Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Difference between KJW P226 and P226 E2?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 26th, 2014, 22:20   #1
erietdyk

Difference between KJW P226 and P226 E2?

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a P226, and from what I've gathered and researched thus far, the full-metal KJW P226 seems to be the way to go.

Now, I've found two variants of the KJW online, and need to know the differences between them before I proceed - there's the standard P226, and the P226 E2. Obviously the E2 has the "ergonomically enhanced" grips, but are there any major differences between the two aside from that? The E2 variant I've found online is currently on sale, and I'd be able to get it, along with a green gas magazine (it only comes with a CO2 magazine) for the same price as the standard P226 with it's green gas magazine, and benefit from the (apparently) better internals to be able to switch between green gas and CO2 at my convenience.

Main reason I ask this is because I want to fit a set of RS grips to the gun, and if the frames between the two are identical, I'll go with the on-sale E2. If the frames are different, and the E2 has a smaller frame, I'll go with the standard. Anyone know if they're different, or only different in the grips?
erietdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:12   #2
kullwarrior

The KJW's E2 isn't actually a full E2 AFAIK. It's a hybird of Sig's P226 and P226 E2.
The trigger is a standard one while the grip is E2.
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:32   #3
erietdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
The KJW's E2 isn't actually a full E2 AFAIK. It's a hybird of Sig's P226 and P226 E2.
The trigger is a standard one while the grip is E2.
I made that distinction too, which is what made me question the validity of it being an E2.

If it's the same frame, then grips would be transferrable between the standard P226 and the E2, would they not? I know modification is necessary regardless, but if I can save $40 when purchasing it, I might as well go for the "E2" if I plan to get new standard grips later, anyways.
erietdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion