economical reasons but fitting wise (for me at least), I had to mod mine quite a bit. Mainly removing the surface imperfections with some light sanding and re-polishing.

The KM Hammer is a complete fit and the finish is quite lovely. But the downside is that it tends to ware out the sear a little faster than the stock one. You'll need the proper amount of lube once in a while to pro-long this damage...
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:10   #224
turok_t

I'll be posting up a guide shortly for modding the AIP full steel trigger set with guarded slide to make your gun cycle like butter.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 13:58   #225
.Zo

Quote:
It's completely your choice...
I can't advise you one way or the other. I just want you to be wary of the what components you are mixing together.

The AIP set is good for economical reasons but fitting wise (for me at least), I had to mod mine quite a bit. Mainly removing the surface imperfections with some light sanding and re-polishing.

The KM Hammer is a complete fit and the finish is quite lovely. But the downside is that it tends to ware out the sear a little faster than the stock one. You'll need the proper amount of lube once in a while to pro-long this damage...
I went ahead and bought the aip one, the km one could wear down an almost irreplaceable part so I couldn't have that. Kind of odd that the aip hammer uses a bearing rather than the traditional heart shaped piece, would you know why that is?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications